Overseas SMS, any new news?

Any new news? Is it working for anyone? If so, does it depend on which part
of the country you are?

In article <gtqdndO0ireOTBTdRVn-vg@comcast.com>,
TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net says...
> Any new news? Is it working for anyone? If so, does it depend on which part
> of the country you are?

It's unsupported, still. So it's an "either it works, or it
doesn't" situation, and not much more available on it.

--
RØß
O/Siris

"Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:

> Any new news? Is it working for anyone? If so, does it depend on which part
> of the country you are?

What's the deal. Why can't any of the know-it-all SprintPCS employees,
dealers, apologists and hangers-ons have an authoritative answer?

In article <gtqdndO0ireOTBTdRVn-vg@comcast.com>,
"Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:

> Any new news? Is it working for anyone? If so, does it depend on which part
> of the country you are?

A message from the Cingular Group may spread some light, or not.

==============================

In article <_eWdnfE3vJRPTRTdRVn-hA@comcast.com>,
"Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:

Hmm, I can send SMSs to norway with no problem (I don't remember the
name of the norwegian provider but I know it is not the state owned one
Telenor?)

"Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no> wrote in message
> Cingular needs to have an agreement with a service provider in the country
> you are trying to send to. I have the same problem sending SMS to Norway.

===============================

Why from the Cingular group?
Right now I have a Sprint phone 5300 $50/700 Vision FC&A with 23% employee
discount for all my voice calls and I had to get a prepaid cingular just to
send text messages overseas? I hate cingular and I am happy with Sprint so I
want Sprint to provide true international SMS instead of carrying two
phones.

(Sorry, I did not like the "A message from the Cingular Group may spread
some light, or not" response from rmarkoff). I think it is STUPID). What
does cingular have to do with Sprint SMS?

In article <JvWdnXOGAvGpMBfdRVn-hQ@comcast.com>,
"Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:

> Why from the Cingular group?
> Right now I have a Sprint phone 5300 $50/700 Vision FC&A with 23% employee
> discount for all my voice calls and I had to get a prepaid cingular just to
> send text messages overseas? I hate cingular and I am happy with Sprint so I
> want Sprint to provide true international SMS instead of carrying two
> phones.
>
> (Sorry, I did not like the "A message from the Cingular Group may spread
> some light, or not" response from rmarkoff). I think it is STUPID). What
> does cingular have to do with Sprint SMS?

Try reading the whole message. One fellow said it was a function of
cellular company to cellular company agreements. If thats the case, it
doesn't depend what part of the country you are in.

> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <gtqdndO0ireOTBTdRVn-vg@comcast.com>,
> > "Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Any new news? Is it working for anyone? If so, does it depend on which
> part
> > > of the country you are?
> >
> > A message from the Cingular Group may spread some light, or not.
> >
> > ==============================
> >
> > In article <_eWdnfE3vJRPTRTdRVn-hA@comcast.com>,
> > "Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, I can send SMSs to norway with no problem (I don't remember the
> > name of the norwegian provider but I know it is not the state owned one
> > Telenor?)
> >
> > "Erik" <eransoft@_nospam_start.no> wrote in message
> > > Cingular needs to have an agreement with a service provider in the
> country
> > > you are trying to send to. I have the same problem sending SMS to
> Norway.
> > >

> > ===============================

Back to the original question: Does anyone know the answer?
And for rmarkoff:
There are people in howardforums saying they can send SMSs from Minneapolis
but not from Boston, so apparently it does depend on the location (maybe not
all the equipment has been upgraded yet nationwide?) Hence my question.
Now, do you have an answer for my question. Do we have an update on the
status of overseas SMS and Sprint? When is it going to work? Or is it never
going to work?

In article <dtqdnbdpELKbZBfdRVn-tw@comcast.com>,
"Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:

> Back to the original question: Does anyone know the answer?
> And for rmarkoff:
> There are people in howardforums saying they can send SMSs from Minneapolis
> but not from Boston, so apparently it does depend on the location (maybe not
> all the equipment has been upgraded yet nationwide?) Hence my question.
> Now, do you have an answer for my question. Do we have an update on the
> status of overseas SMS and Sprint? When is it going to work? Or is it never
> going to work?

What about modifying the Network software to handle the extra digits
foreign numbers require?

In article <rmarkoff-AD2EBB.07145724042004
@news03.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> What's the deal. Why can't any of the know-it-all SprintPCS employees,
> dealers, apologists and hangers-ons have an authoritative answer?

Because, liar, as you've already been told, it's an unsupported
function.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <12e65eb80a973655e5ece315f82e6857@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-AD2EBB.07145724042004
> @news03.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > What's the deal. Why can't any of the know-it-all SprintPCS employees,
> > dealers, apologists and hangers-ons have an authoritative answer?
> >

> Because, liar, as you've already been told, it's an unsupported
> function.

Again, childishly calling everyone a liar. I am not the original poser
of the question. If its not supported then why how do you explain it
does work for some??

In article <dtqdnbdpELKbZBfdRVn-tw@comcast.com>,
"Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:

> Back to the original question: Does anyone know the answer?
> And for rmarkoff:
> There are people in howardforums saying they can send SMSs from Minneapolis
> but not from Boston, so apparently it does depend on the location (maybe not
> all the equipment has been upgraded yet nationwide?) Hence my question.
> Now, do you have an answer for my question. Do we have an update on the
> status of overseas SMS and Sprint? When is it going to work? Or is it never
> going to work?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<Again, childishly calling everyone a liar. I am not the original poser
of the question.>>

He was calling you a liar, Robert M/Phillipe/Cell Merger. Not Topguy.
You are a troublemaker and a drama Queen.

right

"Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote in message
> Back to the original question: Does anyone know the answer?
> And for rmarkoff:
> There are people in howardforums saying they can send SMSs from
Minneapolis
> but not from Boston, so apparently it does depend on the location (maybe
not
> all the equipment has been upgraded yet nationwide?) Hence my question.
> Now, do you have an answer for my question. Do we have an update on the
> status of overseas SMS and Sprint? When is it going to work? Or is it
never
> going to work?
>
> "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> > In article <JvWdnXOGAvGpMBfdRVn-hQ@comcast.com>,
> > "Topguy" <TopGuyNOSPAM@netzero.net> wrote:
> >
> > > Why from the Cingular group?
> > > Right now I have a Sprint phone 5300 $50/700 Vision FC&A with 23%
> employee
> > > discount for all my voice calls and I had to get a prepaid cingular
just
> > > send text messages overseas? I hate cingular and I am happy with
Sprint
> so I
> > > want Sprint to provide true international SMS instead of carrying two
> > > phones.
> > >
> > > (Sorry, I did not like the "A message from the Cingular Group may
spread
> > > some light, or not" response from rmarkoff). I think it is STUPID).
What
> > > does cingular have to do with Sprint SMS?
> >
> > Try reading the whole message. One fellow said it was a function of
> > cellular company to cellular company agreements. If thats the case, it
> > doesn't depend what part of the country you are in.
> >

> > > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

> which
> > > part

> one

> > > country
> > > Norway.

Does any current U.S cellular carrier support international SMS?

DavyDE <DavyDE@nyc.ny> wrote:
> Does any current U.S cellular carrier support international SMS?

I'd imagine T-Mobile does, since Deutsche Telekom would probably want
T-Mobile USA customers to be able to communicate with T-Mobile customers
in other countries, and I'm almost sure Verizon Wireless does. I've never
tried international SMS from VZW and I don't have an account with T-Mobile,
so you may want to check with the carriers themselves...

In article <%Xelc.2142$a47.750@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
"DavyDE" <DavyDE@NYC.ny> wrote:

> Does any current U.S cellular carrier support international SMS?
>

> "O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message

> It's unsupported, still. So it's an "either it works, or it
> doesn't" situation, and not much more available on it.

Then why does it work at all if its unsupported?

Or is it another thing like using a cell phone as a modem which is also
"unsupported" wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

T-Mobile definitely has international support. I've texted the UK, France,
Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Hong Kong, the UAE, Kuwait, and South
Africa.
"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> DavyDE <DavyDE@nyc.ny> wrote:
> > Does any current U.S cellular carrier support international SMS?
>
> I'd imagine T-Mobile does, since Deutsche Telekom would probably want
> T-Mobile USA customers to be able to communicate with T-Mobile customers
> in other countries, and I'm almost sure Verizon Wireless does. I've never
> tried international SMS from VZW and I don't have an account with
T-Mobile,
> so you may want to check with the carriers themselves...
>
> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
0xE3AE35ED
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
> "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out
and buy
> slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
98/2000/2003

Cingular and ATTWS have international support as well. I heard Nextel does
"Stuart Friedman" <stu@nospam.na> wrote in message
> T-Mobile definitely has international support. I've texted the UK,
France,
> Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Hong Kong, the UAE, Kuwait, and South
> Africa.
> "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
> > DavyDE <DavyDE@nyc.ny> wrote:
> > > Does any current U.S cellular carrier support international SMS?
> >
> > I'd imagine T-Mobile does, since Deutsche Telekom would probably want
> > T-Mobile USA customers to be able to communicate with T-Mobile customers
> > in other countries, and I'm almost sure Verizon Wireless does. I've
never
> > tried international SMS from VZW and I don't have an account with
> T-Mobile,
> > so you may want to check with the carriers themselves...
> >
> > --
> > JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
> 0xE3AE35ED
> > Steven J. Sobol, Geek In Charge / 888.480.4NET (4638) /
> sjsobol@JustThe.net
> > Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
> > "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out
> and buy
> > slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
> 98/2000/2003

In article <rmarkoff-E08C93.17591902052004
@news01.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> Then why does it work at all if its unsupported?
>
> Or is it another thing like using a cell phone as a modem which is also
> "unsupported" wink-wink-nudge-nudge.

Now you're getting desperate to look silly. You've succeeded on this
one.

Ask 3GUpload. WAPDrive. MatrixM.

None of them are supported, either. But there is no express
restriction against those uses.

A reasonable person could determine the difference for themselves
with just a few seconds' concerted thought. But, as you've already
proven multiple times, you are neither reasonable nor thoughtful, so
I can understand why you couldn't determine that.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <cffca64491c436e105c68912ff4935c5@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-E08C93.17591902052004
> @news01.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > Then why does it work at all if its unsupported?
> >
> > Or is it another thing like using a cell phone as a modem which is also
> > "unsupported" wink-wink-nudge-nudge.
> >

> Now you're getting desperate to look silly.

Did you or did you not tell us all its expressly against the TOS?

In article <Rmm-85FFC7.18020105052004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
Rmm@yahoo.com says...
> Did you or did you not tell us all its expressly against the TOS?

Overseas SMS? Nope. I said it's unsupported.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <897fc668b2127b205f3ffc3f015e79e3@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <Rmm-85FFC7.18020105052004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
> Rmm@yahoo.com says...
> > Did you or did you not tell us all its expressly against the TOS?
> >

> Overseas SMS? Nope. I said it's unsupported.

Dishonest cut and pasting. We were talking about
using a phone as a modem, and whether that was the same
double speak as international SMS.

Here is the WHOLE post, before your dishonest cut and paste:

O/Siris <osiris@sprntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-E08C93.17591902052004
> @news01.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > Then why does it work at all if its unsupported?
> >
> > Or is it another thing like using a cell phone as a modem which is also
> > "unsupported" wink-wink-nudge-nudge.
> >

> Now you're getting desperate to look silly.

Did you or did you not tell us all its expressly against the TOS?

SO again the original question remains, and you always ignbore questions
when you can invent a reason for insuults on your midnight run of inults:

Why does some overseas SMS go through if its not supported???

In article <Rmm-2AC900.04500406052004@news6.west.earthlink.net>,
Rmm@yahoo.com says...
> Dishonest cut and pasting. We were talking about
> using a phone as a modem,

No, Phillie. Look at the thread title.

Of course, a liar like you is going to change that now.

--
RØß
O/Siris

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:897fc668b2127b205f3ffc3f015e79e3@news.teranews.com...

>Overseas SMS? Nope. I said it's unsupported.

Only T-Mobile has it.

--

John Richards

In article <fvAmc.425$jd.396@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>,
supportdesk70-NO-SPAM@NO.SPAM.sbcglobal.net says...
> "O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message news:897fc668b2127b205f3ffc3f015e79e3@news.teranews.com...
> >
> >Overseas SMS? Nope. I said it's unsupported.
>

> Only T-Mobile has it.

I had one user call in and claim Verizon supports it, too. I don't
know the truth of that.

--
RØß
O/Siris

Verizon: 25c for sending international SMS (supports it, web site has a list
of supported networks)
http://www.vtext.com/customer_site/jsp/messaging_lo.jsp (click on
international txt msg)

AT&Y: 25c for sending internations SMS (supports it, web site has a list of
supported networks)
http://www.attwireless.com/personal/features/communication/inttextmessaging.jhtml;dsessionid=5MT4EK2HWWD21B4R0H0CFFA

Cingular: 5c on prepaid, 10c in regular plans (not 100% sure about the 10c)
(supports it, web site has a list of supported networks but it is very
outdated)
http://www.cingular.com/beyond_voice/universal_text

In all plans above international SMS do not come from your pre-paid
bucket, i. e, if you have paid 2.99 for 100 SMS, you are still charged for
the int;l SMS (although I know people from Cingular that claim that they
don't get charged extra)

True, Rob always said it may work but it is unsupported.

So looks like everyone supports it but Sprint. Maybe Sprint will catch
up soon :)

(I hope someone will not use the word liar again)

I hope this info is useful

Marco