From: O/Siris (0srs@sprntpcs.cm)
Subject: Re: Plan Upgrade
Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Date: 2004-03-23 02:13:36 PST

In article <Egh6c.27332$%06.23835
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Bob
Smithusirsclt No Spam @earthlink.net says...
> I checked it both ways, as a new customer, or as a current customer for m y
> zip code for the $65/mo. plan. As a new customer, I could select not goin g
> on an AA by paying $10 more a month.
>
> As a current customer, and changing plans through my manage page, there w as
> no comment about needing to extend my AA, unless I was going to take the
> 7:00 N & W option.
>
> Bob

This has been a *very* interesting question. And I wonder
just how much this newsgroup spawned this little debate. I
had a woman challenge me on this tonight. So I had the
PERFECT opportunity to find out, once and for all. And,
wouldn't you know? I found out. Much to my chagrin:

I found the following question answered in our procedures
database:
"Can an existing Individual Purchased customer swap service
plans without needing to renew their contract?
Impact of Service Plan swaps to Contract Plans on
Individual Purchased accounts.
LOBs: Business Services"

Now, this is, once again, specifying Business Accounts.
Still, I would imagine, in this case, that Consumer
Accounts are much the same. And the answer?

It turns out that a plan change does not require a new
Advantage Agreement if 3 conditions all prove true:

1. The customer is eligible for the new service plan,
AND
2. The new plan is in the same family of plans as the
existing service plan (for example, switching from one Free
and Clear service plan to another Free and Clear plan), AND
3. The new plan does not require the current service
contract to be renewed. See related solutions for the
specific plan the customer wants to switch to for details.

That "family of plans" condition seems to me to be the most
complicated condition. Remember when F&CA was sold as its
own family? Now moving to a plan where it's just an add-on
means renewing the Advantage Agreement.

Anyway, complications aside, I was wrong. I guess I've
been able to get away with justifying the new agreements
all this time. Like 2 year Advantage Agreements for the
7PM option, or PCS2PCS. Stuff like that. This woman
tonight wanted none of that, and she was right.
66 answers Last reply
More about siris confessed

    rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
    <<Here is where O/siris confessed to giving out 2 year Advantage
    Agreements improperly forever up until March 23. (snip) >>

    Sounds like Robert M. has a thing for O/Siris.

    Robert M. wrote:
    > Here is where O/siris confessed to giving out 2 year Advantage
    > Agreements improperly forever up until March 23.
    >
    > Now he denies ever saying it, and calls anyone who points out
    > this post a LIAR. he remains an embarressment to SprintPCS

    Alright. So, he was wrong and he admitted to it in the newsgroup. I get
    the feeling that this is important from the way you posted it. I'm not
    too worked up. What should I and the rest of the newsgroup do about it?

    Sitting at the edge of my seat,
    -mike

    Everybody know Philly has painted a bull's-eye on his back as one of the
    Sprint 'apologists'. But, when will Philly ever admit he made a mistake?
    Every original post by him is one because he never puts the whole story,
    just puts in a tidbit to cause trouble. He never responds to me when I show
    him the error of his ways and include the excerpted info.

    Chris

    In article <%Ythc.3358$eZ5.243@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Robert M. wrote:
    > > Here is where O/siris confessed to giving out 2 year Advantage
    > > Agreements improperly forever up until March 23.
    > >
    > > Now he denies ever saying it, and calls anyone who points out
    > > this post a LIAR. he remains an embarressment to SprintPCS
    > >

    > Alright. So, he was wrong and he admitted to it in the newsgroup. I get
    > the feeling that this is important from the way you posted it. I'm not
    > too worked up. What should I and the rest of the newsgroup do about it?

    Well he denies it now, and calls me a liar for having mentioned it.
    It demonstrates his credibility is suspect.

    I backup what I say with URLs.

    In article <1Uvhc.5158$e4.4390@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > What should I and the rest of the newsgroup do about it?

    Not asking you to do anything. "O" asked me to prove he had said he was
    wrong about giving 2 year contracts to everyone, and I posted the proof.

    In article <cMvhc.98$5d5.73@newssvr16.news.prodigy.com>,
    "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:

    > Every original post by him is one because he never puts the whole story,

    Total nonsense. I post supporting information. URLs, prior Google posts.

    It's just the blind Sprint apologists who get bent out of shape my
    telling

    SprintPCS' worst rated customer Service
    SprintPCS "Handle Time" requirements for CSRs
    SprintPCS Upsell quotas for CSRs
    SprintPCS secret Retention deals
    SprintPCS secret warranty support (ie. A500, Samsung 8500)
    SprintPCS as a money losing organization
    SprintPCS and its high churn rate
    SprintPCS failing to release WLNP comparitive numbers
    SprintPCS now refusing to release $$ cost of new customer acquisition.

    Then the apologists want to divert attention from SprintPCS short
    comings and attack me.

    Robert M. wrote:

    > Total nonsense. I post supporting information. URLs, prior Google posts.
    >
    > It's just the blind Sprint apologists who get bent out of shape my
    > telling
    >
    > SprintPCS' worst rated customer Service

    My personal experience has been good, and some call centers have started
    ending calls with the question "Have I resolved all your issues in a
    satisfactoy manner today?" This has the double bonus of saving a call
    gone bad and giving the reps an almost constant stream of actual
    positive feedback, thereby reducing the number of people that *hate*
    their job and have a bad attitude.

    > SprintPCS "Handle Time" requirements for CSRs

    I'd like to see one of your URLs on this. From what I can tell, if there
    is a handle time requirement, it's either greater than six minutes (the
    number I've seen you post before) or it's based on average call times,
    not per call times.

    > SprintPCS Upsell quotas for CSRs

    No doubt they have an incentive to sell. Just say either yes or no and
    move on. I've not had a pushy sales person, though I have been asked to
    get Sprint home long distance a couple of times a day when I've had a
    complex issue. I tell them that I don't have a landline, and that my
    SprintPCS phone does quite well for me. They're happy, I'm happy, we
    move on.

    > SprintPCS secret Retention deals

    They're not secret. They're also not advertised. That's because they're
    retention deals. Just like Wal-Mart has a budget for theft and damaged
    product, Sprint has a budget for dropped call credits and retension
    deals. They watch the numbers on these deals and tune them constantly so
    they can maintain the right balance of profitability and "stop-loss" on
    these accounts. They'll often take a reduced profit if they know the
    customer has a good payment history and they can get a contract renewal
    without having to give away a handset.

    > SprintPCS secret warranty support (ie. A500, Samsung 8500)

    I don't see what's so bad about Sprint replacing a handset they can't
    fix, even if their only obligation is to fix the handset. I don't see
    what's wrong with them giving a new handset of a different make or model
    to a consumer because replacing with the same make or model isn't
    bringing resolution.

    > SprintPCS as a money losing organization

    They're wrapping up the main phase of their build out. Many companies
    make profits quickly, others don't. For wireless, it's not unusual to
    see losses. As a subscriber, it's not my problem anyway, though I could
    see how an investor would care.

    > SprintPCS and its high churn rate
    > SprintPCS failing to release WLNP comparitive numbers
    > SprintPCS now refusing to release $$ cost of new customer acquisition.

    Not going to comment on these - not an investor, and therefore I
    personally don't care. I could see that an investor would care, however.

    > Then the apologists want to divert attention from SprintPCS short
    > comings and attack me.

    I don't care to attack you, but the implications of your points are not
    very clear. In sales, I could say you're talking features and not
    benefits. One point from above, in demonstration:

    *Why should I care that SprintPCS has call handling quotas?* Keep in
    mind that this newsgroup is occupied almost exclusively by Sprint
    subscribers. Not simple subscribers, mind you, but SprintPCS nerds. I
    imagine the average subscriber calls Customer Care once to an a.c.s
    poster's ten calls. That means that if you tell them that there are very
    strict quotas for CSRs and most of the newsgroup has had a twenty minute
    conversation with a rep within the last month, you're credibility is at
    issue.

    Just take each of your arguements about Sprint PCS and answer the simple
    question: So what?

    So, why should I take your information at heart when it contradicts my
    experience?
    -mike
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    spamtrap@zbuffer.com (Mike) wrote:
    <<Keep in mind that this newsgroup is occupied almost exclusively by
    Sprint subscribers. Not simple subscribers, mind you, but SprintPCS
    nerds. >>

    Hey, who do you think you are calling me a nerd?! I haven't been called
    a nerd since... Sunday when I was price matching Best Buy/Circuit City
    ads from the morning paper. LOL

    Sorry, just LOL anytime I see the word "nerd". It has to be the
    funniest one-word insult of the 80s. :)

    Eric
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Robert M. wrote:
    >
    > > Total nonsense. I post supporting information. URLs, prior Google posts.
    > >
    > > It's just the blind Sprint apologists who get bent out of shape my
    > > telling
    > >
    > > SprintPCS' worst rated customer Service
    >
    > My personal experience has been good

    I'm very happy for you, but one experience does not explain well over 1
    million folks leaving SprintPCS in the last quarter.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
    <<I'm very happy for you, but one experience does not explain well over
    1 million folks leaving SprintPCS in the last quarter. >>

    No, but it does support the theory that not *everyone* has horrible
    customer service experiences like you would like to believe. As with
    any company, the ones who have had a negative experience are much more
    vocal than the ones who have not, and you never acknowledge the
    possibility that many folks do not have the same problems with Sprint
    that you do.

    And, if Sprint PCS were to improve its Customer Service rating as you
    have said you'd like to see... why constantly shoot down people who post
    positive things?

    Eric
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > > SprintPCS secret Retention deals
    >
    > They're not secret. They're also not advertised

    Duhh. Then they are secret.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > > SprintPCS secret warranty support (ie. A500, Samsung 8500)
    >
    > I don't see what's so bad about Sprint replacing a handset they can't
    > fix, even if their only obligation is to fix the handset. I don't see
    > what's wrong with them giving a new handset of a different make or model
    > to a consumer because replacing with the same make or model isn't
    > bringing resolution.

    Thats not the issue, but you know that. The issue is phones that should
    be recalled aren't.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > > SprintPCS and its high churn rate
    > > SprintPCS failing to release WLNP comparitive numbers
    > > SprintPCS now refusing to release $$ cost of new customer acquisition.
    >
    > Not going to comment on these - not an investor, and therefore I
    > personally don't care. I could see that an investor would care, however.

    Thank you. I rest my case
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:
    > In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >

    >>>SprintPCS secret Retention deals
    >>
    >>They're not secret. They're also not advertised
    >

    > Duhh. Then they are secret.

    "Advertised" is not the opposite of "secret."
    -mike
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >

    >>>SprintPCS secret warranty support (ie. A500, Samsung 8500)
    >>
    >>I don't see what's so bad about Sprint replacing a handset they can't
    >>fix, even if their only obligation is to fix the handset. I don't see
    >>what's wrong with them giving a new handset of a different make or model
    >>to a consumer because replacing with the same make or model isn't
    >>bringing resolution.
    >

    > Thats not the issue, but you know that. The issue is phones that should
    > be recalled aren't.

    I'm not certain that your issue is more "the issue" than mine. What is
    the standard for determining the need to recall a mobile phone?
    -mike
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >

    >>>SprintPCS and its high churn rate
    >>>SprintPCS failing to release WLNP comparitive numbers
    >>>SprintPCS now refusing to release $$ cost of new customer acquisition.
    >>
    >>Not going to comment on these - not an investor, and therefore I
    >>personally don't care. I could see that an investor would care, however.
    >

    > Thank you. I rest my case

    What was your case again?
    -mike
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <xFxhc.5324$e4.1726@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Robert M. wrote:

    > >>I don't see what's so bad about Sprint replacing a handset they can't
    > >>fix, even if their only obligation is to fix the handset. I don't see
    > >>what's wrong with them giving a new handset of a different make or model
    > >>to a consumer because replacing with the same make or model isn't
    > >>bringing resolution.
    > >

    > > Thats not the issue, but you know that. The issue is phones that should
    > > be recalled aren't.
    >
    > I'm not certain that your issue is more "the issue" than mine. What is
    > the standard for determining the need to recall a mobile phone?

    If it can't do analog calling, but is sold as being able to, then if one
    has an emergency inand needs to use Analog, tragic things could happen.

    That is the exact issue with the Samsung 8500
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <pCxhc.5321$e4.473@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Robert M. wrote:

    > >>They're not secret. They're also not advertised
    > >

    > > Duhh. Then they are secret.
    >
    > "Advertised" is not the opposite of "secret."

    But unadvertised is the same as secret for most SprintPCS customers.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Robert M. wrote:
    >>

    >>>Total nonsense. I post supporting information. URLs, prior Google posts.
    >>>
    >>>It's just the blind Sprint apologists who get bent out of shape my
    >>>telling
    >>>
    >>>SprintPCS' worst rated customer Service
    >>
    >>My personal experience has been good
    >

    > I'm very happy for you, but one experience does not explain well over 1
    > million folks leaving SprintPCS in the last quarter.

    Well, you're changing the subject here, but okay. Now that I know that 1
    million folks left SprintPCS in the last quarter, I should immediately
    <blank>.

    Fill in the blank.
    -mike
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > In article <pCxhc.5321$e4.473@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Robert M. wrote:

    >>>Duhh. Then they are secret.
    >>
    >>"Advertised" is not the opposite of "secret."
    >

    > But unadvertised is the same as secret for most SprintPCS customers.

    So, what should those that read your posts do, now that they know that
    Sprint PCS has non-secret retention deals? Should we leave Sprint
    because they're so sinister for having these non-secret deals? Granted,
    it's good to know that savings are available, but your posts make these
    deals sound like some shady dealings by an underhanded wireless
    provider. I sure think you have a cause, because each time you mention
    these things, you write them as if they're important, but I just can't
    understand what the big deal is.
    -mike
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Eric wrote:

    > spamtrap@zbuffer.com (Mike) wrote:
    > <<Keep in mind that this newsgroup is occupied almost exclusively by
    > Sprint subscribers. Not simple subscribers, mind you, but SprintPCS
    > nerds. >>
    >
    > Hey, who do you think you are calling me a nerd?! I haven't been called
    > a nerd since... Sunday when I was price matching Best Buy/Circuit City
    > ads from the morning paper. LOL
    >
    > Sorry, just LOL anytime I see the word "nerd". It has to be the
    > funniest one-word insult of the 80s. :)
    >
    > Eric

    HaHa! (snort)

    (Pushes glasses up)
    -mike
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > In article <xFxhc.5324$e4.1726@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Robert M. wrote:

    >>>Thats not the issue, but you know that. The issue is phones that should
    >>>be recalled aren't.
    >>
    >>I'm not certain that your issue is more "the issue" than mine. What is
    >>the standard for determining the need to recall a mobile phone?
    >

    > If it can't do analog calling, but is sold as being able to, then if one
    > has an emergency inand needs to use Analog, tragic things could happen.
    >
    > That is the exact issue with the Samsung 8500

    What is the standard for determining the need to recall a mobile phone?
    -mike
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >
    > > > SprintPCS secret Retention deals
    > >
    > > They're not secret. They're also not advertised
    >
    > Duhh. Then they are secret.

    They are not secret. The information is not readily made available by the
    company, as not everyone can qualify for them, whether it be the length of
    time with SPCS, the size of their account, their payment history, or the age
    of their phones.

    Bob
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <3Dwhc.5180$e4.3251@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >
    > > > SprintPCS and its high churn rate
    > > > SprintPCS failing to release WLNP comparitive numbers
    > > > SprintPCS now refusing to release $$ cost of new customer acquisition.
    > >
    > > Not going to comment on these - not an investor, and therefore I
    > > personally don't care. I could see that an investor would care, however.
    >
    > Thank you. I rest my case

    You rest your case? WTF is that suppose to mean?

    Bob
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Mike wrote:

    > Eric wrote:
    >
    > > spamtrap@zbuffer.com (Mike) wrote:
    > > <<Keep in mind that this newsgroup is occupied almost exclusively by
    > > Sprint subscribers. Not simple subscribers, mind you, but SprintPCS
    > > nerds. >>
    > >
    > > Hey, who do you think you are calling me a nerd?! I haven't been called
    > > a nerd since... Sunday when I was price matching Best Buy/Circuit City
    > > ads from the morning paper. LOL
    > >
    > > Sorry, just LOL anytime I see the word "nerd". It has to be the
    > > funniest one-word insult of the 80s. :)
    > >
    > > Eric
    > >

    > HaHa! (snort)
    >
    > (Pushes glasses up)

    Not just "glasses," but glasses with white tape holding the bridge together! <g>

    Larry
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > In article <1Uvhc.5158$e4.4390@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >

    >>What should I and the rest of the newsgroup do about it?
    >

    > Not asking you to do anything. "O" asked me to prove he had said he was
    > wrong about giving 2 year contracts to everyone, and I posted the proof.

    Okay. I won't do anything about a person who provides this newsgroup
    with tons of information about SprintPCS and their policies and has a
    record of readily admitting to his mistakes.

    "Embarassment to SprintPCS" is a little insulting though. I mean, I know
    Rob has a life beyond Sprint, but he probably takes pride in his work. I
    also know you mean it in jest, but some people might get a little ruffled.

    -mike
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <H3yhc.5356$e4.1155@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Granted,
    > it's good to know that savings are available

    Well thank you. You just validated my posting the Retention FAQ, which I
    shall continue to do.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <Mdyhc.5375$e4.5059@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Robert M. wrote:
    >
    > > In article <xFxhc.5324$e4.1726@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > >>I'm not certain that your issue is more "the issue" than mine. What is
    > >>the standard for determining the need to recall a mobile phone?
    > >

    > > If it can't do analog calling, but is sold as being able to, then if one
    > > has an emergency inand needs to use Analog, tragic things could happen.
    > >
    > > That is the exact issue with the Samsung 8500
    >
    > What is the standard for determining the need to recall a mobile phone?

    Apparently by SprintPCS, never do it.
  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <pCxhc.5321$e4.473@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Robert M. wrote:

    > > > Duhh. Then they are secret.
    > >
    > > "Advertised" is not the opposite of "secret."
    >
    > But unadvertised is the same as secret for most SprintPCS customers.

    No, it isn't. Say, considering you have an problem with posting your name
    and email address, why don't you post that information, instead of hiding
    behind 65 different identities?

    Bob
  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > In article <H3yhc.5356$e4.1155@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >

    >>Granted,
    >>it's good to know that savings are available
    >

    > Well thank you. You just validated my posting the Retention FAQ, which I
    > shall continue to do.

    So, do you agree that there is nothing sinister about Sprint not
    publishing the availability of retention plans? I would assume as much,
    as you failed to address them in your response.
    -mike
  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
    > Robert M. wrote:
    >
    > > In article <pCxhc.5321$e4.473@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > >>"Advertised" is not the opposite of "secret."
    > >

    > > But unadvertised is the same as secret for most SprintPCS customers.
    >
    > So, what should those that read your posts do, now that they know that
    > Sprint PCS has non-secret retention deals? Should we leave Sprint
    > because they're so sinister for having these non-secret deals? Granted,
    > it's good to know that savings are available, but your posts make these
    > deals sound like some shady dealings by an underhanded wireless
    > provider. I sure think you have a cause, because each time you mention
    > these things, you write them as if they're important, but I just can't
    > understand what the big deal is.
    > -mike

    Don't ask reasonable questions to Phillipe Mike ... He won't provide
    reasonable answers ...

    Bob
  33. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > Robert M. wrote:
    >
    > > In article <1Uvhc.5158$e4.4390@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    > >

    > >>What should I and the rest of the newsgroup do about it?
    > >

    > > Not asking you to do anything. "O" asked me to prove he had said he was
    > > wrong about giving 2 year contracts to everyone, and I posted the proof.
    >
    > Okay. I won't do anything about a person who provides this newsgroup
    > with tons of information about SprintPCS and their policies and has a
    > record of readily admitting to his mistakes.
    >
    > "Embarassment to SprintPCS" is a little insulting though. I mean, I know
    > Rob has a life beyond Sprint, but he probably takes pride in his work. I
    > also know you mean it in jest, but some people might get a little
    ruffled.

    > -mike

    I don't believe does do in jest. I believe he has a personal hard-on for
    attacking Rob on any and everything ...

    Bob
  34. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Bob Smith wrote:

    > Don't ask reasonable questions to Phillipe Mike ... He won't provide
    > reasonable answers ...
    >
    > Bob

    Because his reply was written in such a way that he only addressed the
    savings related to retention plans, ignoring the rest of my post, I
    suspect he's only interested in eligible SprintPCS subscribers saving money.

    I think he just assigns this secret cloak and dagger thing to make the
    retension plans seem more "spicy."

    He doesn't seem to think that there's anything underhanded about Sprint
    offering these unpublished plans to retain valued customers.
    -mike
  35. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Bob Smith wrote:

    > I don't believe does do in jest. I believe he has a personal hard-on for
    > attacking Rob on any and everything ...
    >
    > Bob

    I'd be very disappointed in him were that the case. I prefer to think
    that Rob and Robert M. enjoy their debates. Otherwise, why would they
    get so personal over something as minor as a cell phone?
    -mike
  36. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > Apparently by SprintPCS, never do it.

    I see.
    -mike
  37. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <zuyhc.5394$e4.2206@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > He doesn't seem to think that there's anything underhanded about Sprint
    > offering these unpublished plans to retain valued customers.

    Only in the secrecy surrounding them.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <umyhc.5386$e4.680@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Robert M. wrote:
    >
    > > In article <H3yhc.5356$e4.1155@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    > >

    > >>Granted,
    > >>it's good to know that savings are available
    > >

    > > Well thank you. You just validated my posting the Retention FAQ, which I
    > > shall continue to do.
    >
    > So, do you agree that there is nothing sinister about Sprint not
    > publishing the availability of retention plans? I would assume as much,
    > as you failed to address them in your response.
    > -mike

    ReRead the FAQ. That point is explictly discussed.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:
    > Only in the secrecy surrounding them.
    As you'll recall, we've established that there is no secrecy.
    -mike
  40. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <Fiyhc.5382$e4.3866@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Okay. I won't do anything about a person who provides this newsgroup
    > with tons of information about SprintPCS and their policies and has a
    > record of readily admitting to his mistakes.
    >
    > "Embarassment to SprintPCS" is a little insulting though. I mean, I know
    > Rob has a life beyond Sprint, but he probably takes pride in his work. I
    > also know you mean it in jest, but some people might get a little ruffled.

    I get ruffled when he calls anyone who disagrees with him a LIAR.

    I think that fully earns him the title

    embarressment of SprintPCS.

    He called me al liar for pointing out he had confessed to incorrectly
    giving folks a 2 year contract. Thus I posted his post. he and a couple
    of others are so quick to apologize for SprintPCS, they get bent out of
    shape when I happen to have enough of a memory to know they are
    contradicting themselves.

    - What me know about the A500?

    - What me give folks 2 year Agreements when I shouldn't?

    - What me admit we call all cracked screens "Customer abuse"?

    and in each case Google quickly calls up the post so saying, and when
    caught in a lie, then they start with the obscenities/insults/name
    calling, etc.
  41. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <2yyhc.5398$e4.3576@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Bob Smith wrote:
    >

    > > I don't believe does do in jest. I believe he has a personal hard-on for
    > > attacking Rob on any and everything ...
    > >
    > > Bob
    >
    > I'd be very disappointed in him were that the case. I prefer to think
    > that Rob and Robert M. enjoy their debates. Otherwise, why would they
    > get so personal over something as minor as a cell phone?

    I basically see Rob as overly loyal to his employer. He would get called
    on incorrect posts for his former employer also.
  42. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote:

    > I basically see Rob as overly loyal to his employer. He would get called
    > on incorrect posts for his former employer also.

    Oh, really. And who would this former employer be, and can you give Message-IDs
    that we can look up on Google?

    **SJ "Not holding my breath for an answer" S

  43. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > Bob Smith wrote:
    >

    > > I don't believe does do in jest. I believe he has a personal hard-on for
    > > attacking Rob on any and everything ...
    > >
    > > Bob
    >
    > I'd be very disappointed in him were that the case. I prefer to think
    > that Rob and Robert M. enjoy their debates. Otherwise, why would they
    > get so personal over something as minor as a cell phone?
    > -mike

    Because Phillipe and his 64 other ID's show he's a troll ...

    Bob
  44. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > ReRead the FAQ. That point is explictly discussed.

    I did. Thank you for your agreement that there is nothing sinister about
    these plans. I was under the impression that that was your purpose - to
    make it look as if Sprint were somehow dishonest for offering these
    plans. I just failed to recognize your flair for the dramatic. At times,
    I've been accused of having such a flair offline. :)
    -mike
  45. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <Fiyhc.5382$e4.3866@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    > Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Okay. I won't do anything about a person who provides this newsgroup
    > > with tons of information about SprintPCS and their policies and has a
    > > record of readily admitting to his mistakes.
    > >
    > > "Embarassment to SprintPCS" is a little insulting though. I mean, I know
    > > Rob has a life beyond Sprint, but he probably takes pride in his work. I
    > > also know you mean it in jest, but some people might get a little
    ruffled.

    > I get ruffled when he calls anyone who disagrees with him a LIAR.
    >
    > I think that fully earns him the title
    >
    > embarressment of SprintPCS.
    >
    > He called me al liar for pointing out he had confessed to incorrectly
    > giving folks a 2 year contract. Thus I posted his post. he and a couple
    > of others are so quick to apologize for SprintPCS, they get bent out of
    > shape when I happen to have enough of a memory to know they are
    > contradicting themselves.
    >
    > - What me know about the A500?
    >
    > - What me give folks 2 year Agreements when I shouldn't?
    >
    > - What me admit we call all cracked screens "Customer abuse"?
    >
    > and in each case Google quickly calls up the post so saying, and when
    > caught in a lie, then they start with the obscenities/insults/name
    > calling, etc.

    See what I mean Mike ... He does have a hard-on for Rob ...

    Bob
  46. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > I get ruffled when he calls anyone who disagrees with him a LIAR.

    Aww... You kids...

    You beat him up a little on the 8200/7300 flash issue too, so don't act
    like it was just him. :)

    I know you two enjoy it. :)
    -mike
  47. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <TNyhc.5416$e4.4357@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > As you'll recall, we've established that there is no secrecy.

    Only by your definition.
  48. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <aXyhc.5434$e4.435@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Robert M. wrote:
    >
    > > ReRead the FAQ. That point is explictly discussed.
    >
    > I did. Thank you for your agreement that there is nothing sinister about
    > these plans. I was under the impression that that was your purpose - to
    > make it look as if Sprint were somehow dishonest for offering these
    > plans. I just failed to recognize your flair for the dramatic. At times,
    > I've been accused of having such a flair offline. :)

    I just firmly believe advertised plans would serve SprintPCS better as
    it attempts to retain customers.

    Of course a total revamp of its billing and CSR procedures would also
    help.
  49. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > Only by your definition.

    As we've established that the plans are unpublished, and we've
    established that unpublished does not mean secret, I would say that we
    have. I have a supporting url:

    http://m-w.com

    -mike

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers