Fate: v. 1.19 patch out

Travis released a patch with lots of fixes today. Among other things, he
fixed the "big item" catches at the town fishing pond. You cad dl it (2
megs) from the fate site via the forums

http://www.fatethegame.com/

(I'd link you directly to the forum, but for some reason I can't access it
atm.)

DocScorpio wrote:

> Travis released a patch with lots of fixes today. Among other things, he
> fixed the "big item" catches at the town fishing pond. You cad dl it (2
> megs) from the fate site via the forums
>
> http://www.fatethegame.com/
>
> (I'd link you directly to the forum, but for some reason I can't access it
> atm.)

That is a good fix...I wonder what else (although I have yet to make a
big catch...the most expensive catch I've gotten was for 25,000...)

DocScorpio wrote:
> "James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > DocScorpio wrote:
> >
> >> Travis released a patch with lots of fixes today. Among other things, he
> >> fixed the "big item" catches at the town fishing pond. You cad dl it (2
> >> megs) from the fate site via the forums
> >>
> >> http://www.fatethegame.com/
> >>
> >> (I'd link you directly to the forum, but for some reason I can't access
> >> it atm.)
> >
> > That is a good fix...I wonder what else (although I have yet to make a big
> > catch...the most expensive catch I've gotten was for 25,000...)
>
> Within minutes of starting the game, the second time I dropped my line in
> the water, I snagged an enchanted axe with a resale value of 225K. I was
> able to equip it by level 3 or so. The 4th or 5th time I dropped my line, I
> got another enchanted axe.....not as good as the first one, only 25K resale.
> I thought it was some kind of a feature to give new players a bit of a
> start.

It is - it even says so in the description for fishing from the help.
The problem wasn't that you could get rare and valuable items, just
that the rate of getting such items was higher than it was for general
dungeon crawling, causing people to spend time sitting around in town
fishing even if they didn't enjoy doing so rather than enjoying the
rest of the game.

James Garvin <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote:

>DocScorpio wrote:
>
>> Travis released a patch with lots of fixes today. Among other things, he
>> fixed the "big item" catches at the town fishing pond. You cad dl it (2
>> megs) from the fate site via the forums
>>
>> http://www.fatethegame.com/
>>
>> (I'd link you directly to the forum, but for some reason I can't access it
>> atm.)
>
>That is a good fix...I wonder what else

What follows is the list of changes in the 1.19 patch -

Fixes :

* Holding the mouse and walking - when dragging mouse over inventory
panel, massive slowdown ( was pathing to a remote location )

* Crash when transforming pet WHILE selling from pet's inventory

* Fishing holes could appear on 'land' when near stairwells

* % Damage Reduced capped to 75 internally

* Too many awesome Artifacts appearing when fishing in town, causing
gold imbalance

* Fame had bad requirement values from 14 on - fixed ( this also fixes
those fame upgrade cost issues )

* MODDERS: No crash if previous pet XForm removed from monster list...

* Crash when holding a merchant's item that will not fit back into
their inventory - fixed

* Kill-The-Townsfolk exploit fixed ( crashed when killing questgivers
)

Adds :

* You can now see the real value of the next skill upgrade vs current
skill (i.e. what percentages you will be upgraded to. )

* Pets will not sell quest items when sent back to town

* Spellcasting and Dual Wield skills rebalanced - They increased too
quickly, and later points were not valuable enough

* Banish spell added for some monsters - they can banish your summoned
creatures

* Bremen's Quest description now mentions monster type, to help you in
planning

* MODDERS: Weapons/helmets/shields can now have particle spewers or
glows attached to them

* Can now turn off custom cursors in the config file so that users
experiencing slow cursor response can use the normal windows cursor.

* Bow/crossbow ranges extended

* Fish merchant now tells fish type. I give in!

* Max pet town-trip time is 2 minutes

* Scrolls can now be stacked into books ( max of 20 uses per book )

* pet base damage increased by level - level 13 timberwolf goes from
11-18 damage to 24-31 damage as an example of how this affects things

* "You didn't catch anything" message removed from fishing

* Shift-Click will move items to/from enchant/break/anvil screens

* Buying potions goes straight to quickslots first

* Monsters have only a 10% chance of targeting owners when they attack
pets, as opposed to 30% before - this should make pets/summons better
shields

* You can identify things in your stash

* MODDERS: You can now add music tracks, in the form of town50
dungeon20 etc. It will pick them up automatically and work with them.
These may also now be mp3s instead of just oggs

* BIG magic change - Magic stat now affects damage dealt by spells (
for player only ) Additionally Damage Bonus effects now apply to
magical damage as well. This should help make Attack Magic more
viable, and Magic as a whole a more satisfying investment.

* MODDERS: wielded/worn items ( weapons, shields, helms ) can now be
animated

* When 'View All Items' is toggled on, you can hold ALT to temporarily
disable it and clear all that cluttery text from the screen

* Items have a better chance of enhancing existing effects when
enchanting them, rather than always giving new ones.

"James Garvin" <jgarvin2004@comcast.net> wrote in message
> DocScorpio wrote:
>
>> Travis released a patch with lots of fixes today. Among other things, he
>> fixed the "big item" catches at the town fishing pond. You cad dl it (2
>> megs) from the fate site via the forums
>>
>> http://www.fatethegame.com/
>>
>> (I'd link you directly to the forum, but for some reason I can't access
>> it atm.)
>
> That is a good fix...I wonder what else (although I have yet to make a big
> catch...the most expensive catch I've gotten was for 25,000...)

Within minutes of starting the game, the second time I dropped my line in
the water, I snagged an enchanted axe with a resale value of 225K. I was
able to equip it by level 3 or so. The 4th or 5th time I dropped my line, I
got another enchanted axe.....not as good as the first one, only 25K resale.
I thought it was some kind of a feature to give new players a bit of a
start. I noticed that at higher levels I didn't seem to get anything as
nice as these first two items. I duel-wielded those axes almost from the
start of the game up til around level 10. Couldn't really buy or find
anything better.

In article <1118389167.537761.232900@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
velkarath@gmail.com says...

> It is - it even says so in the description for fishing from the help.
> The problem wasn't that you could get rare and valuable items, just
> that the rate of getting such items was higher than it was for general
> dungeon crawling, causing people to spend time sitting around in town
> fishing even if they didn't enjoy doing so rather than enjoying the
> rest of the game.

It's still way high in normal dungeon crawling compared to the typical
genre game, but I guess it makes a change.

- Gerry Quinn

"Velk" <velkarath@gmail.com> wrote in message

[snip]

> It is - it even says so in the description for fishing from the help.
> The problem wasn't that you could get rare and valuable items, just
> that the rate of getting such items was higher than it was for general
> dungeon crawling, causing people to spend time sitting around in town
> fishing even if they didn't enjoy doing so rather than enjoying the
> rest of the game.

You can still get good stuff, especially if you fish at deep-levels pools.
I fished on level 22 last night for an hour or so and hooked some very
high-end items. I sent my pet up to sell most of them. All I know is that
my cash went from 27K to 640K from those sales. One item, some kind of
super crossbow cannon required a "100" to even ID it. And I didn't even
sell everything; kept a high-end spear and some armor (which will replace my
current stuff, after I enchant the hell out of them). My level 13 guy was
starting to get a little uncompetitive when faced by dungeon-level 24 elite
mobs.