Sign in with
Your question

How to remove windows 7 and install windows xp pro

Last response: in Windows 7
June 8, 2012 4:35:28 PM

Hello,
IVE COMPLETED ALL THE STEPS FOR UNINSTALLING WINDOWS 7 INCLUDING CHANGING THE SATA CONFIG. FROM AHCI TO ATA WHEN I PRESS F8 TO ACCEPT EULA IT DOESNT ALLOW TO ACCEPT BUT WHEN I PRESS ESC TO EXIT IT RESTARTS THE LAPTOP. PG DWN AND PG UP ALSO WORKS. THE ONLY PROBLEM IM FACING IS THAT FOR SOME REASON ITS NOT ALLOWING ME TO ACCEPT THE LICENSE AGREEMENT. PLZ HELP
June 8, 2012 4:41:04 PM

You have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the agreement before you accept it.
m
l
June 8, 2012 4:42:00 PM

ive tried that but its still not working
m
l
Related resources
June 8, 2012 4:50:35 PM

First you don't need ATA for XP, AHCI will work with XP. Try removing any partitions first. Make sure your lic. key is correct for your media. OEM and Retail install disks are different and have different keys.
m
l
June 8, 2012 4:57:45 PM

ive tried ahci many times but in wasnt even allowing to boot from cd rom. only once i changed it to ata it boot from disk. how do i remove partitions? now its not even goin into windows 7. its coming up with a blue screen msg saying something about hardware changes
m
l
June 8, 2012 7:31:27 PM

Do you have your F Lock (function lock) key locked? Did you try another keyboard? Is it a USB or PS/2 keyboard?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 8, 2012 9:11:30 PM

I would re-format the HDD on another computer and start from scratch.
m
l
!