Cant access the routers login screen

redrob554

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
Hello,
i just bought a netgear router. i was able get into routers login screen once. thought every thing is good? everything looked correct? now i cant get into login screen at all again. im confused it should be easy. either use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.254. i tried them all with no luck. can someone help out? oh my computer is my PS 3

redrob554

Honorable
Feb 21, 2013
i know they are public addresses.I was saying thats i used to be able to access login screen for the router. I do know what im doing! Just want to be able to get to login screen the to the routers GUI so i can get thing running correctly. if someone can help me? that would be great. thank for your time and help.
ROB

That is NOT a public address, it's a private one, which kinda knocks your "I know what I'm doing" comment a bit out of whack. If I type in 192.168.1.1 I will not hit your router, I will hit mine.

I never used a PS3's web browser, but I'd try to use a regular computer and see what happens. If you can get to the PS3 network settings, see what it shows for a Gateway, that should be the router's IP. Did you change any settings on the router or PS3?

SteveF71

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

Use a 'real' computer and add a static address, let's say 192.168.1.7 with the mask of 255.255.255.0. No DNS and Gateway IPs needed. I assume you have Windows 7:
Control Panel-->Network and Internet-->Network Connections-->Right click on adapter--> Click proprieties-->Click Internet Protocol Version 4-->Clock on Properties--> Select 'Use the following IP address'-->Enter IP address and mask.

Now, connect the computer LAN connection to one of the LAN ports of your Netgear router, use your PC browser (I use Firefox) and enter 192.168.1.1. If this does not work enter either (you may want to try this first from your PS3 before jumping to a 'real' PC):

http://www.routerlogin.net
http://www.routerlogin.com

I have a WNR2000 Netgear router, I do not know what yours is but I assume all Netgear routers accessed the same way.
Once you programmed your router, set the PC's setting back where they were, connect the clients to the router and you should be home free.

Let me know if this worked.