Interchanging RAM

ninesecfiveo

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2003
Don't laugh.... I recently bought an Emachines t1842. It has 128MB of PC2100 DDR SDRAM. I was wondering if SDRAM can be swapped out for RDRAM and if it is worth the cost, or if I should just install more SDRAM. The system says it's expandable up to 2GB. It has a 1.8GB Celeron, and a 40 GB HD. I mainly use it for looking at the internet and downloading music. If anybody would be so kind as to answer this computer novices questions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike.

bum_jcrules

Distinguished
May 12, 2001
You will have to buy more DDR SDRAM. You would have to buy a new motherboard if you wanted to use RDRAM.

<b><font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> <font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> He's our man! If he can't do it no one can!</b>

DaveP

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2002
HeHe! E-machine?
Just kidding. :smile:
Get a stick of DDR 2100, 256meg. That way, if you can't use the two sticks together, you still double your RAM.

:smile: :smile:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Add another stick of DDR SDRAM. Then when you get the bucks, if you want more speed use a P4. I just sold an OLD system faster than yours for $300.

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>