Sign in with
Your question

Laptop Froze During Uploading Photo

Last response: in Windows 7
June 8, 2012 7:44:43 AM

Hello,
I was uploading a photo to Facebook when my computer suddenly stopped responding. I cancelled the program and while doing so the laptop completely froze.

After shutting down the laptop the laptop loads until the "starting windows" message and then turns into the black screen of death.

No other options work including starting in safe mode and I cannot back my data to DVD R becuse windows 7 won't accept a DVD R.

How can I back up my data and get my computer working again? Thank you for your help in this matter I appreciate it.
a b D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
June 8, 2012 7:54:26 AM

if you have a full version windows os cd you should be able to boot off of it and do a windows repair or system restore if the hard drive is fine. also with booting off of the cd you should be able to copy files to a usb stick. if windows restore/repair cant fix the issue ie virus or bad hard drive you can let windows install itself it back up the damaged windows install and you should be able to go in and back up your data and then run the laptop system restore. a last hope of getting your data off would be to pull the hardd rive from the laptop and use a usb cable and see if the drive will be seen on another machine.
m
l
June 8, 2012 7:59:30 AM

Hi Smorizio,

Thank you for your reply and for your help. Unfortunately I do not have any windows os cd. I have tried windows repair and there are no errors identified.
m
l
Related resources
!