Cascading routers with coax wire???

Syres1

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
I have Verizon Fios. They deliver the internet from their box to their router via coax wire. From then I use my cat 6 wire to my computer. My 2nd router (slave) does not have a coax port, so I can not set it up as the slave. Is it still possible to cascade my routers and if so how?
I have my main router on one end of the house, 100ft away are the kids rooms without a decent wireless signal. I just bought 150 ft of cat6 wire but need to create some kind of hot spot over there so they can connect wirelessly. Please help

Solution

Yes. The poster that wrote that was assuming a brand new setup. Honestly, I tend to disagree with the original poster in the order. The thing that is mostly important is that the routers are configured independently such that the master doesn't issue the slave router's IP address out, and that the slave router's DHCP server is disabled.

Only after both routers are configured, should you physically connect the ethernet cable from the master, to slave routers...

dbhosttexas

Honorable
Jan 15, 2013

Yes. The poster that wrote that was assuming a brand new setup. Honestly, I tend to disagree with the original poster in the order. The thing that is mostly important is that the routers are configured independently such that the master doesn't issue the slave router's IP address out, and that the slave router's DHCP server is disabled.

Only after both routers are configured, should you physically connect the ethernet cable from the master, to slave routers...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS