How come no one told me about Divine Divinity?

I just bought it used off of Amazon and I'm enjoying it quite
a bit. Takes some getting used to, but I like it. How come I
never heard anything about it here? And the fact that I
probably wasn't reading this group when it came out is no
excuse!

Pete

is that the game with the pack mule?
I didn't like it

On that special day, Peter Meilinger, (mellnger@bu.edu) said...

> I just bought it used off of Amazon and I'm enjoying it quite
> a bit. Takes some getting used to, but I like it. How come I
> never heard anything about it here? And the fact that I
> probably wasn't reading this group when it came out is no
> excuse!

http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=10
&as_scoring=r&hl=de&btnG=Google-
Suche&as_epq=divine+divinity&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_ugroup=comp.sys.ibm.pc.ga
mes.rpg&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_m
iny=1981&as_minm=5&as_mind=12&as_maxy=2005&as_maxm=6&as_maxd=17 (one
line)

It is *really* amazing, that you missed all this.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

I played Divine Divinity for awhile but ultimately didn't enjoy it but
why I can't remember now it has melded into the big blancmange of
mediocre crpg's lately.

Dungeon Siege I do remember (I think), that's the one which felt like
playing an RTS you click to move your party to an area, watch them
autofight the entire combat, and then move to the next area. Not my
cup of tea to say the least. Oh but it did have "no load times" as a
big selling point which of course I didn't care at all about.

On 17 Jun 2005 14:12:13 -0700, wolfing wrote:

> is that the game with the pack mule?

No. That's Dungeon Siege.

M.
--
ClamWin, an open source antivirus software for Windows:
http://www.clamwin.com/

Peter Meilinger wrote:
> I just bought it used off of Amazon and I'm enjoying it quite
> a bit. Takes some getting used to, but I like it. How come I
> never heard anything about it here? And the fact that I
> probably wasn't reading this group when it came out is no
> excuse!
>
> Pete

I loved Divine Divinity. It's one of my all time favorite RPG games.
There is also Beyond Divinity which some people say is DD2 but it's not.
Larian called it "an extension of the Divinity Universe, but this is a
completely new experience, with a fresh storyline." I haven't played
it but played the demo and was not overly impressed. They are now
working on DD2, which I can't wait for!! I so hope they don't change
everything that makes DD fun trying to "improve" it. I just don't think
it needs much improvement myself.

Paula

GSV Three Minds in a Can <GSV@quik.clara.co.uk> wrote in news:WC9
+EXOFDxsCFARt@from.is.invalid:

> *spoiler* *spoiler*

Maybe you could also say, that you shouldn't bother to eat the dessert of
Divine Divinity?

;-)

Chris

Peter Meilinger <mellnger@bu.edu> once tried to test me with:

> I just bought it used off of Amazon and I'm enjoying it quite
> a bit. Takes some getting used to, but I like it. How come I
> never heard anything about it here? And the fact that I
> probably wasn't reading this group when it came out is no
> excuse!

It was fairly well receieved here. Few years ago. When it came out.

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

> I loved Divine Divinity. It's one of my all time favorite RPG games.
> There is also Beyond Divinity which some people say is DD2 but it's not.
> Larian called it "an extension of the Divinity Universe, but this is a
> completely new experience, with a fresh storyline." I haven't played
> it but played the demo and was not overly impressed. They are now
> working on DD2, which I can't wait for!! I so hope they don't change
> everything that makes DD fun trying to "improve" it. I just don't think
> it needs much improvement myself.
>
> Paula

I enjoyed Divine Divinity a lot too, although as others have mentioned
it tails off a bit a the end. In my opinion it's a bit of a cross
between Baldurs Gate and Diablo. However, I would'nt recommend Beyond
Divinity at all. It's one of the few CRPG's that I never finished due
to boredom.

Badbark

Andy

"NFLed" <NFLed@aol.com> wrote in message
>I played Divine Divinity for awhile but ultimately didn't enjoy it but
> why I can't remember now it has melded into the big blancmange of
> mediocre crpg's lately.
>
> Dungeon Siege I do remember (I think), that's the one which felt like
> playing an RTS you click to move your party to an area, watch them
> autofight the entire combat, and then move to the next area. Not my
> cup of tea to say the least. Oh but it did have "no load times" as a
> big selling point which of course I didn't care at all about.

Whereas I loved the autofighting and hate load times with a vengeance.
Games companies must be pulling their hair out...

Andy