Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • NAS / RAID
  • SCSI
  • Enclosure
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
February 8, 2003 8:38:59 PM

I have a 5 Ultra160 SCSI drives that i would like to put in their on enclosure. There will be two raid setups both RAID 0. I already have a RAID controller, but i have a few questions regarding external enclosures. My questions are these:

1)Since i simply want to hook up the drives to the external connectors on the internal RAID card, i would think all i need is a SCSI enclosure and not the high dollar RAID ones.

2) Since i need two independent channels, will scsi enclosures have to connectors on the enclosure to do this.

3) I have never seen or played around with external scsi enclosures and any info on this would be greatly appreciated including suggestions on ones to buy.

Thanks,

Darius

More about : scsi raid enclosure questions

February 9, 2003 6:55:37 AM

Compgeeks sells a SCSI tower for around $80 I think, it looks like a full tower computer case and has drive bays top to bottom.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>
February 9, 2003 3:39:20 PM

you can always pick up an external cd-rom tower on ebay and use this. You will need to get some 31/2 to 5 1/4 drive adapters is all. this will give you great spacing for better cooling.

It's not what they tell you, its what they don't tell you!
!