Desktop shortcuts collection

Hello,

i have a folder which contains popcap games and named it games, then i have another folder which contains the shortcuts of the games in offline games and named it games shortcuts. now, when i try to copy these 2 folders in different drive, i cannot use the shortcuts folder because it has different location, so i need to create a different shortcuts again... is there a way that i can use the shortcuts i have made?
20 answers Last reply
More about desktop shortcuts collection
  1. anyone? more or less i have 1 hundred games, so i think it is a bit time consuming making desktop shortcuts one by one.
  2. If the folder with games is the installation folder, you don't want to move that. Most programs don't work well if you move them from the drive you had them installed at.

    If you copy the folder holding the shortcuts to another drive, that won't matter, the shortcuts will still point to the original place no matter where you move them.

    Just don't move the original installation of the games.
  3. Pyree said:



    thanks... i'm still trying to figure out if this is what i need... ^_^
  4. Hawkeye22 said:



    thanks... but i think, they only show how to fix broken shortcuts, not no automatically change the shortcuts location when moved in other drive... but i'll still try to check the others.
  5. hang-the-9 said:
    If the folder with games is the installation folder, you don't want to move that. Most programs don't work well if you move them from the drive you had them installed at.

    If you copy the folder holding the shortcuts to another drive, that won't matter, the shortcuts will still point to the original place no matter where you move them.

    Just don't move the original installation of the games.



    the folder with the games contains the games themselves, no need to install, i'm only making shortcuts of the .exe files and place it in the desktop. if i have 1 hundred games, i need to create shortcuts one by one everytime i'm going to transfer it to different drive in different pc. but if i already made a shortcuts in a folder and move the 2 folder to another drive in another pc it is easier to just copy all the shortcuts in the folder and place it in the desktop instead of making shortcuts again one by one.
  6. still can't find the solution. T_T
  7. I'm going to try that converter.
  8. thanks. i've downloaded it, i don't know if it's not working for me or i just don't know how to use it. ^_^
  9. Well, it works for me. What did you do? Did you take ownership of "System Volume Information" before you run the program?
  10. i just run shortcutupdater.exe then found 3 dropdown with drives to select.
  11. You have to first unhide your hidden folders first. Do you know how to do this?
  12. Pyree said:
    You have to first unhide your hidden folders first. Do you know how to do this?



    yes... but why do i have to unhide the folders? to show the system volume information?
  13. You need to take ownership of that folder for the program to work and that folder is hidden. After you unhide that folder, add yourself for full control of the folder.
  14. what will i do next after taking control of the system volume information?
  15. wow! it works man! thankyou very much!

    wait, just 1 question, what is the purpose of taking control of the system volume information? what's the significance?
  16. The program auto search for all shortcut files in the drive. But the system volume information is not under your control and if you run the program, then program will not be able to access that file to search for shortcut and you get "Error 2! System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'F:\System Volume Information' is denied."

    and other error.
  17. Pyree said:
    The program auto search for all shortcut files in the drive. But the system volume information is not under your control and if you run the program, then program will not be able to access that file to search for shortcut and you get "Error 2! System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'F:\System Volume Information' is denied."

    and other error.


    thank's for the info man! before taking control of the system volume information, i'm getting that error 2... thanks again...

    problem solved.
  18. You are welcome.
Ask a new question

Read More

Desktops Games Windows 7