Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

SprintPCS Pluses

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 7:57:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Lest anyone falsely say all my posts are negative let me list some of
the many positive things I've said about SprintPCS.

1. For many people: Plans with most minutes for the buck
with the coverage they need.

2. Some spiffy phones, I used to own a Samsung i330, and currently have
a Sanyo RL2500 and have often posted positive remarks about those two
models, Sprint has some feature rich models for those that like camera
phones.

3. Excellent mailorder service for purchase of phones, quick delivery
from Louisville, sometimes less good with backordered accessories.

4. Excellent service from Executive Services if your Service or billing
gets messed up.

5. Analog capability on almost all phones (not Treo 600), so if
you have an emergency in boonies, you can roam.

6. Nice corporate discounts for those working at large companies where
such deals are in force.

7. Vision Service is Fixed price, and cheaper than most other carriers
($19.99 for similar service at Cingular)

8. Good capability to track your usage and bills on the web (except
during a month you change your plan, or if you have a shared minutes
plan). *4 also gives that information

9. 7 PM nights and weeks is a good deal for those folks with friends or
families living in a more easterly time zone.

10. Zero requirement for automatic billing from credit card or bank
account, although one can do that manually monthly on the web and save
postage.

11. Availability of free firmware updates on phones at Company stores.

==========================

I stay with Sprint because I like their National Plan, that if I'm 1000
miles away from home, every minute has free long distance. I like the
retention plan I'm on that gives me more minutes than I've ever used in
a month, so that I needn't closely track my useage. I have free 8 PM
nights and weekends, and use about 1000 minutes a month of those.
When I'm not changing phones or plans, SprintPCS works reliabily as does
billing, and where I am now, its likely cheaper than any plan I could
switch too.

However I will not give SprintPCS a pass or apologize for them when they
do something thats questionable or not customer friendly.
=========

Interestingly soon there may be more National Carriers rather than fewer
as a result of the Cingular-ATTWS merger, which might make one expect
one less company.

By this time next year AT&T will be again fielding a wireless service,
and MCI has indicated it wants to also, although they may (as Disney has
indicated it may) just run a plan similar to Virgin Wireless (which has
been a great success and helped keep SprintPCS afloat)

More about : sprintpcs pluses

April 21, 2004 7:57:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<Lest anyone falsely say all my posts are negative let me list some of
the many positive things I've said about SprintPCS. (snip) >>

I don't know if anyone has ever said that *all* of your posts are
negative. I know I have personally read a good number of your posts
that were positive and helpful. But the majority of what you post is
negative and you constantly shoot down anyone who dare say a positive
thng about Sprint PCS or their customer service... like it is
inconceiveable (sp) to you that they can provide someone with a good
experience. Your constant harping about Consumer Reports and JD Powers
-- it was once news, but you bring it up a few times each day... it just
gets old.

I am all for doing stuff that will help Sprint in the future and
pointing out where they need to improve -- as I have done so in the past
with a post entitled "How would you improve Sprint?"... but you have to
keep a good frame of mind. Just because someone doesn't agree with you
or have had a differing experience from what you had/or have heard
someone have, doesn't make their opinions count any less than yours.

You do make good points, and you obviously are educated in the cellular
industry and how the cellular world works. But posting about Sprint's
churn up to four different times yesterday makes it just seem like you
are negative all the time. Sprint's churn is something we can discuss
and analyze, but you do it in such a confrontational way... it makes if
difficult to read your posts in an objective light.

Best wishes to you.
Anonymous
April 21, 2004 9:50:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
news:24370-4086AF62-55@storefull-3235.bay.webtv.net...
rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<Lest anyone falsely say all my posts are negative let me list some of
the many positive things I've said about SprintPCS. (snip) >>

I don't know if anyone has ever said that *all* of your posts are
negative. I know I have personally read a good number of your posts
that were positive and helpful. But the majority of what you post is
negative and you constantly shoot down anyone who dare say a positive
thng about Sprint PCS or their customer service... like it is
inconceiveable (sp) to you that they can provide someone with a good
experience. Your constant harping about Consumer Reports and JD Powers
-- it was once news, but you bring it up a few times each day... it just
gets old.

I am all for doing stuff that will help Sprint in the future and
pointing out where they need to improve -- as I have done so in the past
with a post entitled "How would you improve Sprint?"... but you have to
keep a good frame of mind. Just because someone doesn't agree with you
or have had a differing experience from what you had/or have heard
someone have, doesn't make their opinions count any less than yours.

You do make good points, and you obviously are educated in the cellular
industry and how the cellular world works. But posting about Sprint's
churn up to four different times yesterday makes it just seem like you
are negative all the time. Sprint's churn is something we can discuss
and analyze, but you do it in such a confrontational way... it makes if
difficult to read your posts in an objective light.

Best wishes to you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------

He's a malicious SOB and has no credability, with misquoting other posts,
changing id's 65 times, lieing, unmunging email addresses so spambots can
harvest them.

Bob
Related resources
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 12:16:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Chris Russell <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:
> But he constantly complains about the stock prices too.

Hey, all I said was that he doesn't hate EVERYTHING about SPCS. :) 

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
"someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 12:17:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

Scott Stephenson <scott.stephensonson@adelphia.net> wrote:

> OK, Phil- I'll give you all of this. That was a damn fine explanation of
> things. It would be so much easier to try a dialog with you if your posts
> were more like this, and less of the trollish rantings and repeat posts you
> put in this group. I don't ever expect you to be happy with Sprint CS, but
> even you would have to admit that last in this industry is not that far from
> first.

No one expects him to be happy with Sprint CS, and y'know what? THAT'S OK.
There are things *I'd* change about CS and some of their policies if I was
in charge. No one is telling him he's wrong to dislike CS.

--
JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP: 0xE3AE35ED
Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) / sjsobol@JustThe.net
Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
"someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out and buy
slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows 98/2000/2003
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 2:50:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <1BChc.422$uT1.81@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>,
"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:

> But he constantly complains about the stock prices too.

I never owned a share, so I never complained about the price. I reported
it when it fell below $5/share. All the Sprint apologists told me it was
such a good buy. I challenged each and every one to prove they believed
that by telling how many shares they bought. No one ever said they
bought any back then.

They should have bought, I should have bought. The coming retraction of
PCS stock into FON stock has caused SprintPCS stock to double in price
in 6 months.

Next week there won't be any more PCS stock. Each share will be replaced
by 1/2 a share of FON stock.
April 22, 2004 2:50:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-BA57AF.17500821042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <1BChc.422$uT1.81@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:
>
> > But he constantly complains about the stock prices too.
>
> I never owned a share, so I never complained about the price. I reported
> it when it fell below $5/share. All the Sprint apologists told me it was
> such a good buy. I challenged each and every one to prove they believed
> that by telling how many shares they bought. No one ever said they
> bought any back then.
>

I pushed my 401K to buy more PCS stock back then, and I said I did.


> They should have bought, I should have bought. The coming retraction of
> PCS stock into FON stock has caused SprintPCS stock to double in price
> in 6 months.
>
I did, and my 401K has a lot more money in it now than it did then.
Anonymous
April 22, 2004 6:55:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <7e761144.0404211848.677a7735@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:<rmarkoff-BA57AF.17500821042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
> > In article <1BChc.422$uT1.81@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>,
> > "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:
> >
> > > But he constantly complains about the stock prices too.
> >
> > I never owned a share, so I never complained about the price. I reported
> > it when it fell below $5/share. All the Sprint apologists told me it was
> > such a good buy. I challenged each and every one to prove they believed
> > that by telling how many shares they bought. No one ever said they
> > bought any back then.
> >
>
> I pushed my 401K to buy more PCS stock back then, and I said I did.
>
>
> > They should have bought, I should have bought. The coming retraction of
> > PCS stock into FON stock has caused SprintPCS stock to double in price
> > in 6 months.
> >
> I did, and my 401K has a lot more money in it now than it did then.

Thats OK, I made a bundle on AMI stock.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 8:09:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-8B851B.10570521042004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> However I will not give SprintPCS a pass or apologize for them when they
> do something thats questionable or not customer friendly.
>

The problem, Phill, speaking just or myself, is your refusal to
discuss your claims. Let's use our recent spat as an example. You
accuse me of admitting that I've told customers that 2-year Advantage
Agreements are required for plan changes. I've never told customers
that, nor have I ever said I did.

I *did* say that 1-year Advantage Agreements are required. And I was
wrong about 1-year Advantage Agreements. And it's right there that
the problems with you begin. I was wrong. And I said so.

You are wrong about what I've said. Instead of admitting to it,
though, you've simply reposted what I said about *1-year* Advantage
Agreements as if it proved your point. In fact, it does the
opposite.


That's the problem people have with you, Phill. Not your criticism.
Your refusal to have a discussion.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 9:05:31 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <141ddb472cb4fc9a24ca96cbe61504f7@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> The problem, Phill, speaking just or myself, is your refusal to
> discuss your claims. Let's use our recent spat as an example. You
> accuse me of admitting that I've told customers that 2-year Advantage
> Agreements are required for plan changes. I've never told customers
> that, nor have I ever said I did.

yes you did, and then admitted you were wrong.

From: O/Siris (0srs@sprntpcs.cm)
Subject: Re: Plan Upgrade
Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Date: 2004-03-23 02:13:36 PST

In article <Egh6c.27332$%06.23835
@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Bob
Smithusirsclt No Spam @earthlink.net says...
> I checked it both ways, as a new customer, or as a current customer for m y
> zip code for the $65/mo. plan. As a new customer, I could select not goin g
> on an AA by paying $10 more a month.
>
> As a current customer, and changing plans through my manage page, there w as
> no comment about needing to extend my AA, unless I was going to take the
> 7:00 N & W option.
>
> Bob
>

This has been a *very* interesting question. And I wonder
just how much this newsgroup spawned this little debate. I
had a woman challenge me on this tonight. So I had the
PERFECT opportunity to find out, once and for all. And,
wouldn't you know? I found out. Much to my chagrin:

I found the following question answered in our procedures
database:
"Can an existing Individual Purchased customer swap service
plans without needing to renew their contract?
Impact of Service Plan swaps to Contract Plans on
Individual Purchased accounts.
LOBs: Business Services"

Now, this is, once again, specifying Business Accounts.
Still, I would imagine, in this case, that Consumer
Accounts are much the same. And the answer?

It turns out that a plan change does not require a new
Advantage Agreement if 3 conditions all prove true:

1. The customer is eligible for the new service plan,
AND
2. The new plan is in the same family of plans as the
existing service plan (for example, switching from one Free
and Clear service plan to another Free and Clear plan), AND
3. The new plan does not require the current service
contract to be renewed. See related solutions for the
specific plan the customer wants to switch to for details.

That "family of plans" condition seems to me to be the most
complicated condition. Remember when F&CA was sold as its
own family? Now moving to a plan where it's just an add-on
means renewing the Advantage Agreement.

Anyway, complications aside, I was wrong. I guess I've
been able to get away with justifying the new agreements
all this time. Like 2 year Advantage Agreements for the
7PM option, or PCS2PCS. Stuff like that. This woman
tonight wanted none of that, and she was right.
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:10:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-7C7DB5.12053126042004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> yes you did, and then admitted you were wrong.
>

Same old refusal to be a decent human being.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 9:27:10 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <3b25759e98bc28668d9618e64d8e39ef@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-7C7DB5.12053126042004
> @news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > yes you did, and then admitted you were wrong.
> >
>
> Same old refusal to be a decent human being.

And this from the child that calls anyone who disgarees with him a LIAR.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 1:39:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <rmarkoff-E73995.12271227042004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> And this from the child that calls anyone who disgarees with him a LIAR.
>
>

No, just the liars, liar.

--
RØß
O/Siris
I work for Sprint PCS
I *don't* speak for them
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 1:54:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

In article <41da17102f435aaa6f19e0416bff9593@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-E73995.12271227042004
> @news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > And this from the child that calls anyone who disgarees with him a LIAR.
> >
> >
>
> No, just the liars, liar.

He's at it again. What say you tech geek ?
!