Firewire

markwinter

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
Heres a new problem for you all: I have a firewire external backup drive (Lacie D2 Model 120Gb) and a firewire external CD-RW Drive (Lacie D2 Model 52x24x52) and my problem is this........when i boot up my PC (Windows XP Pro & Service patch 1, belkin internal firewire card 3 port) both external drives are detected and everything works ok, but if i restart the PC system for whatever reason, windows does not recognise either external firewire drives, i then have to switch both on/off, but this works 70% of the time......any suggestions.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmmm. Latest drivers for the firewire card?
Consider moving the firewire card to a different PCI slot? (what slot is it in right now?)

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>

markwinter

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2003
The PCI Belkin Firewire card is in PCI slot 4 (i have a giga-byte 845PE Ultra M/B)....I couln't locate any Belkin firewire drivers at all on their website, so i'm assuming that the card relies on Windows XP firewire drivers.....i did notice that in my BIOS, the setting for 'OS plug & play' was set to off...not sure if this will make a difference..i don't want to set it to on as i'm not sure if Windows XP will throw a wobbley on reboot!.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm. dats strange.... one would think it would have SOME drivers available *hmmm*

<b>My Computer is so powerful Sauron Desires it and mortal men Covet it, <i>My Precioussssssss</i></b>