Sprint! Follow-on to Sanyo 6400 wanted!!!!

Sprint,

I called Sanyo and said that I sure would like a color screen,
speaker-phone version of the Sanyo 6400.

Sanyo said that Sprint hadn't ordered any to be made!

There are others on the Sprint PCS newsgroup that similarly love their
6200/6400s and the form factor and would likely love to buy a
follow-on!

Please, get that sort of model ordered from Sanyo! Thank you!
46 answers Last reply
More about sprint follow sanyo 6400 wanted

    In article <vrid80pgibmb6rg9eimp127b6oda7rud28@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > Sprint,
    >
    > I called Sanyo and said that I sure would like a color screen,
    > speaker-phone version of the Sanyo 6400.
    >
    > Sanyo said that Sprint hadn't ordered any to be made!
    >
    > There are others on the Sprint PCS newsgroup that similarly love their
    > 6200/6400s and the form factor and would likely love to buy a
    > follow-on!
    >
    > Please, get that sort of model ordered from Sanyo! Thank you!

    I should imagine that the additions you want would add to the size and
    weight and cost of such a model, and that may have something to do with
    its not being ordered.

    And Sanyo is exactly right that it only makes what SprintPCS wants, the
    day of cell phone manufacturers calling the shots is just about over. It
    made the news today:

    http://yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_17/b3880060.htm

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

    > I should imagine that the additions you want would add to the size and
    > weight and cost of such a model, and that may have something to do with
    > its not being ordered.
    >
    > And Sanyo is exactly right that it only makes what SprintPCS wants, the
    > day of cell phone manufacturers calling the shots is just about over. It
    > made the news today:
    >
    > http://yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_17/b3880060.htm

    I saw that article- good post, Phil. From a business perspective, it only
    makes sense- the cellular providers won't be buying phones that have
    features they don't use, making the end product match up better to their
    service (how many phones out there have a great feature crippled, because
    its not supported by the carrier?). It could lead to slightly cheaper
    phones down the road, and subsidy costs for the carriers won't be as harsh.
    Unfortunately, for the consumer, this has some pretty significant downsides.
    The biggest is that the phones will essentially be custom designed for a
    particular carrier's network, making extra features difficult to migrate to
    another carrier.

    On Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:52:21 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <vrid80pgibmb6rg9eimp127b6oda7rud28@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >> Sprint,
    >>
    >> I called Sanyo and said that I sure would like a color screen,
    >> speaker-phone version of the Sanyo 6400.
    >>
    >> Sanyo said that Sprint hadn't ordered any to be made!
    >>
    >> There are others on the Sprint PCS newsgroup that similarly love their
    >> 6200/6400s and the form factor and would likely love to buy a
    >> follow-on!
    >>
    >> Please, get that sort of model ordered from Sanyo! Thank you!
    >
    >I should imagine that the additions you want would add to the size and
    >weight and cost of such a model, and that may have something to do with
    >its not being ordered.

    Color display wouldn't add to the size. The plastic screen coating can
    also now double as a speaker. Battery power density has also improved.
    So, the form factor is still possible.

    wrote:

    >In article <vrid80pgibmb6rg9eimp127b6oda7rud28@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >> Sprint,
    >>
    >> I called Sanyo and said that I sure would like a color screen,
    >> speaker-phone version of the Sanyo 6400.
    >>
    >> Sanyo said that Sprint hadn't ordered any to be made!
    >>
    >> There are others on the Sprint PCS newsgroup that similarly love their
    >> 6200/6400s and the form factor and would likely love to buy a
    >> follow-on!
    >>
    >> Please, get that sort of model ordered from Sanyo! Thank you!
    >

    >And Sanyo is exactly right that it only makes what SprintPCS wants,

    So, this consumer is asking Sprint to deliver what he wants!
    So, Sprint, get on it!

    In article <4gbe80h1uol4ssm5h3oapbjjrjoe232eke@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > >I should imagine that the additions you want would add to the size and
    > >weight and cost of such a model, and that may have something to do with
    > >its not being ordered.
    >
    > Color display wouldn't add to the size. The plastic screen coating can
    > also now double as a speaker. Battery power density has also improved.
    > So, the form factor is still possible.

    Easy to say, harder to engineer. and the weight? and the other factor:

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:35:47 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <4gbe80h1uol4ssm5h3oapbjjrjoe232eke@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >> >I should imagine that the additions you want would add to the size and
    >> >weight and cost of such a model, and that may have something to do with
    >> >its not being ordered.
    >>
    >> Color display wouldn't add to the size. The plastic screen coating can
    >> also now double as a speaker. Battery power density has also improved.
    >> So, the form factor is still possible.
    >
    >Easy to say, harder to engineer. and the weight? and the other factor:

    Sorry you don't believe that it's possible. Weight wouldn't increase
    that much.

    >Sanyo is exactly right that it only makes what SprintPCS wants,

    And I'm telling Sprint what I want. What customers want is what any
    mobile carrier should deliver.

    Should it be any different?

    In article <2afe809sc25ch7q9hmsd6rmo2ssifq54gi@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:35:47 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    > wrote:

    > >> Color display wouldn't add to the size. The plastic screen coating can
    > >> also now double as a speaker. Battery power density has also improved.
    > >> So, the form factor is still possible.
    > >
    > >Easy to say, harder to engineer. and the weight? and the other factor:
    >
    > Sorry you don't believe that it's possible. Weight wouldn't increase
    > that much.

    Easy to say.

    Again you omit the URL that proves you wrong.

    http://yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_17/b3880060.htm

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:10:00 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <2afe809sc25ch7q9hmsd6rmo2ssifq54gi@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 02:35:47 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Easy to say, harder to engineer. and the weight? and the other factor:
    >>
    >> Sorry you don't believe that it's possible. Weight wouldn't increase
    >> that much.
    >
    >Easy to say.
    >
    >Again you omit the URL that proves you wrong.

    Goodness, Robert! You're being silly by insisting that things don't
    exist if there's no URL for them! I've already countered that
    contention from you once!
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <kogf80tn8huhfp35r3ad87591ci7lp4iv5@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:10:00 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <2afe809sc25ch7q9hmsd6rmo2ssifq54gi@4ax.com>,
    > > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > >> Sorry you don't believe that it's possible. Weight wouldn't increase
    > >> that much.
    > >
    > >Easy to say.
    > >
    > >Again you omit the URL that proves you wrong.
    >
    > Goodness, Robert! You're being silly by insisting that things don't
    > exist if there's no URL for them! I've already countered that
    > contention from you once!

    Nope, and you again omit the URL, why?

    http://yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_17/b3880060.htm

    Just cause you conceptualize something, doesn't make it true.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:17:18 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <kogf80tn8huhfp35r3ad87591ci7lp4iv5@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:10:00 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Easy to say.
    >> >
    >> >Again you omit the URL that proves you wrong.
    >>
    >> Goodness, Robert! You're being silly by insisting that things don't
    >> exist if there's no URL for them! I've already countered that
    >> contention from you once!
    >
    >Nope, and you again omit the URL, why?

    Because your complaint that facts don't exist just because I don't
    post references for them via URL.

    I read some of these things on paper, and have provided specific
    reference to one of them. Did you ever bother to check that reference?
    (That proves how silly it is to insist that facts don't exist without
    a URL!)

    I'll give you a hint as to how to find the URL you're contesting
    doesn't exist.

    One of the companies that manufactures these things has a name that
    starts with M, but is best known by a name starting with P.

    Their product is variously known as Sound Window and Acoustic Panel.
    Their touch panel version is known as the Acoustic Touch Panel.

    Mass production ramp up was March.

    Go forth and search and never insist that something doesn't exist
    because I don't post a URL for it. You've now been disproven twice.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <59if80pfas8kaqhdcoi13ieio7q1nji71f@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:17:18 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <kogf80tn8huhfp35r3ad87591ci7lp4iv5@4ax.com>,
    > > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > >> Goodness, Robert! You're being silly by insisting that things don't
    > >> exist if there's no URL for them! I've already countered that
    > >> contention from you once!
    > >
    > >Nope, and you again omit the URL, why?

    http://yahoo.businessweek.com/magazine/content/04_17/b3880060.htm
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    >And I'm telling Sprint what I want. What customers want is what any
    >mobile carrier should deliver.

    Well, let's use another analogy. If you come into my Cyber Cafe
    (http://www.mocha-n-micro-chips.com) and order anything off the menu, we will
    sell it to you. If on the other hand you order a hambuger, we will not sell it
    to you. We don't sell hamburgers.

    --
    John S.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On 22 Apr 2004 15:03:24 GMT, sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.)
    wrote:

    >>And I'm telling Sprint what I want. What customers want is what any
    >>mobile carrier should deliver.
    >>

    >Well, let's use another analogy. If you come into my Cyber Cafe
    >(http://www.mocha-n-micro-chips.com) and order anything off the menu, we will
    >sell it to you. If on the other hand you order a hambuger, we will not sell it
    >to you. We don't sell hamburgers.

    Since you aren't in the business of selling hamburgers I wouldn't come
    to your place to order hamburgers in the first place.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <br5i80p96u3u9bednb72a58sr4rdjv62ff@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > On 22 Apr 2004 15:03:24 GMT, sexyexotiche@aol.comspamfree (John S.)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >>And I'm telling Sprint what I want. What customers want is what any
    > >>mobile carrier should deliver.
    > >>

    > >Well, let's use another analogy. If you come into my Cyber Cafe
    > >(http://www.mocha-n-micro-chips.com) and order anything off the menu, we
    > >will
    > >sell it to you. If on the other hand you order a hambuger, we will not sell
    > >it
    > >to you. We don't sell hamburgers.
    >
    > Since you aren't in the business of selling hamburgers I wouldn't come
    > to your place to order hamburgers in the first place.

    And Sprint is not making any color Sanyo 6400's.

    How silly. He wants new version of a 6400 he says. Therefore he decides
    its easy to do in the same form factor, based solely upon his hopes and
    wishes.

    It's not going to happen as SprintPCS wants phones that can generate
    revenue from additional features.

    Pictures - Picture Phone
    ReadyLink
    SMS

    Your imaginary color 6400 would have none of those. Every new phone this
    year has at least 2 of those features! No incentive for SprintPCS to
    request Sanyo to design and produce your wished for color 6400 without
    the new sources for revenue.
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. wrote:

    > And Sprint is not making any color Sanyo 6400's.
    >
    > How silly. He wants new version of a 6400 he says. Therefore he decides
    > its easy to do in the same form factor, based solely upon his hopes and
    > wishes.
    >
    > It's not going to happen as SprintPCS wants phones that can generate
    > revenue from additional features.
    >
    > Pictures - Picture Phone
    > ReadyLink
    > SMS
    >
    > Your imaginary color 6400 would have none of those. Every new phone this
    > year has at least 2 of those features! No incentive for SprintPCS to
    > request Sanyo to design and produce your wished for color 6400 without
    > the new sources for revenue.

    The VI600, actually. It has only one of those features.

    I think the big problem with the 6400 form factor is that the battery
    would be small. That's not to say it would be impossible. Nokia phones
    have batteries that would nearly fit in a 6400 - leaving little room for
    the rest of the phone's guts. They would have to have a very shallow
    keypad to get the form factor and accommodate a battery sized like a
    Nokia BLC-3. I don't think ReadyLink would be supported, without some
    breakthrough in battery performance. SMS means nothing to battery life.
    A camera could be fit in next to the antenna rail on the back of the
    phone, making that bulge just a little wider.

    I think it's possible. The big question would be whether Sprint needs
    another candybar phone next to the RL2000, 3588i, PM6225, VI600, and
    forthcoming 4920. The RL2000 is the rugged position, the 3588i takes the
    entry level, PM6225 is the entry level camera, the VI600 is the entry
    level vision, and the 4920 looks like a premium non-camera candybar,
    being the only one of the lot with a decent screen. I suppose there
    would be room for a VGA camera/Flash candybar - maybe even a video mail
    product.

    Here's what Sprint really should release:

    http://www.sanyo.com/wireless/media_relations/sequin_covering.htm

    -mike
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 13:32:38 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <br5i80p96u3u9bednb72a58sr4rdjv62ff@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    >> >Well, let's use another analogy. If you come into my Cyber Cafe
    >> >(http://www.mocha-n-micro-chips.com) and order anything off the menu, we
    >> >will
    >> >sell it to you. If on the other hand you order a hambuger, we will not sell
    >> >it
    >> >to you. We don't sell hamburgers.
    >>
    >> Since you aren't in the business of selling hamburgers I wouldn't come
    >> to your place to order hamburgers in the first place.
    >
    >And Sprint is not making any color Sanyo 6400's.
    >
    >How silly. He wants new version of a 6400 he says. Therefore he decides
    >its easy to do in the same form factor, based solely upon his hopes and
    >wishes.

    Robert,

    Didn't you look up that reference you were told to search for?

    So, I'll play Robert N. for the moment, and ask you, "What URL do you
    have that says it's not possible?"
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <00sk805uqsb5k9p0b0nf1fm748532fgfu4@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > >How silly. He wants new version of a 6400 he says. Therefore he decides
    > >its easy to do in the same form factor, based solely upon his hopes and
    > >wishes.
    >
    > Robert,
    >
    > Didn't you look up that reference you were told to search for?

    Sorry, I don't take orders from anyone other than my boss, my wife or my
    mother.

    > So, I'll play Robert N. for the moment, and ask you, "What URL do you
    > have that says it's not possible?"

    And what URL do you have that it is, other than your fantisizing.

    It's not going to happen, it wouldnt generate ReadyLink, or PhoptoMail
    income.

    P.S. Who is Robert N.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:59:11 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >> Didn't you look up that reference you were told to search for?
    >

    >Sorry, I don't take orders from anyone other than my boss, my wife or my
    >mother.

    Strange that you think I gave you an order! You demand references from
    people but don't bother to follow up!

    >> So, I'll play Robert N. for the moment, and ask you, "What URL do you
    >> have that says it's not possible?"
    >
    >And what URL do you have that it is, other than your fantisizing.

    Look at the Nokia 3100 and tell me that what I want isn't possible.
    (It's a speakerphone, but where's the speaker!?)

    >It's not going to happen, it wouldnt generate ReadyLink, or PhoptoMail
    >income.

    Yet the Audiovox phone already exists (VI600). Perhaps it won't come
    to pass, but at least this customer has a right to ask, and should
    make his wishes known to his carrier. Should it be any other way?

    (Evidently not, since you've never responded to that query. So why are
    you being so negative about it?)
  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <poan80p7d1f63iqjkpki3rrf28se5nplo2@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:59:11 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >> Didn't you look up that reference you were told to search for?
    > >

    > >Sorry, I don't take orders from anyone other than my boss, my wife or my
    > >mother.
    >
    > Strange that you think I gave you an order! You demand references from
    > people but don't bother to follow up!
    >

    > >> So, I'll play Robert N. for the moment, and ask you, "What URL do you
    > >> have that says it's not possible?"
    > >
    > >And what URL do you have that it is, other than your fantisizing.
    >
    > Look at the Nokia 3100 and tell me that what I want isn't possible.
    > (It's a speakerphone, but where's the speaker!?)

    Since when does Nokia make phones for Sanyo?

    You write to Sprint, tell them your wishes, and we'll see how fast a
    "Follow-on" to the Sanyo 6400 comes out.

    Most folks prefer clam shell phones, which protect the screen from
    breakage.
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
    <<Most folks prefer clam shell phones, which protect the screen from
    breakage. >>

    Most, but not all. And those that don't shouldn't ever be completely
    ignored in the marketplace.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Sun, 25 Apr 2004 14:17:42 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <poan80p7d1f63iqjkpki3rrf28se5nplo2@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    >> >Sorry, I don't take orders from anyone other than my boss, my wife or my
    >> >mother.
    >>
    >> Strange that you think I gave you an order! You demand references from
    >> people but don't bother to follow up!

    >> >And what URL do you have that it is, other than your fantisizing.
    >>
    >> Look at the Nokia 3100 and tell me that what I want isn't possible.
    >> (It's a speakerphone, but where's the speaker!?)
    >
    >Since when does Nokia make phones for Sanyo?

    Think a little bit more broadly, Robert. Sanyo made slimmer phones
    than anyone offered in the States, years ago. So, Nokia makes a small,
    thin phone. So it must be easier, these days, to make smaller thinner
    phones.

    >You write to Sprint, tell them your wishes, and we'll see how fast a
    >"Follow-on" to the Sanyo 6400 comes out.

    Could be an 18 month development cycle.

    >Most folks prefer clam shell phones, which protect the screen from
    >breakage.

    Nokia seems to be selling lots of "candy bars", including recent
    offerings for SprintPCS, one of which is not a camera phone.

    So the other poster rightly says "Don't ignore that market."
  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    <paul@wren.cc.kux.edu> wrote in message
    > Sprint,
    >
    > I called Sanyo and said that I sure would like a color screen,
    > speaker-phone version of the Sanyo 6400.
    >
    > Sanyo said that Sprint hadn't ordered any to be made!
    >
    > There are others on the Sprint PCS newsgroup that similarly love their
    > 6200/6400s and the form factor and would likely love to buy a
    > follow-on!
    >
    > Please, get that sort of model ordered from Sanyo! Thank you!

    I know this isn't real, but look at this tease.
    http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/phone/wireless/defs/scp6400.html
    I saw someone on ebay selling a 6400 using this bullcrap image.

    dothemath
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <R89jc.42803$G_.35963@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>,
    "dothemath" <bil462@youknow.com> wrote:

    > I know this isn't real, but look at this tease.
    > http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/phone/wireless/defs/scp6400.html
    > I saw someone on ebay selling a 6400 using this bullcrap image.
    >
    > dothemath

    Monochrome LCD screen with adjustable contract and font size (120 ~ 128
    dots); Screen Size: 25.188mm (W) ~ 23.508mm (H); 8 lines (7 text, 1
    icon), 15 characters/line; PNG graphics capability; animation.

    and picture of color screen. Oh well.
  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <mk6q80ha130vr94tf9igd7jt7hh6lnrou8@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > >> Look at the Nokia 3100 and tell me that what I want isn't possible.
    > >> (It's a speakerphone, but where's the speaker!?)
    > >
    > >Since when does Nokia make phones for Sanyo?
    >
    > Think a little bit more broadly, Robert. Sanyo made slimmer phones
    > than anyone offered in the States, years ago. So, Nokia makes a small,
    > thin phone. So it must be easier, these days, to make smaller thinner
    > phones.
    >
    > >You write to Sprint, tell them your wishes, and we'll see how fast a
    > >"Follow-on" to the Sanyo 6400 comes out.
    >
    > Could be an 18 month development cycle.

    Check back here in 18 months, we'll see what happens.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > So the other poster rightly says "Don't ignore that market."

    So far the market is one guy in Kansas.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:02:32 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <mk6q80ha130vr94tf9igd7jt7hh6lnrou8@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >> So the other poster rightly says "Don't ignore that market."
    >
    >So far the market is one guy in Kansas.

    Just because I'm the only one to speak out about it on the net doesn't
    mean that, if it's available, I'd be the only one to buy it.

    (You seem to like to post just to argue.)
  27. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    <<Just because I'm the only one to speak out about it on the net doesn't
    mean that, if it's available, I'd be the only one to buy it. >>

    There are lots and lots of people who still prefer candy bar nokia-style
    phones over flip phones. Just because clamshells are more popular,
    doesn't mean that there isn't a solid market for the other. You are not
    alone.... Phillipe just likes to post and argue because he has no life
    of his own.
  28. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <ohhq8055ds0ng9peuf6ggg7631kcekq8sc@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:02:32 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <mk6q80ha130vr94tf9igd7jt7hh6lnrou8@4ax.com>,
    > > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    > >
    > >> So the other poster rightly says "Don't ignore that market."
    > >
    > >So far the market is one guy in Kansas.
    >
    > Just because I'm the only one to speak out about it on the net doesn't
    > mean that, if it's available, I'd be the only one to buy it.
    >
    > (You seem to like to post just to argue.)

    I was just going to say that about you.
  29. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    > Sprint,
    >
    > I called Sanyo and said that I sure would like a color screen,
    > speaker-phone version of the Sanyo 6400.
    >
    > Sanyo said that Sprint hadn't ordered any to be made!
    >
    > There are others on the Sprint PCS newsgroup that similarly love their
    > 6200/6400s and the form factor and would likely love to buy a
    > follow-on!
    >
    > Please, get that sort of model ordered from Sanyo! Thank you!

    Have you thought about the Nokia PM-6225?
    It's a candybar phone with a color screen, vision, speaker phone, FM
    radio, IR, MO-SMS, replaceable X-press on covers, camera and a really
    nice form factor - not as thin as a 6400, but much shorter. I'm really
    thinking about switching to this phone.
    -mike
  30. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I like "candy bar" phones. Especially the ones with the door that
    flips over the keys.

    Eric wrote:
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    > <<Just because I'm the only one to speak out about it on the net doesn't
    > mean that, if it's available, I'd be the only one to buy it. >>
    >
    > There are lots and lots of people who still prefer candy bar nokia-style
    > phones over flip phones. Just because clamshells are more popular,
    > doesn't mean that there isn't a solid market for the other. You are not
    > alone.... Phillipe just likes to post and argue because he has no life
    > of his own.

  31. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:35:40 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <ohhq8055ds0ng9peuf6ggg7631kcekq8sc@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:02:32 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    >> wrote:

    >> >So far the market is one guy in Kansas.
    >>
    >> Just because I'm the only one to speak out about it on the net doesn't
    >> mean that, if it's available, I'd be the only one to buy it.
    >>
    >> (You seem to like to post just to argue.)
    >
    >I was just going to say that about you.

    But, contrary to you, Robert Negative, I don't chide people for not
    providing URLs or references, then not follow up on them.

    Since my mother died long ago, you should feel lucky that yours is
    still living! Does she know you behave this way on the net?
  32. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 18:45:31 GMT, Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    >paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >> Sprint,
    >>
    >> I called Sanyo and said that I sure would like a color screen,
    >> speaker-phone version of the Sanyo 6400.
    >>
    >> Sanyo said that Sprint hadn't ordered any to be made!
    >>
    >> There are others on the Sprint PCS newsgroup that similarly love their
    >> 6200/6400s and the form factor and would likely love to buy a
    >> follow-on!
    >>
    >> Please, get that sort of model ordered from Sanyo! Thank you!
    >
    >Have you thought about the Nokia PM-6225?
    >It's a candybar phone with a color screen, vision, speaker phone, FM
    >radio, IR, MO-SMS, replaceable X-press on covers, camera and a really
    >nice form factor - not as thin as a 6400, but much shorter. I'm really
    >thinking about switching to this phone.
    >-mike

    If a follow on to the 6400, in the same form factor doesn't come out,
    I may choose some alternative. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll be
    checking them out at a Sprint PCS store, today.
  33. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > >Since when does Nokia make phones for Sanyo?
    >
    > Think a little bit more broadly, Robert. Sanyo made slimmer phones
    > than anyone offered in the States, years ago. So, Nokia makes a small,
    > thin phone. So it must be easier, these days, to make smaller thinner
    > phones.
    >
    > >You write to Sprint, tell them your wishes, and we'll see how fast a
    > >"Follow-on" to the Sanyo 6400 comes out.
    >
    > Could be an 18 month development cycle.
    >
    > >Most folks prefer clam shell phones, which protect the screen from
    > >breakage.
    >
    > Nokia seems to be selling lots of "candy bars", including recent
    > offerings for SprintPCS, one of which is not a camera phone.
    >
    > So the other poster rightly says "Don't ignore that market."

    And Nokia makes phones for Sanyo since when?

    Just because you want it, doesn't mean it will happen.
    Are you a youngest child?
  34. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:06:05 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <mk6q80ha130vr94tf9igd7jt7hh6lnrou8@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >> >Since when does Nokia make phones for Sanyo?
    >>
    >> Think a little bit more broadly, Robert. Sanyo made slimmer phones
    >> than anyone offered in the States, years ago. So, Nokia makes a small,
    >> thin phone. So it must be easier, these days, to make smaller thinner
    >> phones.
    >>
    >> >You write to Sprint, tell them your wishes, and we'll see how fast a
    >> >"Follow-on" to the Sanyo 6400 comes out.
    >>
    >> Could be an 18 month development cycle.
    >>
    >> >Most folks prefer clam shell phones, which protect the screen from
    >> >breakage.
    >>
    >> Nokia seems to be selling lots of "candy bars", including recent
    >> offerings for SprintPCS, one of which is not a camera phone.
    >>
    >> So the other poster rightly says "Don't ignore that market."
    >
    >And Nokia makes phones for Sanyo since when?

    You have a very narrow focus! You've already been asked to think more
    broadly, about just this topic and these cell phone makers, but you
    refuse.

    >Just because you want it, doesn't mean it will happen.
    >Are you a youngest child?

    No, but if someone doesn't ask for it, how is a carrier to know it's
    wanted? Until you can respond to that question you have no right to
    complain.

    Are you a youngest child? Or do you feel you're a neglected middle
    child?

    You should cease complaining. Your suppositions have been countered
    all along the way.
  35. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:02:32 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >In article <mk6q80ha130vr94tf9igd7jt7hh6lnrou8@4ax.com>,
    > > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    > >
    > >> So the other poster rightly says "Don't ignore that market."
    > >
    > >So far the market is one guy in Kansas.
    >
    > Just because I'm the only one to speak out about it on the net doesn't
    > mean that, if it's available, I'd be the only one to buy it.

    Fine, let us know when Sprint or Sanyo announces a 6400 follow-on.

    Likely the 12th of Never.
  36. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:06:50 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <ohhq8055ds0ng9peuf6ggg7631kcekq8sc@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 15:02:32 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    >> wrote:

    >> >So far the market is one guy in Kansas.
    >>
    >> Just because I'm the only one to speak out about it on the net doesn't
    >> mean that, if it's available, I'd be the only one to buy it.
    >
    >Fine, let us know when Sprint or Sanyo announces a 6400 follow-on.
    >
    >Likely the 12th of Never.

    Strange. You don't object to the consumer asking for carrier for it,
    but you chide the consumer for asking for it. Why?
  37. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <6nns80l4rkk1fsq83kleueh45kcrm5b1ml@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    PLONK the spoiled brat that wants a phone nobody makes.
  38. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <gsns80l725cg415qc1jrj2a37qdfoke2ma@4ax.com>,
    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:

    > No, but if someone doesn't ask for it, how is a carrier to know it's
    > wanted? Until you can respond to that question you have no right to
    > complain.

    So ask for it already, and let us know on the 12th of Never when the
    6401 is released.
  39. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:31:09 GMT, "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >In article <6nns80l4rkk1fsq83kleueh45kcrm5b1ml@4ax.com>,
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    >
    >PLONK the spoiled brat that wants a phone nobody makes.

    Oh my God! Sound the alarm! A consumer has actually asked a company
    for a product it doesn't yet make! Get the police. This is a dangerous
    situation!

    Seriously, Robert, since you aren't contributing any useful
    information, I hope that this thread will be abandoned.
    I certainly won't be looking at it, further.
  40. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    > Sprint,
    >
    > I called Sanyo and said that I sure would like a color screen,
    > speaker-phone version of the Sanyo 6400.
    >
    > Sanyo said that Sprint hadn't ordered any to be made!
    >
    > There are others on the Sprint PCS newsgroup that similarly love their
    > 6200/6400s and the form factor and would likely love to buy a
    > follow-on!
    >
    > Please, get that sort of model ordered from Sanyo! Thank you!

    Check out this Sanyo, released in Japan on Oct 23, 2003.

    http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C2173/
    http://www.myphone.gr/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3667/password//sort/1/size/medium/cat/3031/page/

    The INFOBAR is a CDMA 2000 1x device with an 11mm thick magnesium alloy
    case.

    Looks like it's up your alley. Tell Sprint you want that.
    -mike
  41. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <6pekc.17644$e4.3910@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > Check out this Sanyo, released in Japan on Oct 23, 2003.
    >
    > http://www.mobilemag.com/content/100/340/C2173/
    > http://www.myphone.gr/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/3667/password//sort/1/size/m
    > edium/cat/3031/page/
    >
    > The INFOBAR is a CDMA 2000 1x device with an 11mm thick magnesium alloy
    > case.
    >
    > Looks like it's up your alley. Tell Sprint you want that.

    Except:

    Its not made by Sanyo.

    It appears to have a monochrome screen.

    It is 5.5 inches long. Longer than the 5.07" 6400.
  42. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Its not imaginary. it already exists.

    its just not for sprint and does not have a speaker phone (woopy)

    all they have to do it put sprint guts in it. it would not cost "that" much

    I would glady pay a premium for it

    Except for taking pictures and speakerphone and ready link my sanyo 6400
    does absolutely EVERYTHING any other current 3g phone does.

    ANYTHING

    Chris Taylor
    http://www.zodiacreview.com/

    > Your imaginary color 6400 would have none of those. Every new phone this
    > year has at least 2 of those features! No incentive for SprintPCS to
    > request Sanyo to design and produce your wished for color 6400 without
    > the new sources for revenue.
  43. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    way way to thick.

    :-(

    Candybar to me is "candy bar"

    that (nokia) is 5 candy bars :-) hehehe

    Chris Taylor
    http://www.zodiacreview.com/

    "Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
    > paul@wren.cc.kux.edu wrote:
    > > Sprint,
    > >
    > > I called Sanyo and said that I sure would like a color screen,
    > > speaker-phone version of the Sanyo 6400.
    > >
    > > Sanyo said that Sprint hadn't ordered any to be made!
    > >
    > > There are others on the Sprint PCS newsgroup that similarly love their
    > > 6200/6400s and the form factor and would likely love to buy a
    > > follow-on!
    > >
    > > Please, get that sort of model ordered from Sanyo! Thank you!
    >
    > Have you thought about the Nokia PM-6225?
    > It's a candybar phone with a color screen, vision, speaker phone, FM
    > radio, IR, MO-SMS, replaceable X-press on covers, camera and a really
    > nice form factor - not as thin as a 6400, but much shorter. I'm really
    > thinking about switching to this phone.
    > -mike

  44. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Chris Taylor Jr wrote:
    > way way to thick.
    >
    > :-(
    >
    > Candybar to me is "candy bar"
    >
    > that (nokia) is 5 candy bars :-) hehehe
    >
    > Chris Taylor
    > http://www.zodiacreview.com/

    The 6225 is the Milky Way to the 6400's Nestle Crunch.
    ^The highpoint of my USENET legacy, this post.^

    -mike
  45. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    spamtrap@zbuffer.com (Mike) wrote:
    <<The 6225 is the Milky Way to the 6400's Nestle Crunch. ^The highpoint
    of my USENET legacy, this post.^
    -mike>>

    Which phone would be the Butterfinger?

    Eric
  46. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Hehehehe I like that very cool !!

    Chris Taylor
    http://www.zodiacreview.com/

    > The 6225 is the Milky Way to the 6400's Nestle Crunch.
    > ^The highpoint of my USENET legacy, this post.^
    >
    > -mike

Sprint PCS Speakers Newsgroup Sanyo Internet Service Providers