Fate Preview

Not all that detailed, but I put a preview of the Fate demo up on my
gaming blog, for the one or two reading this who haven't downloaded it.
I'll probably buy the full version and then do a more in-depth review a
bit later on.

http://knightgames.blogspot.com/

I really think Fate is a good game for casual gamers. In fact I might
suggest to anyone that they let their non-gamer friends give it a try
to see if they get hooked. I bet my wife, who plays games rarely, will
like this one.

Knight37

Walter wrote:
> knight37m@gmail.com wrote:
> > I really think Fate is a good game for casual gamers. In fact I might
> > suggest to anyone that they let their non-gamer friends give it a try
> > to see if they get hooked. I bet my wife, who plays games rarely, will
> > like this one.
>
> You bet your wife? Wow... that's heavy stakes. Does she know?

Shh. Don't tell her.

walter

knight37m@gmail.com wrote:
> I really think Fate is a good game for casual gamers. In fact I might
> suggest to anyone that they let their non-gamer friends give it a try
> to see if they get hooked. I bet my wife, who plays games rarely, will
> like this one.

You bet your wife? Wow... that's heavy stakes. Does she know?

hank

Quote "One thing you should be aware of is that the registered game
keys in on your hardware configuration and you are only allowed to
install the game 3 times before you get locked out of it. Supposedly
you can email WildTangent and get more installs, if you can provide
proof of purchase I guess"

Well that there will stop me trying or buying this game. Too bad, it
sounded ok and i'd like to try it but that written above just stinks.
If I buy the game I should be allowed to install it as may times as I
need when I rebuild my PC. I rebuild about every 2 months to keep
things fresh. Going buy there shitty protection system i'd get 6 months
use before i'd have to buy another copy. LOL, stuff that.

Hank.

On 7 Jun 2005 10:39:17 -0700, knight37m@gmail.com wrote:

> I really think Fate is a good game for casual gamers.

It is also great for Nethack and Diablo fans. In fact, it's almost like
crack for that audience. :) I picked up the full version yesterday and have
been playing it for a quite a bit. It's definitely good fun, but it does
require some rebalancing still. For instance, my level 1 character was
fishing in the starter town and pulled up items that sold for 1,800,000
gold in fifteen minutes, which felt much like an exploit. Pure casters,
except summoners, seem much weaker than melee characters, and pure archers
don't appear to be viable at all. The fishing and magic issues will be
addressed in a patch that's expected to come out later this week, though,
so they are actively balancing the game. For twenty bucks, this is almost a
must-buy for fans of the genre (not like we get much new stuff), in spite
of the WT and DRM issues.

I don't think they expected so many hardcore gamers getting attracted by
the title.

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

"Michael Vondung" <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On 7 Jun 2005 10:39:17 -0700, knight37m@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I really think Fate is a good game for casual gamers.
>
> It is also great for Nethack and Diablo fans. In fact, it's almost like
> crack for that audience. :) I picked up the full version yesterday and
> have
> been playing it for a quite a bit. It's definitely good fun, but it does
> require some rebalancing still. For instance, my level 1 character was
> fishing in the starter town and pulled up items that sold for 1,800,000
> gold in fifteen minutes, which felt much like an exploit. Pure casters,
> except summoners, seem much weaker than melee characters, and pure archers
> don't appear to be viable at all. The fishing and magic issues will be
> addressed in a patch that's expected to come out later this week, though,
> so they are actively balancing the game. For twenty bucks, this is almost
> must-buy for fans of the genre (not like we get much new stuff), in spite
> of the WT and DRM issues.
>
> I don't think they expected so many hardcore gamers getting attracted by
> the title.
>
> M.
> --
> ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
> http://www.clamwin.com/

And, of course, hardcore gamers are the only ones likely to know about and
be put off by the WT adware issue. The install limitations (i.e., one pc
only), while maybe reasonable from the developer/publisher's perspective,
also do not gladden my heart.

"Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> once tried to test me with:

> Quote "One thing you should be aware of is that the registered game
> keys in on your hardware configuration and you are only allowed to
> install the game 3 times before you get locked out of it. Supposedly
> you can email WildTangent and get more installs, if you can provide
> proof of purchase I guess"
>
> Well that there will stop me trying or buying this game. Too bad, it
> sounded ok and i'd like to try it but that written above just stinks.
> If I buy the game I should be allowed to install it as may times as I
> need when I rebuild my PC. I rebuild about every 2 months to keep
> things fresh. Going buy there shitty protection system i'd get 6 months
> use before i'd have to buy another copy. LOL, stuff that.

You wouldn't have to buy another copy, but you would have to go through the
hassle of proving you owned it to a wild-tangent rep so they could unlock
another 3 installs for you.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
> "Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> once tried to test me with:
>
>> Quote "One thing you should be aware of is that the registered game
>> keys in on your hardware configuration and you are only allowed to
>> install the game 3 times before you get locked out of it. Supposedly
>> you can email WildTangent and get more installs, if you can provide
>> proof of purchase I guess"
>>
>> Well that there will stop me trying or buying this game. Too bad, it
>> sounded ok and i'd like to try it but that written above just stinks.
>> If I buy the game I should be allowed to install it as may times as I
>> need when I rebuild my PC. I rebuild about every 2 months to keep
>> things fresh. Going buy there shitty protection system i'd get 6 months
>> use before i'd have to buy another copy. LOL, stuff that.
>>

> You wouldn't have to buy another copy, but you would have to go through
> the
> hassle of proving you owned it to a wild-tangent rep so they could unlock
> another 3 installs for you.
>
> --
>
> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

And down the road when "Fate" becomes an "oldie but goodie" and Wild Tangent
no longer exits......who'll unlock it for us then? Of course, someone will
have probably hacked off the need for the unlock code by then.....or maybe
by next week. :)

This is where pc games are going (if they're going anywhere that is).
Publishers are now enforcing one install per game per machine via unlock
codes sent by servers. Used to be this was just an mp issue, but now it's
sp too. I can see why they do it, especially with downloadable games (tho'
the CD-version of "Fate" installs identically to the dl version). But it
sure helps drive home to me that I'm just paying to use a game under certain
specific, enforceable conditions spelled out in the EULA. I may own my
harddrive and my game CD's but I don't own what's on them.....unless I
created it. I can take it or leave it. But if I decide to "leave it," it
means leaving pc gaming.....or stealing games.

Stealing games (or, at least, using them in ways not intended by the
publishers)? Well, I guess that what a lot of use have been doing for
years, when we installed the same copy of a game on numerous pc's or when we
employed various creative ways to circumvent the EULA. The warez guys just
take it all the way and plain, out and out. steal the game, period. Bottom
line: for those of us who don't want to steal, I guess were just going to
have to get used to this.....or take up bird-watching (lots of fun, by the
way).

DocScorpio wrote:
> I guess were just going to have to get used to this.....or take up
> bird-watching (lots of fun, by the way).

Is there a demo out? I've been deer hunting lately and having a blast
(cheap too, $10 from gamestop)

"DocScorpio" <docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> once tried to test me
with:

> "Knight37" <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "Hank" <admin@cellsounds.co.nz> once tried to test me with:
>>
>>> Quote "One thing you should be aware of is that the registered game
>>> keys in on your hardware configuration and you are only allowed to
>>> install the game 3 times before you get locked out of it. Supposedly
>>> you can email WildTangent and get more installs, if you can provide
>>> proof of purchase I guess"
>>>
>>> Well that there will stop me trying or buying this game. Too bad, it
>>> sounded ok and i'd like to try it but that written above just
>>> stinks. If I buy the game I should be allowed to install it as may
>>> times as I need when I rebuild my PC. I rebuild about every 2 months
>>> to keep things fresh. Going buy there shitty protection system i'd
>>> get 6 months use before i'd have to buy another copy. LOL, stuff
>>> that.
>>>

>> You wouldn't have to buy another copy, but you would have to go
>> through the
>> hassle of proving you owned it to a wild-tangent rep so they could
>> unlock another 3 installs for you.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>>
>> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.
>>

> And down the road when "Fate" becomes an "oldie but goodie" and Wild
> Tangent no longer exits......who'll unlock it for us then? Of course,
> someone will have probably hacked off the need for the unlock code by
> then.....or maybe by next week. :)

Presumably their last act of goodwill before financial ruin will be to
release a patch to make the game have no limit installs. :)

But yeah, a hack is probable as well.

> This is where pc games are going (if they're going anywhere that is).
> Publishers are now enforcing one install per game per machine via
> unlock codes sent by servers. Used to be this was just an mp issue,
> but now it's sp too. I can see why they do it, especially with
> downloadable games (tho' the CD-version of "Fate" installs identically
> to the dl version). But it sure helps drive home to me that I'm just
> paying to use a game under certain specific, enforceable conditions
> spelled out in the EULA. I may own my harddrive and my game CD's but
> I don't own what's on them.....unless I created it. I can take it or
> leave it. But if I decide to "leave it," it means leaving pc
> gaming.....or stealing games.

I don't personally have a problem with this. It's an inconvenience, but to
me it's less inconvenient than having to insert a CD. Unless, of course, I
can't play the game AT ALL without a net connection. That could be a
problem if my internet went down and I couldn't play any games. Most games
like this though so far work offline.

> Stealing games (or, at least, using them in ways not intended by the
> publishers)? Well, I guess that what a lot of use have been doing for
> years, when we installed the same copy of a game on numerous pc's or
> when we employed various creative ways to circumvent the EULA. The
> warez guys just take it all the way and plain, out and out. steal the
> game, period. Bottom line: for those of us who don't want to steal,

I wouldn't consider it stealing to download a hack to play a game I paid
for in an offline mode.

> I guess were just going to have to get used to this.....or take up
> bird-watching (lots of fun, by the way).

As long as the birds are the ones with hourglass figures, I'm game.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

On 7 Jun 2005 15:37:48 -0700, Hank wrote:

> Going buy there shitty protection system i'd get 6 months
> use before i'd have to buy another copy. LOL, stuff that.

You can backup your license file. It's in a folder names LicenseStores.
Only time you have to unlock it again is when you install it on different
hardware, not if it remains on the same computer (can use the backuped
license file then). They'll add charges to your key if you ask them to --
apparently with "no questions asked".

Yes, I don't know what will be somewhere a few years down the road, but the
game is under twenty bucks, and you're likely to get a few hundreds of
hours of entertainment out of it in the next few years when WT is likely to
be around. And who knows, if they ever cease support, they may just a
general unlocking patch., I don't care for the system, but I pay 15 bucks
for WoW a month and I know that I lose everything the moment I cancel my
subscription. That's infinitely worse. :p

According to the developer you can remove the WT stuff after unlocking the
game:

"for the regedit savvy -

Run regedit.exe

Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Microsoft->Windows->Run

Delete any keys that have anything to do with Wildtangent

No more background anything, no matter what.... Game should still run fine
though."

(Haven't tried that, just citing.)

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:50:51 +0200, Michael Vondung
<mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 7 Jun 2005 10:39:17 -0700, knight37m@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I really think Fate is a good game for casual gamers.
>
>It is also great for Nethack and Diablo fans. In fact, it's almost like
>crack for that audience. :) I picked up the full version yesterday and have
>been playing it for a quite a bit. It's definitely good fun, but it does
>require some rebalancing still. For instance, my level 1 character was
>fishing in the starter town and pulled up items that sold for 1,800,000
>gold in fifteen minutes, which felt much like an exploit. Pure casters,
>except summoners, seem much weaker than melee characters, and pure archers
>don't appear to be viable at all. The fishing and magic issues will be
>addressed in a patch that's expected to come out later this week, though,
>so they are actively balancing the game. For twenty bucks, this is almost a
>must-buy for fans of the genre (not like we get much new stuff), in spite
>of the WT and DRM issues.
>
>I don't think they expected so many hardcore gamers getting attracted by
>the title.
>
>M.
>--
>ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
>http://www.clamwin.com/

I had done some reading and it seems that the archers are using
summoning and usuing items that add knockback. I started a
dual-wielder and then I fished out a great bow but couldn't decide if
I wanted an archer or a dual-wielder...that bow was really nice so I
started leaning that way :) This build better work!

I think that maybe the fishing exploit is there to draw in new and
casual players. Besides, it *is* nice to fish, sell, then squander it
by gambling and enchanting it all away. Good grief, I spent soooo
many hours doing that in Diablo 2...it was a relief when I finally
sought help...I mean, quit playing *g*

My dog, Bob, looked great as a Dire Unicorn.

Celeste

"Born to Rune" - T. Prachett

<knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

>Not all that detailed, but I put a preview of the Fate demo up on my
>gaming blog, for the one or two reading this who haven't downloaded it.
>I'll probably buy the full version and then do a more in-depth review a
>bit later on.
>
>http://knightgames.blogspot.com/
>
>I really think Fate is a good game for casual gamers. In fact I might
>suggest to anyone that they let their non-gamer friends give it a try
>to see if they get hooked. I bet my wife, who plays games rarely, will
>like this one.
>
>Knight37

One of the developers, Travis, also hangs out in the Fate forums and
at http://www.quartertothree.com/. He does listen to suggestions and
provides feedback.

Celeste
"Born to Rune" - T. Prachett

> "DocScorpio" <docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> once tried to test me
> with:

[snip]
>> And down the road when "Fate" becomes an "oldie but goodie" and Wild
>> Tangent no longer exits......who'll unlock it for us then? Of course,
>> someone will have probably hacked off the need for the unlock code by
>> then.....or maybe by next week. :)
>
> Presumably their last act of goodwill before financial ruin will be to
> release a patch to make the game have no limit installs. :)
>
> But yeah, a hack is probable as well.

That's another problem, I've commented on previously: No-CD hacks don't
seem to be as plentiful for new games..at least the one's I'm playing. The
latest versions of DOW, Kohan II and SHIII, which have been out for week
and, for Kohan, months have no updated hacks (at least, last time I checked
a couple of days ago).

[snip]

> I don't personally have a problem with this. It's an inconvenience, but to
> me it's less inconvenient than having to insert a CD.

Good point. And, if hacks are disappearing (my latest obsession), it'll
solve that problem.

[snip]

> I wouldn't consider it stealing to download a hack to play a game I paid
> for in an offline mode.

I admit to overstating the issue a bit. Nevertheless, even though we buy a
copy of a game, along with permission to use it in accordance with the EULA
(which we agree to when we install it), we frequently do things with that
copy which are contrary to the EULA, i.e., installing on multiple pc's,
modifying or replacing files to defeat the CD checks, etc. Now, if I
install a legally purchased copy of Doom 3 on my pc and use the same CD's to
install it with a no-cd hack on another pc, have I not violated the EULA
and, in effect, "stolen" a copy of Doom 3? I have effectively gotten
something for nothing at Id's expense.

>> I guess were just going to have to get used to this.....or take up
>> bird-watching (lots of fun, by the way).
>
> As long as the birds are the ones with hourglass figures, I'm game.

At my age, the only hourglass that concerns me is the one held by the grim
reaper. Well, maybe that's not completely true. :)

Enough ranting. Time to return to my "Fate." Very fun game, BTW.

> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

"DocScorpio" <docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> once tried to test me
with:

> I admit to overstating the issue a bit. Nevertheless, even though we
> buy a copy of a game, along with permission to use it in accordance
> with the EULA (which we agree to when we install it), we frequently do
> things with that copy which are contrary to the EULA, i.e., installing
> on multiple pc's, modifying or replacing files to defeat the CD
> checks, etc. Now, if I install a legally purchased copy of Doom 3 on
> my pc and use the same CD's to install it with a no-cd hack on another
> pc, have I not violated the EULA and, in effect, "stolen" a copy of
> Doom 3? I have effectively gotten something for nothing at Id's
> expense.

It depends. Is this your buddy's PC? And is he playing it while you're at
home playing your "copy"? Then yeah, you're stealing. But lets take a
different example. Say you have a laptop, and you install the game and nocd
hack to the laptop. Now you can play the game when you're on the road
without risking damaging the CD, and when you're at home on your desktop.
Is that stealing? IMHO, nope.

> "DocScorpio" <docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> once tried to test me
> with:
>
>> I admit to overstating the issue a bit. Nevertheless, even though we
>> buy a copy of a game, along with permission to use it in accordance
>> with the EULA (which we agree to when we install it), we frequently do
>> things with that copy which are contrary to the EULA, i.e., installing
>> on multiple pc's, modifying or replacing files to defeat the CD
>> checks, etc. Now, if I install a legally purchased copy of Doom 3 on
>> my pc and use the same CD's to install it with a no-cd hack on another
>> pc, have I not violated the EULA and, in effect, "stolen" a copy of
>> Doom 3? I have effectively gotten something for nothing at Id's
>> expense.
>
> It depends. Is this your buddy's PC? And is he playing it while you're at
> home playing your "copy"? Then yeah, you're stealing. But lets take a
> different example. Say you have a laptop, and you install the game and
> nocd
> hack to the laptop. Now you can play the game when you're on the road
> without risking damaging the CD, and when you're at home on your desktop.
> Is that stealing? IMHO, nope.
>
> --
>
> Knight37 - http://knightgames.blogspot.com
>
> Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

Good point, but doesn't that sort of leave it up to individual customers to
decide when they're stealing the game or not. For example, many gamers
might not consider it stealing, if they use a hack so that they and a family
member can play the same game at the same time....even thought they
purchased only one copy of the game. I agree that in your laptop example,
the publisher takes no harm from the customer subverting the publisher's
intent that the game run only with the CD. We need a lawyer, like Bunboy
(whatever happened to him, anyway?) to clarify this issue.

Enough of this, I want to get back to Fate. What a sweet game. It's going
to keep me up all night for sure. Glad I bought it.

"BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com> looked up from reading the entrails of

>DocScorpio wrote:
>> I guess were just going to have to get used to this.....or take up
>> bird-watching (lots of fun, by the way).
>
>Is there a demo out? I've been deer hunting lately and having a blast
>(cheap too, $10 from gamestop)

http://www.fatethegame.com/playgame.html

The demo IS the game, but you can only play the first 3 levels of the
dungeon and your character cannot level beyond 6 (can't assign the
points you get at level 7, nor any other points gained after that
point.)

Xocyll

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-06-08, Knight37 <knight37m@gmail.com> wrote:

> It depends. Is this your buddy's PC? And is he playing it while you're at
> home playing your "copy"? Then yeah, you're stealing.

What did he steal? Think very carefully about these things before
you make claims like this. Even the rabid record companies do
_not_ regard sharing music with your neighbour as stealing and
their reps have said this repeatedly in interviews.

On 8 Jun 2005 04:04:46 GMT, Knight37 wrote:

> Then yeah, you're stealing.

Doesn't stealing imply that an object changed hands? If I give you a copy
of my game, I still have my copy, and the company in the example still has
the source code and can continue to sell as many copies as their heart
desires.

M.

On 2005-06-08, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8 Jun 2005 04:04:46 GMT, Knight37 wrote:
>
>> Then yeah, you're stealing.
>
> Doesn't stealing imply that an object changed hands? If I give you a copy
> of my game, I still have my copy, and the company in the example still has
> the source code and can continue to sell as many copies as their heart
> desires.

I'm sure he also thinks picking up the newspaper in the subway
after someone left it there is stealing too.

Any medium which can be shared easily will necessarily be shared
to some extent and when society does so in mass it becomes a
right. Afterall intellectual property law is a social contract
meant to protect the same members of society who benefit from
sharing intellectual property.

Incidently I hear that libraries in the US will start carrying
computer games. I guess that's stealing too.

nostromo

Thus spake Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com>, Wed, 8 Jun 2005 02:10:17
+0200, Anno Domini:

>On 7 Jun 2005 15:37:48 -0700, Hank wrote:
>
>> Going buy there shitty protection system i'd get 6 months
>> use before i'd have to buy another copy. LOL, stuff that.
>
>You can backup your license file. It's in a folder names LicenseStores.
>Only time you have to unlock it again is when you install it on different
>hardware, not if it remains on the same computer (can use the backuped
>license file then). They'll add charges to your key if you ask them to --
>apparently with "no questions asked".
>
>Yes, I don't know what will be somewhere a few years down the road, but the
>game is under twenty bucks, and you're likely to get a few hundreds of
>hours of entertainment out of it in the next few years when WT is likely to
>be around. And who knows, if they ever cease support, they may just a
>general unlocking patch., I don't care for the system, but I pay 15 bucks
>for WoW a month and I know that I lose everything the moment I cancel my
>subscription. That's infinitely worse. :p

Agreed 100%!

>According to the developer you can remove the WT stuff after unlocking the
>game:
>
>"for the regedit savvy -
>
>Run regedit.exe
>
>Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Microsoft->Windows->Run

Can't find that exact key on my machine MVD - you haven't misquoted
perchance? URL pls?

--
A killfile is a friend for life.

Nostromo <nostromo@spamfree.net.au> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>Thus spake Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com>, Wed, 8 Jun 2005 02:10:17
>+0200, Anno Domini:
>
>>On 7 Jun 2005 15:37:48 -0700, Hank wrote:
>>
>>> Going buy there shitty protection system i'd get 6 months
>>> use before i'd have to buy another copy. LOL, stuff that.
>>
>>You can backup your license file. It's in a folder names LicenseStores.
>>Only time you have to unlock it again is when you install it on different
>>hardware, not if it remains on the same computer (can use the backuped
>>license file then). They'll add charges to your key if you ask them to --
>>apparently with "no questions asked".
>>
>>Yes, I don't know what will be somewhere a few years down the road, but the
>>game is under twenty bucks, and you're likely to get a few hundreds of
>>hours of entertainment out of it in the next few years when WT is likely to
>>be around. And who knows, if they ever cease support, they may just a
>>general unlocking patch., I don't care for the system, but I pay 15 bucks
>>for WoW a month and I know that I lose everything the moment I cancel my
>>subscription. That's infinitely worse. :p
>
>Agreed 100%!
>
>>According to the developer you can remove the WT stuff after unlocking the
>>game:
>>
>>"for the regedit savvy -
>>
>>Run regedit.exe
>>
>>Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Microsoft->Windows->Run
>
>Can't find that exact key on my machine MVD - you haven't misquoted
>perchance? URL pls?

He missed one bit, "current version"
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
Software
Microsoft
Windows
CurrentVersion
Run

Key called "Wildtangent CDA"

>>Delete any keys that have anything to do with Wildtangent
>>
>>No more background anything, no matter what.... Game should still run fine
>>though."
>>
>>(Haven't tried that, just citing.)

I have, since I remove startup type keys routinely for apps that stick
them in but never asked about it, it works just fine with the demo
version. Since the registered version is just the demo with the locks
opened, it should work just fine there too.

Xocyll

<mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:

>For instance, my level 1 character was
>fishing in the starter town and pulled up items that sold for 1,800,000

You were very, very lucky. :D

I've spent quite a while fishing, and found only 2 items that would
sell for over 1 million.

And what's with all the carrots ?

"Mark Morrison" <drdpikeuk@aol.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 20:50:51 +0200, Michael Vondung
> <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>For instance, my level 1 character was
>>fishing in the starter town and pulled up items that sold for 1,800,000
>
> You were very, very lucky. :D
>
> I've spent quite a while fishing, and found only 2 items that would
> sell for over 1 million.
>
> --
>
> Bunnies aren't just cute like everybody supposes !
> They got them hoppy legs and twitchy little noses !
> And what's with all the carrots ?
> What do they need such good eyesight for anyway ?
> Bunnies ! Bunnies ! It must be BUNNIES !

I fished for 5 minutes just after starting the game and snagged a magic axe
worth about 250K GP. This was a great find because after I leveled a couple
of time, I was able to equip it. I'm now dual-wielding it and another,
lesser magic axe (also acquired by fishing) and am on dungeon level 6 where
I'm largely unstoppable.

Xocyll wrote:
> "BuckFush" <notmyre@laddress.com>
>
>> DocScorpio wrote:
>>> I guess were just going to have to get used to this.....or take up
>>> bird-watching (lots of fun, by the way).
>>
>> Is there a demo out? I've been deer hunting lately and having a
>> blast (cheap too, $10 from gamestop)
>>
> http://www.fatethegame.com/playgame.html
>
> The demo IS the game, but you can only play the first 3 levels of the
> dungeon and your character cannot level beyond 6 (can't assign the
> points you get at level 7, nor any other points gained after that
> point.)

No, I was referring to the bird-watching game demo.

Oh wait... don't tell me you meant like, analog birds and stuff?

TRENDING THREADS