Sign in with
Your question

Question about PC100 SDRAM

Last response: in Memory
February 8, 2003 9:51:21 PM

Hello, I have a P3 450 @ 600 Mhz, an Asus P2-99 Mobo and a 64MB stick of PC100 RAM. The RAM works fine at 133 FSB, and I have had no trouble with crashes, it stays on for days on end and some gaming. Now I realize this is an old computer, but it serves its purpose. So my question is... I just bought a 256MB stick of Kingston PC100 RAM. I was reading a few things and people were saying that PC100 RAM won't work at 133 FSB. Is this true? My 64 stick works, so will this stick work too? I dont really want to have to bring my cpu back down to 450 Mhz.

More about : question pc100 sdram

February 9, 2003 1:44:12 AM

A long as you are not overvolting the RAM too much you should be fine.

<b><font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> <font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> He's our man! If he can't do it no one can!</b>
a b } Memory
February 9, 2003 6:09:54 AM

OMG! Why? Why why why? Most PC100 is simply relabled PC133 that COST MORE. But some won't even work at 133 (yes, some PC100 is PC133 that failed testing at the higher speed). Why didn't you get PC133? Did you read the FAQ? Crucial sells PC133 Cas2 in 256MB modules with the right density for your BX chipset, they cost $43 with free second day shipping!

Crucial also sells some other modules at too high a density for the BX, which is why I suggest you use their memory selector to get the ones that work.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>
!