Sprint PCS Vision Phone VI600 by Sprint

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
April 22, 2004 6:49:17 PM

Who makes this phone? Is it a Sanyo?

Thanks Rod
Anonymous
April 23, 2004 12:08:25 AM

In article <c697k3$9g1tk$1@ID-57098.news.uni-berlin.de>,
"Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> Who makes this phone? Is it a Sanyo?
>
> Thanks Rod

Nope, Audiovox. Strange how SprintPCS wants to keep that scret.
April 23, 2004 12:08:26 AM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-D98443.15081822042004@news04.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <c697k3$9g1tk$1@ID-57098.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > Who makes this phone? Is it a Sanyo?
> >
> > Thanks Rod
>
> Nope, Audiovox. Strange how SprintPCS wants to keep that scret.

It's made by Curitel (http://www.curitel.com/english/index.asp) which
used otbe a division of Hyundai
(http://www.curitel.com/english/company/history.asp).

(Product page: http://www.curitel.com/english/Product/cdma/TX-65B.asp
)

They are affiliated with Toshiba / Audiovox in some way, but I don't
have the energy to search it all out.
April 23, 2004 1:56:59 PM

In article <7e761144.0404221840.78392d0f@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <c697k3$9g1tk$1@ID-57098.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> > "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Who makes this phone? Is it a Sanyo?
> > >
> > > Thanks Rod
> >
> > Nope, Audiovox. Strange how SprintPCS wants to keep that scret.
>

> It's made by Curitel (http://www.curitel.com/english/index.asp) which
> used otbe a division of Hyundai
> (http://www.curitel.com/english/company/history.asp).
>
> (Product page: http://www.curitel.com/english/Product/cdma/TX-65B.asp
> )
>
> They are affiliated with Toshiba / Audiovox in some way, but I don't
> have the energy to search it all out.

Curitel bought out Audiovox, and the phone is the only one sold by
SprintPCS currently where the Manufacturer's name is not directly
revealed.

http://www.strategyanalytics.com/press/PR00101.htm
April 26, 2004 10:47:45 AM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-103872.04565323042004@news04.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <7e761144.0404221840.78392d0f@posting.google.com>,
> pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
>

> Curitel bought out Audiovox, and the phone is the only one sold by
> SprintPCS currently where the Manufacturer's name is not directly
> revealed.

If Curitel bought out Audiovox, then doesn't that make it a Curitel
phone, even if the 'old' Audiovox made it?

My Sprite was bottled by Coca-Cola, yet it's not a Coca-Cola.

My friend's Fisher stereo was made by Sanyo (Yes, Sanyo owns Fisher),
but it doesn't say 'Sanyo' anywhere on it.

My neighbor's Saturn was made by GM, yet you don't see GM on it.
April 26, 2004 12:18:21 PM

Robert M. wrote:
> In article <c697k3$9g1tk$1@ID-57098.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>

>>Who makes this phone? Is it a Sanyo?
>>
>>Thanks Rod
>

> Nope, Audiovox. Strange how SprintPCS wants to keep that scret.

While it's not being shouted from the mountaintop, the box is pretty
clearly labeled.

http://www.zbuffer.com/spamtrap/vi600box.jpg

-mike
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:21:36 PM

Hey, now you've done it!
The secrets out!.... <grin>

Scotty

"Mike" <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote in message
> Robert M. wrote:
> > In article <c697k3$9g1tk$1@ID-57098.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> > "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Who makes this phone? Is it a Sanyo?
> >>
> >>Thanks Rod
> >

> > Nope, Audiovox. Strange how SprintPCS wants to keep that scret.
>
> While it's not being shouted from the mountaintop, the box is pretty
> clearly labeled.
>
> http://www.zbuffer.com/spamtrap/vi600box.jpg
>
> -mike

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 7:20:53 PM

In article <7e761144.0404260547.b421ed2@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <7e761144.0404221840.78392d0f@posting.google.com>,
> > pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
> >

> > Curitel bought out Audiovox, and the phone is the only one sold by
> > SprintPCS currently where the Manufacturer's name is not directly
> > revealed.
> >

> If Curitel bought out Audiovox, then doesn't that make it a Curitel
> phone, even if the 'old' Audiovox made it?
>
> My Sprite was bottled by Coca-Cola, yet it's not a Coca-Cola.
>
> My friend's Fisher stereo was made by Sanyo (Yes, Sanyo owns Fisher),
> but it doesn't say 'Sanyo' anywhere on it.
>
> My neighbor's Saturn was made by GM, yet you don't see GM on it.

Its certainly not a "by Sprint" phone, as a "by Samsung" phone is made
by Samsung.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 8:59:58 PM

In article <hB3jc.13241$e4.2420@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Robert M. wrote:
> > In article <c697k3$9g1tk$1@ID-57098.news.uni-berlin.de>,
> > "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
> >

> >>Who makes this phone? Is it a Sanyo?
> >>
> >>Thanks Rod
> >

> > Nope, Audiovox. Strange how SprintPCS wants to keep that scret.
>
> While it's not being shouted from the mountaintop, the box is pretty
> clearly labeled.
>
> http://www.zbuffer.com/spamtrap/vi600box.jpg
>
> -mike

Fine but thats not a SprintPCS website, and a buyer from the web
wouldn't see the "Audiovix" till AFTER they got the phonne.

SprintPCS is keeping it a secret.
April 26, 2004 8:59:59 PM

rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<Fine but thats not a SprintPCS website, and a buyer from the web
wouldn't see the "Audiovix" till AFTER they got the phonne.
SprintPCS is keeping it a secret. >>

They won't see "Audiovix" then either... perhaps "audiovox" rather.
Learn to type/spell/think.
!