Fate: Well, here's a bummer

I guess it was in front of me all the time, but I didn't catch on to this
till I killed the chief foozle and attempted to start a new game with the
same character at a higher difficulty level. Unless I'm missing something,
you can't do it as you can in D2. If you want to go through at a higher
difficulty level, you've got to start a new char or an "heir."

DocScorpio wrote:
> I guess it was in front of me all the time, but I didn't catch on to this
> till I killed the chief foozle and attempted to start a new game with the
> same character at a higher difficulty level. Unless I'm missing something,
> you can't do it as you can in D2. If you want to go through at a higher
> difficulty level, you've got to start a new char or an "heir."

Currently, that's correct. A lot of people want this feature though, so
go pester Travis on the WT forums and maybe he'll cave in :)

--
Remove the mess to reply.

"Cataleptic" <cat.the.mess@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> DocScorpio wrote:
>> I guess it was in front of me all the time, but I didn't catch on to this
>> till I killed the chief foozle and attempted to start a new game with the
>> same character at a higher difficulty level. Unless I'm missing
>> something, you can't do it as you can in D2. If you want to go through
>> at a higher difficulty level, you've got to start a new char or an
>> "heir."
>
> Currently, that's correct. A lot of people want this feature though, so go
> pester Travis on the WT forums and maybe he'll cave in :)
>
> --
> Remove the mess to reply.

Well, maybe it's not such a big deal. I started a Legend-level heir and had
him running around level 1 killing things with just his starter hatchet. It
didn't seem much more difficult than killing them on Adventurer level.
Sure, I don't have all my cherried-up equipment, but isn't the Legend-level
equipment so much better that I will have discarded old stuff anyway by the
time I get to high-level.

The only real question is should I pass on my final super-spear to my
heir....which he'll have to wait till he's high-level before he can use
(when even better stuff might be available on Legend), or should I pass on a
super-enchanted low-level spear..which he'll be able to use after leveling
up just a few times. I created this spear by using 6 million gp worth of
repeat enchanting on it before I retired my Adventurer-level character (got
both the saves set aside).

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:22:49 GMT, "DocScorpio"
<docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> wrote:

>The only real question is should I pass on my final super-spear to my
>heir....which he'll have to wait till he's high-level before he can use
>(when even better stuff might be available on Legend), or should I pass on a
>super-enchanted low-level spear..which he'll be able to use after leveling
>up just a few times. I created this spear by using 6 million gp worth of
>repeat enchanting on it before I retired my Adventurer-level character (got
>both the saves set aside).

Consider passing on as highly-enchanted a ring as you can lay your hands
on - rings have no prerequisites, and most effects are useful for both
at high and low-level characters. I just bought lots of rings and
necklaces, and kept enchanting until I got one with at least 10 good
powers and no bad ones. Try to get one with Reduced Requirements on it,
as that would be most useful to a starting character.
--
Greg Johnson
Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

"Greg Johnson" <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 06:22:49 GMT, "DocScorpio"
> <docscorpio@strupra-spammeros.com> wrote:

[snip]

> Consider passing on as highly-enchanted a ring as you can lay your hands
> on - rings have no prerequisites, and most effects are useful for both
> at high and low-level characters. I just bought lots of rings and
> necklaces, and kept enchanting until I got one with at least 10 good
> powers and no bad ones. Try to get one with Reduced Requirements on it,
> as that would be most useful to a starting character.
> --
> Greg Johnson
> Give your child mental blocks for Christmas.

Yeah, after I posted, I realized that I wasn't thinking clearly at all about
handing an item down. I've begun enchanting a super amulet for my heir.