AT&T Wireless has net loss of customers

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

http://www.attwireless.com/press/releases/2004_releases/042004.jhtml

In the first quarter of 2004, AT&T Wireless ended with 367,000
fewer customers at the end of the quarter. Thats in spite of signing up
over 2 million new customers. That means they had a Churn of 2,367,000+
customers. Which means more than the rumored 750,000 customer a month
losses discussed earlier.
12 answers Last reply
More about wireless loss customers
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > http://www.attwireless.com/press/releases/2004_releases/042004.jhtml
    >
    > In the first quarter of 2004, AT&T Wireless ended with 367,000
    > fewer customers at the end of the quarter. Thats in spite of signing up
    > over 2 million new customers. That means they had a Churn of 2,367,000+
    > customers. Which means more than the rumored 750,000 customer a month
    > losses discussed earlier.

    And what does this have to do with the price of rice in the Sprint group ?
    This guy is a troll, he's admitted it in other groups.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <F5fhc.2344$eZ5.1527@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Wraith <nospam@philbot.org> wrote:

    > Robert M. wrote:
    >
    > > http://www.attwireless.com/press/releases/2004_releases/042004.jhtml
    > >
    > > In the first quarter of 2004, AT&T Wireless ended with 367,000
    > > fewer customers at the end of the quarter. Thats in spite of signing up
    > > over 2 million new customers. That means they had a Churn of 2,367,000+
    > > customers. Which means more than the rumored 750,000 customer a month
    > > losses discussed earlier.
    >
    > And what does this have to do with the price of rice in the Sprint group ?
    > This guy is a troll, he's admitted it in other groups.

    Posting a press release is hardly trolling except for someone afraid of
    the truth.

    And who is Wraith? Michael Arends or Bobbie Smith?

    Sprint also announced its results today. Some might like to compare.
    Sprint lost 1.3 million customers, 1 million less than AT&T WS,and had a
    net addition of 400,000. Its Churn rate was up to 2.9% /month.

    If someone knows the number of AT&T Wireless postpaid customers its
    current churn rate could be calculated.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > In article <F5fhc.2344$eZ5.1527@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Wraith <nospam@philbot.org> wrote:
    >

    > > Robert M. wrote:
    > >
    > > > http://www.attwireless.com/press/releases/2004_releases/042004.jhtml
    > > >
    > > > In the first quarter of 2004, AT&T Wireless ended with 367,000
    > > > fewer customers at the end of the quarter. Thats in spite of signing
    up
    > > > over 2 million new customers. That means they had a Churn of
    2,367,000+
    > > > customers. Which means more than the rumored 750,000 customer a month
    > > > losses discussed earlier.
    > >
    > > And what does this have to do with the price of rice in the Sprint
    group ?
    > > This guy is a troll, he's admitted it in other groups.
    >
    > Posting a press release is hardly trolling except for someone afraid of
    > the truth.
    >
    > And who is Wraith? Michael Arends or Bobbie Smith?

    Once again, more misstatements from Phillipe. He well knows full well that
    Michael is up in the Seattle area, and yours truly is from Charlotte. This
    poster, Wraith, outrider and t-hunter is from your state ... Dallas, TX to
    be precise.

    Bob ::who thinks Phillipe ... err, maybe I should just post the kill filter
    list, should move his coverage to Verizon, as he loves their service and
    coverage::

    Apply this rule after the message arrives
    Where the From line contains 'not John Rigas' or 'not at Adelphia' or
    'Robert M.' or 'Cell Merger' or 'Rob M.' or 'Robert M.' or 'A.M.' or 'Al' or
    'Alias for Smith' or 'Bernard Sharri' or 'BlueTooth Now' or 'Bob Veldrends'
    or 'Camile Cardenas' or 'Carl70015' or 'Carlos Z.' or 'CAT0NHAT' or 'Chris
    McFarland' or 'David' or 'Dennis' or 'Donald' or 'DSL GURU' or
    'Enchanter999' or 'HK' or 'J. Range' or 'James' or 'James Tullin' or 'John
    S.' or 'Jonathan' or 'Joseph' or 'Leonard' or 'LosAngelessLegal' or 'Loving
    Moonlight' or 'Matthew Lindeen' or 'Michael' or 'Milton Searlis' or 'Monday
    Cellphone' or 'not at Adelphia' or 'Not at Web TV' or 'P.' or 'P. Reality'
    or 'Patrick Bosley' or 'PHil_Real' or 'Phill.' or 'Phillipe .' or
    'Phillipe2004' or 'Posting Editor' or 'PTT ReadyLink' or 'Reginald' or
    'Renaldo' or 'Retention' or 'Richard' or 'rmarkoff@msn.com' or 'Robert' or
    'Ronald' or 'Sanyo Guy' or 'Sarah Morlan' or 'Sergei Kosonov' or 'Sprint
    Secrets' or 'Sprint Truth' or 'Sprintinator' or 'Sprintposter' or 'Stewart'
    or 'Sunday Auto' or 'Thomas Aspland' or 'Tim Harrick' or 'Weekend Sunshine'
    or 'William Bays'
    Mark it as read

    Bob
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    Bob Smith wrote:

    > You've posted here with at least two other different IDs this past week, as
    > outrider and t-hunter. Just because Phillipe does it, doesn't mean the rest
    > of us need to crawl under his slimy, trolling ID changing rock as well.
    >
    > Bob

    Problem is,
    Once he's on the run he will kill filter anyone who starts getting
    to him.
    The only way to keep the pressure up is to do as he does, in short to
    win a guerilla war you must fight a guerilla war.
    Sorry about the imposition, sincerely, but I am fed up, and I am the
    kind to actually do something about it.
    possibly if others do the same he'll straighten up or leave, one can
    only hope.
    But i am no longer going to the trouble of adding yet another id to my
    kill file only to have him change it a day later.
    Again sorry
  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In alt.cellular Wraith <nospam@philbot.org> wrote:
    > But i am no longer going to the trouble of adding yet another id to my
    > kill file only to have him change it a day later.
    > Again sorry

    Then don't do it.

    He *wants* the attention, and you're not going to drive him away by giving
    it to him, and what you're doing is just as disruptive, and we can figure out
    which ISP you're posting through and get your access terminated as easily as
    we can his.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    "Wraith" <nospam@philbot.org> wrote in message

    > Bob Smith wrote:
    >

    > > You've posted here with at least two other different IDs this past week,
    as
    > > outrider and t-hunter. Just because Phillipe does it, doesn't mean the
    rest
    > > of us need to crawl under his slimy, trolling ID changing rock as well.
    > >
    > > Bob
    >
    > Problem is,
    > Once he's on the run he will kill filter anyone who starts getting
    > to him.
    > The only way to keep the pressure up is to do as he does, in short to
    > win a guerilla war you must fight a guerilla war.
    > Sorry about the imposition, sincerely, but I am fed up, and I am the
    > kind to actually do something about it.
    > possibly if others do the same he'll straighten up or leave, one can
    > only hope.
    > But i am no longer going to the trouble of adding yet another id to my
    > kill file only to have him change it a day later.
    > Again sorry

    Not to worry. There are enough folks on this newsgroup who will correct ole
    Phillipe, when he gets caught in a lie, a misstatement, a misquote, or a
    change in IDs. He will never filter out certain parties who participate in
    this newsgroup.

    Bob
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    Steven J Sobol wrote:

    > In alt.cellular Wraith <nospam@philbot.org> wrote:
    >
    >>But i am no longer going to the trouble of adding yet another id to my
    >>kill file only to have him change it a day later.
    >>Again sorry
    >

    > Then don't do it.
    >
    > He *wants* the attention, and you're not going to drive him away by giving
    > it to him, and what you're doing is just as disruptive, and we can figure out
    > which ISP you're posting through and get your access terminated as easily as
    > we can his.

    In other words go on with things as they are ?

    No one has had his access terminated yet, maybe you like his little game ?
    If you look, you will see what has been going on has shaken him, he is
    in several post's looking nervous.
    Sorry but I don't see this reaction from anything you people have done.
    You won't ignore him, which is the best way to rid yourselves of him,
    and threaten to have my access cut for doing something about him.
    Ok, you deserve him, enjoy.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <tZghc.2549$eZ5.1364@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Wraith <nospam@philbot.org> wrote:

    > he is
    > in several post's looking nervous.

    ha. a lame attempt to intimidate me from posting about SprintPCS,
    still losing money.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <PUfhc.2417$eZ5.1591@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Wraith <nospam@philbot.org> wrote:

    > Problem is,
    > Once he's on the run he will kill filter anyone who starts getting
    > to him.
    > The only way to keep the pressure up is to do as he does, in short to
    > win a guerilla war you must fight a guerilla war.
    > Sorry about the imposition, sincerely, but I am fed up, and I am the
    > kind to actually do something about it.
    > possibly if others do the same he'll straighten up or leave, one can
    > only hope.
    > But i am no longer going to the trouble of adding yet another id to my
    > kill file only to have him change it a day later.
    > Again sorry

    Must be awful to feel the weight of wanting to be the moderator of all
    USENET and dictate who can post what.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > In article <PUfhc.2417$eZ5.1591@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Wraith <nospam@philbot.org> wrote:
    >

    >> Problem is,
    >> Once he's on the run he will kill filter anyone who starts getting
    >>to him.
    >>The only way to keep the pressure up is to do as he does, in short to
    >>win a guerilla war you must fight a guerilla war.
    >>Sorry about the imposition, sincerely, but I am fed up, and I am the
    >>kind to actually do something about it.
    >>possibly if others do the same he'll straighten up or leave, one can
    >>only hope.
    >>But i am no longer going to the trouble of adding yet another id to my
    >>kill file only to have him change it a day later.
    >>Again sorry
    >

    > Must be awful to feel the weight of wanting to be the moderator of all
    > USENET and dictate who can post what.

    Thanks for driving home my point. I'm ota here, you people deserve this guy
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.attws,alt.cellular.sprintpcs,alt.cellular (More info?)

    In article <jfhhc.2592$eZ5.1670@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Wraith <nospam@philbot.org> wrote:

    > Thanks for driving home my point. I'm ota here

    Bye Bye Michael
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    >Wraith nospam@philbot.org wrote:

    >Thanks for driving home my point. I'm ota here, you people deserve this guy

    Aw, c'mon Wraith/outrider/t-hunter, don't go...

    I've been lurking here for about three years, and in the past 6 months I've
    watched this Phyllis/Phillie idiot make an unreadable cesspool out of this NG.
    Even with the maggot's 60+ id's in my killfile, I still have to wade through
    everyone's responses to him.

    If you need to troll the worthless troll, start a new thread specifically
    targeted at Robert M Jerkoff. That way it will be easier for me to find topics
    of interest in this group.

    Thanks in advance,

    :>D

Sprint PCS Wireless At&T Internet Service Providers