Ethernet to coax adapter

haven888

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
I am looking for a device to adapt ethernet cable to coax so the ethernet signal could travel bidirectionally without any degradation:

ROUTER
LAN port < === ethernet cable === (adapter) %===coax cable ===% (adapter) ==== ethernet cable=== PC

Goal is to re-use existing coax that runs from basement up to attic so I don't have to pull ethernet cable.

The only thing the adapter needs to do is bring ethernet -- no TV signal -- transparently in both directions between the ROUTER and the PC, without affecting the line quality/speed.

I would like to compare several devices against each other (price, size, AC versus battery, reliability).

Grateful for recommendations/caveats. Thanks

haven888

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011
Thanks for the link.

Are there simpler adapters with a single ethernet port and a single coax port? I'll need two of these devices, one downstairs to convert the ethernet coming out of the router's LAN port to coax and another one upstairs to convert coax to ethernet so it can be connected to the NIC in the PC.

haven888

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2011

I appreciate the suggestion. Unfortunately, it's an old house and the electric is its least-modern feature.

I expected there to be a wide choice of coax-to-ethernet adapters since both have been around for a long time. I don't need to carry the multimedia signal, just the ethernet.

TRENDING THREADS