Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

PRC update only on 1 of 2 phones

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
April 20, 2004 6:02:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I called Sprint (*2) and was told my phone needed an update, please hold on.
It completed normally, so I called in from my wife's identical phone and, as
has happened in the past, got no such message. I talked to a tech and was told
it was a PRL update, and they eventually flagged her phone for it, so when I
called back, it was caught and updated. Apparently, when it updates one phone
out of a set (shared minutes), it just forgets about the other(s) :-( PITA.

--
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| Brian Gordon -->briang@panix.com<-- brian.gordon at cox.net |
+ Bass: Greater Phoenix Chapter "Pride of Phoenix" SPEBSQSA Chorus +
-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

More about : prc update phones

Anonymous
April 21, 2004 2:10:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <c6435j$2qv$1@panix1.panix.com>,
briang@panix.com (Brian Gordon) wrote:

> I called Sprint (*2) and was told my phone needed an update, please hold on.
> It completed normally, so I called in from my wife's identical phone and, as
> has happened in the past, got no such message. I talked to a tech and was
> told
> it was a PRL update, and they eventually flagged her phone for it, so when I
> called back, it was caught and updated. Apparently, when it updates one
> phone
> out of a set (shared minutes), it just forgets about the other(s) :-( PITA.

Since Convergys software is billing only, which defective software is
doing that?
April 21, 2004 2:10:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-0E2E07.17104520042004@news02.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <c6435j$2qv$1@panix1.panix.com>,
> briang@panix.com (Brian Gordon) wrote:
>
> > I called Sprint (*2) and was told my phone needed an update, please hold on.
> > It completed normally, so I called in from my wife's identical phone and, as
> > has happened in the past, got no such message. I talked to a tech and was
> > told
> > it was a PRL update, and they eventually flagged her phone for it, so when I
> > called back, it was caught and updated. Apparently, when it updates one
> > phone
> > out of a set (shared minutes), it just forgets about the other(s) :-( PITA.
>
> Since Convergys software is billing only, which defective software is
> doing that?

OK, what if he spoke to someone earlier who flagged it and not his
wife's? There's only been one instance where they pushed out a PRL
over the whole system, and that was years ago. It hasn't happened
recently.

Someone flagged his phone for the update, wether it was someone in a
call center, someone in a retail store, or someone going by a list of
ESNs.

The software didn't do anything automatic until SOMEONE flagged the
account.

Don't be so quick to make accusations.
Related resources
April 21, 2004 2:10:47 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-0E2E07.17104520042004@news02.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <c6435j$2qv$1@panix1.panix.com>,
> briang@panix.com (Brian Gordon) wrote:
>
> > I called Sprint (*2) and was told my phone needed an update, please hold on.
> > It completed normally, so I called in from my wife's identical phone and, as
> > has happened in the past, got no such message. I talked to a tech and was
> > told
> > it was a PRL update, and they eventually flagged her phone for it, so when I
> > called back, it was caught and updated. Apparently, when it updates one
> > phone
> > out of a set (shared minutes), it just forgets about the other(s) :-( PITA.
>
> Since Convergys software is billing only, which defective software is
> doing that?

Also, what if hers already got the update in a previous call?
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 7:09:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

My phone always gets the automatic PRL update probably because I have a F &
C America plan. A friend with only a F & C plan always has to call in and
have the phone flagged.

Chris

"Brian Gordon" <briang@panix.com> wrote in message
news:c6435j$2qv$1@panix1.panix.com...
> I called Sprint (*2) and was told my phone needed an update, please hold
on.
> It completed normally, so I called in from my wife's identical phone and,
as
> has happened in the past, got no such message. I talked to a tech and was
told
> it was a PRL update, and they eventually flagged her phone for it, so when
I
> called back, it was caught and updated. Apparently, when it updates one
phone
> out of a set (shared minutes), it just forgets about the other(s) :-(
PITA.
>
> --
>
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
+-+
> | Brian Gordon -->briang@panix.com<-- brian.gordon at
cox.net |
> + Bass: Greater Phoenix Chapter "Pride of Phoenix" SPEBSQSA Chorus
+
> -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
-+-+-
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 7:13:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

I know that since I got a F & C America plan, new PRL's (3) have
automatically downloaded when calling *2 (on a 3588i).

Chris

"TechGeek" <pcsguy@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:7e761144.0404201839.16412e99@posting.google.com...
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
news:<rmarkoff-0E2E07.17104520042004@news02.east.earthlink.net>...
> > In article <c6435j$2qv$1@panix1.panix.com>,
> > briang@panix.com (Brian Gordon) wrote:
> >
> > > I called Sprint (*2) and was told my phone needed an update, please
hold on.
> > > It completed normally, so I called in from my wife's identical phone
and, as
> > > has happened in the past, got no such message. I talked to a tech and
was
> > > told
> > > it was a PRL update, and they eventually flagged her phone for it, so
when I
> > > called back, it was caught and updated. Apparently, when it updates
one
> > > phone
> > > out of a set (shared minutes), it just forgets about the other(s)
:-( PITA.
> >
> > Since Convergys software is billing only, which defective software is
> > doing that?
>
> OK, what if he spoke to someone earlier who flagged it and not his
> wife's? There's only been one instance where they pushed out a PRL
> over the whole system, and that was years ago. It hasn't happened
> recently.
>
> Someone flagged his phone for the update, wether it was someone in a
> call center, someone in a retail store, or someone going by a list of
> ESNs.
>
> The software didn't do anything automatic until SOMEONE flagged the
> account.
>
> Don't be so quick to make accusations.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 2:46:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <7e761144.0404201839.7700d73@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:<rmarkoff-0E2E07.17104520042004@news02.east.earthlink.net>...
> > In article <c6435j$2qv$1@panix1.panix.com>,
> > briang@panix.com (Brian Gordon) wrote:
> >
> > > I called Sprint (*2) and was told my phone needed an update, please hold
> > > on.
> > > It completed normally, so I called in from my wife's identical phone and,
> > > as
> > > has happened in the past, got no such message. I talked to a tech and
> > > was
> > > told
> > > it was a PRL update, and they eventually flagged her phone for it, so
> > > when I
> > > called back, it was caught and updated. Apparently, when it updates one
> > > phone
> > > out of a set (shared minutes), it just forgets about the other(s) :-(
> > > PITA.
> >
> > Since Convergys software is billing only, which defective software is
> > doing that?
>
> Also, what if hers already got the update in a previous call?

What if Convergys software worked?
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 2:46:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <7e761144.0404201839.16412e99@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> OK, what if he spoke to someone earlier who flagged it and not his
> wife's?

Thats not what he said.
April 21, 2004 2:46:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-C20154.05464521042004@news02.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <7e761144.0404201839.16412e99@posting.google.com>,
> pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
>
> > OK, what if he spoke to someone earlier who flagged it and not his
> > wife's?
>
> Thats not what he said.

No, he just said he called and it updated, no information about what
happened previously, no information about the version he had before or
after.

Quit being so quick to jump to accusations.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 6:49:30 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <7e761144.0404210555.7fb5f3dc@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:<rmarkoff-C20154.05464521042004@news02.east.earthlink.net>...
> > In article <7e761144.0404201839.16412e99@posting.google.com>,
> > pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
> >
> > > OK, what if he spoke to someone earlier who flagged it and not his
> > > wife's?
> >
> > Thats not what he said.
>
> No, he just said he called and it updated, no information about what
> happened previously, no information about the version he had before or
> after.
>
> Quit being so quick to jump to accusations

Quit being so quick to make excuses for SprintPCS.

He said one phone offered him an update automatically, one didnt.
April 21, 2004 6:49:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-4BC944.09492021042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <7e761144.0404210555.7fb5f3dc@posting.google.com>,
> pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
>
> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > news:<rmarkoff-C20154.05464521042004@news02.east.earthlink.net>...
> > > In article <7e761144.0404201839.16412e99@posting.google.com>,
> > > pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
> > >
> > > > OK, what if he spoke to someone earlier who flagged it and not his
> > > > wife's?
> > >
> > > Thats not what he said.
> >
> > No, he just said he called and it updated, no information about what
> > happened previously, no information about the version he had before or
> > after.
> >
> > Quit being so quick to jump to accusations
>
> Quit being so quick to make excuses for SprintPCS.
>
> He said one phone offered him an update automatically, one didnt.

And you blamed the billing software for it, when the billing software
doesn't automaticly push that out, SOMEONE (you know, a person) has to
flag the account for it. if someone flagged ONE phone but not the
other, then that would happen, and if her's already got the update,
then just his would have updated, not hers.

Sounds like the system was working fine to me.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 7:02:29 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <7Clhc.10327$4x3.1591@newssvr31.news.prodigy.com>,
"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:

> My phone always gets the automatic PRL update probably because I have a F &
> C America plan. A friend with only a F & C plan always has to call in and
> have the phone flagged.

Could be a factor in many cases.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 11:39:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <7e761144.0404211101.4f87a44a@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:<rmarkoff-4BC944.09492021042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
> > In article <7e761144.0404210555.7fb5f3dc@posting.google.com>,
> > pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
> >
> > > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > news:<rmarkoff-C20154.05464521042004@news02.east.earthlink.net>...
> > > > In article <7e761144.0404201839.16412e99@posting.google.com>,
> > > > pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > OK, what if he spoke to someone earlier who flagged it and not his
> > > > > wife's?
> > > >
> > > > Thats not what he said.
> > >
> > > No, he just said he called and it updated, no information about what
> > > happened previously, no information about the version he had before or
> > > after.
> > >
> > > Quit being so quick to jump to accusations
> >
> > Quit being so quick to make excuses for SprintPCS.
> >
> > He said one phone offered him an update automatically, one didnt.
>
> And you blamed the billing software for it, when the billing software
> doesn't automaticly push that out, SOMEONE (you know, a person) has to
> flag the account for it. if someone flagged ONE phone but not the
> other, then that would happen, and if her's already got the update,
> then just his would have updated, not hers.
>
> Sounds like the system was working fine to me.

But that is not what happened. One phone got automatic update one didn't.

and I posted at 5:10 PM CDT yesterday:

"Since Convergys software is billing only, which defective software is
doing that?"
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 7:57:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-254205.14385921042004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> But that is not what happened. One phone got automatic update one didn't.
>
>

Actually, Phill, you don't know that. You know that one phone got
*an* update. You have no basis upon which to conclude it was system-
generated, initiated by a rep, or even a fault in the system. All
you know is that a PRL update happened. Not why, or even how.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:12:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Hey Rob,
I have question, every time I dial *2 i get the "your device needs an
upgrade" message and have to sit through this. Is there something I need
to do ? this has happened 4 or 5 times, not getting it on my wife's
phone, hers is primary, so is it due to mine being add on ?
TIA

Jim
>
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:23:12 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Jim Catero" <delta.one@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:uDvjc.14876$e4.13223@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
>
>
> Hey Rob,
> I have question, every time I dial *2 i get the "your device needs an
> upgrade" message and have to sit through this. Is there something I need
> to do ? this has happened 4 or 5 times, not getting it on my wife's
> phone, hers is primary, so is it due to mine being add on ?
> TIA
>
> Jim

Jim, that message is telling you that the system recognizes you have an old
PRL on the phone, and you need to update it. It only takes a minute to
update, then after it completes, it reboots your phone.

Bob
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:28:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob Smith wrote:

> "Jim Catero" <delta.one@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:uDvjc.14876$e4.13223@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
>>
>>
>> Hey Rob,
>> I have question, every time I dial *2 i get the "your device needs an
>>upgrade" message and have to sit through this. Is there something I need
>>to do ? this has happened 4 or 5 times, not getting it on my wife's
>>phone, hers is primary, so is it due to mine being add on ?
>>TIA
>>
>>Jim
>
>
> Jim, that message is telling you that the system recognizes you have an old
> PRL on the phone, and you need to update it. It only takes a minute to
> update, then after it completes, it reboots your phone.
>
> Bob
>

I know , problem is I can allow it to do the update, and after handling
the call and it will have me o it again, doesn't matter how many times
i do it it still tells me it needs the update , maybe a problem with my
phone ?

Jim
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:38:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Jim Catero wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> I know , problem is I can allow it to do the update, and after handling
> the call and it will have me o it again, doesn't matter how many times
> i do it it still tells me it needs the update , maybe a problem with my
> phone ?

If you check your phone, does it reflect the update?

Larry
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:49:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Lawrence Glasser wrote:
> Jim Catero wrote:
>
>><snip>
>>
>>I know , problem is I can allow it to do the update, and after handling
>>the call and it will have me o it again, doesn't matter how many times
>>i do it it still tells me it needs the update , maybe a problem with my
>>phone ?
>
>
> If you check your phone, does it reflect the update?
>
> Larry

It's showing 10023 , don't remember is that the newest ?

Jim
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:57:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Jim Catero" <delta.one@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:aTvjc.14889$e4.14010@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...

<snipped>

> I know , problem is I can allow it to do the update, and after handling
> the call and it will have me o it again, doesn't matter how many times
> i do it it still tells me it needs the update , maybe a problem with my
> phone ?
>
> Jim

It might be your phone. If you have some spare time, drop by your SPCS
store, explain the problem to the tech and ask the tech to test your phone.
If it passes, then ask him to update the PRL from there. You might also ask
him to double-check the firmware to see whether you have the most updated
version.

Bob
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:59:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Jim Catero" <delta.one@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:D awjc.11836$eZ5.4382@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
>
> Lawrence Glasser wrote:
> > Jim Catero wrote:
> >
> >><snip>
> >>
> >>I know , problem is I can allow it to do the update, and after handling
> >>the call and it will have me o it again, doesn't matter how many times
> >>i do it it still tells me it needs the update , maybe a problem with my
> >>phone ?
> >
> >
> > If you check your phone, does it reflect the update?
> >
> > Larry
>
> It's showing 10023 , don't remember is that the newest ?
>
> Jim
>

Yes, it is ...

Bob
April 27, 2004 9:16:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Bob Smith wrote:

> Jim, that message is telling you that the system recognizes you have an old
> PRL on the phone, and you need to update it. It only takes a minute to
> update, then after it completes, it reboots your phone.
>
> Bob
>
>

A couple of add ons to a great post:

1) I've been told that having a poor or intermittent signal can cause a
PRL update to fail. Make sure your phone shows a strong signal.
2) Not all phones reboot. Some phones will take the update on the fly.
Some phones show an odd PRL number until their next reboot, but won't
reboot on their own. A customer of mine had an A500 do this. I think he
showed PRL 00004 or something until he rebooted.
3) If your phone is not taking the PRL update, the system will continue
to attempt the update with each call to *2. Consider taking the phone to
a Sprint Store with technician on staff. They can troubleshoot the phone
and apply the latest PRL through the cable instead of over the air.
-mike
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 9:27:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <a10a01facfc3c9e9e204d0a4ed973db0@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-254205.14385921042004
> @news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > But that is not what happened. One phone got automatic update one didn't.
> >
> >
>
> Actually, Phill, you don't know that.

Duh. I only read the post.

You are trying to twist it to apologize for a SprintPCS screwup.

hence the name apologist.
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 9:59:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <Ezwjc.14943$e4.5100@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Bob Smith wrote:
>
> > Jim, that message is telling you that the system recognizes you have an old
> > PRL on the phone, and you need to update it. It only takes a minute to
> > update, then after it completes, it reboots your phone.
> >
> > Bob
> >
> >

Fine, but why did it do it for one of his phones and not the other
identical phone?
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 10:15:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
news:rmarkoff-5124AB.12591227042004@news05.east.earthlink.net...
> In article <Ezwjc.14943$e4.5100@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
>
> > Bob Smith wrote:
> >
> > > Jim, that message is telling you that the system recognizes you have
an old
> > > PRL on the phone, and you need to update it. It only takes a minute to
> > > update, then after it completes, it reboots your phone.
> > >
> > > Bob
> > >
> > >
>
> Fine, but why did it do it for one of his phones and not the other
> identical phone?

Well troll boy, if you had read his follow up, it sounds like he needs to
get his phone needs to get checked out ... as it's showing the current PRL.

Bob
April 27, 2004 11:12:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-5124AB.12591227042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...

> > >
> > >
>
> Fine, but why did it do it for one of his phones and not the other
> identical phone?



Like I've said several times, they only get flagged if someone goes in
and flags (manually) each individual number.

If you have 5 lines on your account, and one gets flagged, only one
will get he automatic update, if two are flagged, then only two will
get it.

If I flag two, and one calls right away but the other doesn't for a
few days, then the only the second will get updated the few days later
(since the first one was already updated).

It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the billing system, someone (a
person) has to go into the account and select the 'Needs preferred
roaming list update" flag, it is not automatic, unless they flag an
update for every handset, which has only happened once about 2 years
ago.
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 6:57:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <7e761144.0404271812.2b6d06f8@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:<rmarkoff-5124AB.12591227042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
>
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> > Fine, but why did it do it for one of his phones and not the other
> > identical phone?
>
>
>
> Like I've said several times, they only get flagged if someone goes in
> and flags (manually) each individual number.

But he reported one was updated with him doing nothing.
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 7:40:46 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

It's happened to me 3 times as well.
I just stopped doing it. It has the latest PRL as well.
Weird.

Scotty


"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:biwjc.11848$eZ5.9617@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> "Jim Catero" <delta.one@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:aTvjc.14889$e4.14010@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
>
> <snipped>
>
> > I know , problem is I can allow it to do the update, and after handling
> > the call and it will have me o it again, doesn't matter how many times
> > i do it it still tells me it needs the update , maybe a problem with my
> > phone ?
> >
> > Jim
>
> It might be your phone. If you have some spare time, drop by your SPCS
> store, explain the problem to the tech and ask the tech to test your
phone.
> If it passes, then ask him to update the PRL from there. You might also
ask
> him to double-check the firmware to see whether you have the most updated
> version.
>
> Bob
>
>
April 28, 2004 9:22:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-03ACDC.21572327042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
>
> But he reported one was updated with him doing nothing.

Maybe someone flagged it with a previous call.
Maybe someone in a store flagged it while he was there.
Maybe both accounts were flagged previously and his wife got it first.

Some reps just flag the account, it's as simple as going into a menu
and checking off a box. They flag it, next time you call *2, ir's
updated.

What if his wife called earlier and they flagged both, told her to
call right back for the update, and she didn't tell him?
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 6:01:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <7e761144.0404280422.767508c3@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:<rmarkoff-03ACDC.21572327042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
> >
> > But he reported one was updated with him doing nothing.
>
> Maybe someone flagged it with a previous call.

He didnt report calling and asking for that. One of 2 phones got a PRL
update out of the blue.

You are working REAL HARD inventing maybes.
Anonymous
April 28, 2004 6:13:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
news:rmarkoff-EB1FC8.09014428042004@news05.east.earthlink.net...
> In article <7e761144.0404280422.767508c3@posting.google.com>,
> pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
>
> > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > news:<rmarkoff-03ACDC.21572327042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
> > >
> > > But he reported one was updated with him doing nothing.
> >
> > Maybe someone flagged it with a previous call.
>
> He didnt report calling and asking for that. One of 2 phones got a PRL
> update out of the blue.
>
> You are working REAL HARD inventing maybes.

No, it did not "update out of the blue". The OP in this thread, has only had
one post and he said -

"I called Sprint (*2) and was told my phone needed an update, please hold
on.
It completed normally, so I called in from my wife's identical phone and, as
has happened in the past, got no such message. I talked to a tech and was
told
it was a PRL update, and they eventually flagged her phone for it, so when I
called back, it was caught and updated. Apparently, when it updates one
phone
out of a set (shared minutes), it just forgets about the other(s) :-(
PITA."

He doesn't say squat about any details on models on phones (save that they
are identical). He doesn't say that he bought the phones at the same time.
He doesn't say what the signal strength was for his wife's phone, when he
called in. He doesn't say what PRL's were loaded up on either phone to begin
with. Basically, he doesn't say much at all.

Then you come in with a bogus reply, talking about Convergys ... which has
nothing to do with the OP's comments.

Bob
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 1:39:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-983D91.12275727042004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> Duh. I only read the post.
>

As you've proven in the past, Phill, what you claim a post says, and
what it actually says, rarely match. So the act of reading means
nothing when it comes to you.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 1:55:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <4bfb5f0927f47da1892c5b222a03ac40@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-983D91.12275727042004
> @news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > Duh. I only read the post.
> >
>
> As you've proven in the past, Phill, what you claim a post says, and
> what it actually says, rarely match. So the act of reading means
> nothing when it comes to you.

Liar. try reading the post instead of arguing.

Out of the blue one of 2 phones got a PRL update, and SprintPCS
employees bend over backwards making up excuses.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 11:39:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-E2F389.16552629042004
@news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> Out of the blue one of 2 phones got a PRL update, and SprintPCS
> employees bend over backwards making up excuses.
>

How is that a screwup? Is it not even *possible* there was a
conscious decision to provide the PRL update to one phone?

Obviously not, in your biased view.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 2:00:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <58cfa06b7f85f744725a9478d922e000@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-E2F389.16552629042004
> @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > Out of the blue one of 2 phones got a PRL update, and SprintPCS
> > employees bend over backwards making up excuses.
> >
>
> How is that a screwup? Is it not even *possible* there was a
> conscious decision to provide the PRL update to one phone?
>
> Obviously not, in your biased view.

READ the OP. Two identical phones on one plan. One got a PRL update with
no user intervention, one didn't.

But of course in your biased view nothing SprintPCS does is ever wrong.

By the way, did you get a bonus of 30x your salary like Lauer did?

And a bonus for what ? :

Churn is Up
SprintPCS is still a money losing company
SprintPCS is a WLNP loser.
!