tape mftr

Last response: in Home Audio
January 19, 2005 11:02:54 AM

"fresh magnetic tape from new European sources.
coating and production of 1/4 inch tape according to German studio tape
quality standards has started this week,
research is currently ongoing to expand this program in order to launch

audio tape manufacturing in 1 and 2 inch gauges for multitrack analogue
audio recording (as a direct reaction to Quantegy filing chapter 11).
production and marketing of magnetic audio tape
for studios and mastering. It's all a question
about marketing into niche markets. A public press
notice on this topic naming manufacturing company and people involved
should be expected within 2 - 3 weeks"

dale

More about : tape mftr

Anonymous
January 19, 2005 1:39:53 PM

on 1/19/05

dale wrote:
> "fresh magnetic tape from new European sources.
> coating and production of 1/4 inch tape according to German studio tape
> quality standards has started this week,
> research is currently ongoing to expand this program in order to launch
>
> audio tape manufacturing in 1 and 2 inch gauges for multitrack analogue
> audio recording (as a direct reaction to Quantegy filing chapter 11).
> production and marketing of magnetic audio tape
> for studios and mastering. It's all a question
> about marketing into niche markets. A public press
> notice on this topic naming manufacturing company and people involved
> should be expected within 2 - 3 weeks"
>
> dale

Thanks Dale and to all of us in our "pinchers" at best. If you or anyone
out there that can also lobby for 1/2" format tape I think that format
is viable also. I own and operate a publishing and writers house and
48 tracks running (all 1/2") plus digital. And think of all the Tascam,
Fostex, Scullys, et al.

Good Luck To All,
jim
Wysongs™ Music Publishing
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 2:48:52 PM

dale <dallen@frognet.net> wrote:
>"fresh magnetic tape from new European sources.
>coating and production of 1/4 inch tape according to German studio tape
>quality standards has started this week,
>research is currently ongoing to expand this program in order to launch
>audio tape manufacturing in 1 and 2 inch gauges for multitrack analogue
>audio recording (as a direct reaction to Quantegy filing chapter 11).
>production and marketing of magnetic audio tape
>for studios and mastering. It's all a question
>about marketing into niche markets. A public press
>notice on this topic naming manufacturing company and people involved
>should be expected within 2 - 3 weeks"

Where is this?

I know there are some guys in the Netherlands who have bought some of
the Emtec machinery, and who were gearing up to make high grade cassettes,
but making 1/4" is a different ball game.

Who are these folks and have you got a phone number?
--scott

January 26, 2005 1:36:01 PM

posted on ARSCLIST@loc.gov

"I am currently researching about the European production and delivery
situation for prof. audio mag tape (2"-1"-1/2"-1/4") and I received
news today that the remaining assets of EMTEC, Germany (formerly BASF
Magnetics) have been bought and secured by a company which will
announce the deal with now-insolvent EMTEC later next week.

So if anybody in need for "fresh" 2"-1"-1/2"-1/4" audio studio mag tape
from EMTEC please contact former EMTEC exec. Jürgen Heimbach

by email jheimbach@web.de

(his cell phone nr. +49.172.567 82 11)

He promised me to redirect incoming inquiries to the company who has
bought the remaining assets on a first come first serve basis.

Rumours are still ongoing that the Dutch company MPO B.V. in Oosterhout
(which bought some of the hardware manufacturing assets of the
EMTEC/AGFA mag tape manufacturing site in Munich) will not only
continue to produce magnetic tape for the compact audio cassette but
has also plans to start production in other mag tape gauges for studio
and mastering purposes. But access to chemicals seems to be the current
issue. So if there is somebody out there who could help with chemical
resources for prof. audio manufactuaring, I am sure this would help the
current situation regarding to help continue prof. audio magnetic tape.

MPO's web site: www.mpobv.nl

Hope this info helps some people urgently in need for mag tape.

If anybody do know about the current situation about mag film
(perforated magnetic polyester film in 16, 17.5, 35 mm gauges), please
let me/us know.

bye
Joachim Polzer
www.polzer.org