Can someone help me connect to my Wireless Extender (Linksys RE1000) by wire?

bubbaruski

Honorable
Jan 1, 2013
I have recently built my first computer and I want to move it to my room. Only problem is that my wireless router is in my kitchen and my room is all the way over here. Luckily for me, I have a wireless extender (Linksys RE1000 by Cisco). I have connected to it by an ethernet cable before, but when I tried to connect it to my new computer, it says that it is connecting to the extender, but somewhere after that it is losing its way to the internet.

So anyway, I open my browser, and it takes me to the devices settings(the url was my ip) So it gave me the options to "Save my settings". I wasn't sure what that even meant, but I did it anyway. So after that, I rebooted the extender and nothing happened that didn't already happened. I'm not sure what to do, so please instruct my confused soul.

Please leave a comment if I didn't give enough info or if you need more, Thanks,

Matt

When setting uo the wireless extender you need it to be in the same room as the router for the signal to lock in and the router to recognize it. Once that's done then you can move the extender to another location and connect the comp[uter by ethernet cable. In your devices and printers page you should see the RE1000 listed.
Also if you go to computer and click on network you should see a list of the devices that is on the network and the RE1000 should be there also.