Sign in with
Your question

Help!!use easybcd and now my computer won't start

Last response: in Windows 7
June 8, 2012 7:58:33 AM

Hi all.
I try to use easybcd because i want to boot from a cd but it didn't work and my computer won't start.
what i did was i selected operating system using windows vista/7 and drive BOOT and i did make an entry of that selection as a default. under timeout option i selected boot OS default after 30 second.I did make a big mistake by making a wrong default selection on the easydcb(now i realize but its too late) and now my computer won't start. I can on it but there is no display. I can hear the fan running. What should i do? Please help me...i am desperate.

Thank you very very much....

More about : easybcd computer start

a b $ Windows 7
June 8, 2012 8:14:18 AM

go into bios and make your first boot priority as HDD just in case, see if you can get into safemode. download hirens boot cd and I think its "bootfix" you are looking to run. http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd (to run the cd you are obviously going to need to go back into bios and set the dvd/cd drive as first boot priority)
a b $ Windows 7
June 8, 2012 8:15:48 AM

i would try and use the cmos reset button or jumper. if it a jumper on the mb it say cmos_clear. with the power off on the pc you move the jumper over to the other two pins for 3-4 min. most times this will reset the cmos and bios back to factory and the pc should be able to boot. you want have to do that if you see your mb bios logo and can get into it by hitting one of the keys at power up. if you can most times it say hit f5 or a key to load factory settings that will undo anything you did.
Related resources
June 8, 2012 8:24:23 AM

mouse24 said:
go into bios and make your first boot priority as HDD just in case, see if you can get into safemode. download hirens boot cd and I think its "bootfix" you are looking to run. http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd (to run the cd you are obviously going to need to go back into bios and set the dvd/cd drive as first boot priority)

Thank you mouse24. i have check the hirens boot cd and i didn't see "bootfix". i have to select one of the prog under BOIS/CMOS tool isn't it???or?? i must say i am a bit dumb on this thing...i am still a learner...
a b $ Windows 7
June 8, 2012 8:24:25 AM

smorizio said:
i would try and use the cmos reset button or jumper. if it a jumper on the mb it say cmos_clear. with the power off on the pc you move the jumper over to the other two pins for 3-4 min. most times this will reset the cmos and bios back to factory and the pc should be able to boot. you want have to do that if you see your mb bios logo and can get into it by hitting one of the keys at power up. if you can most times it say hit f5 or a key to load factory settings that will undo anything you did.

Easybcd is a dual boot program, it doesn't really have anything to do with the bios, like grub for linux.

newbies said:
Thank you mouse24. i have check the hirens boot cd and i didn't see "bootfix". i have to select one of the prog under BOIS/CMOS tool isn't it???or?? i must say i am a bit dumb on this thing...i am still a learner...

Basically you just burn the iso to a cd (after downloading it) and run it on the comp thats having a problem. But before that I think windows repair cd will also work if you have one. Oh and no its under, MBR tools but thats just a list that tells you what comes with the cd.
June 8, 2012 8:29:44 AM

smorizio said:

Thank you smorizio. I did take the battery out for about 5 second yesterday but nothing happen(maybe not enough:)  5 seconds). maybe it didn't reset yet. where can i see the cmos reset button or jumper?? did try to look for the jumper but i guess i was not sure which one....will try to check again. will let you post...Thanks
July 11, 2012 1:35:07 PM

Thank you for the response. I managed to fixed the problem. I think it was my graphic card faulty(luckily I have two graphic card) so I connect to the other graphic card and walla...turn on....Thank you so much for the feedback mouse24 and smorizio.
!