Startup menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
I recently started experiencing my webpages and anything else I am doing on my computer to freeze for a few seconds and cannot figure out what is causing it. I decided to check my startup menu and am confused over all the items listed there.

Some of the most obvious ones I do recognize were ones not checked because when I installed them I chose not to have run at startup. But the majority there appear to be auto installs even when I get a Windows update that I need.

Is there any clear way for a novice to figure out what is essential and what is not? Is there some chart somewhere that shows what can and should not be checked at startup?

I have:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz 2.83GHz
Installed Memory (RAM): 8.00 GB
System type: 64 bit os
Pen and touch: none

Solution
There is no chart, I usually just google each entry name and you can find information about what it is for

Any program written by anyone can register itself to run on startup, therefor it's impossible to just build a list.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
There is no chart, I usually just google each entry name and you can find information about what it is for

Any program written by anyone can register itself to run on startup, therefor it's impossible to just build a list.

Solution

lynspottery

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

Thank you very much...I shall work on this directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.