Sanyo 8100 USB data cable

Hello all,

I recently purchased the Sanyo SCP-8100 phone to replace my Samsung
a460. So far so good but I need to be able to do the following:

-copy pictures from the camera directly to my laptop
-sync the address book to my laptop
-use the phone as a modem that my laptop can use while I'm on the road

I purchased the USB Data Cable/Sync Cable from http://store.sanyo.com
but it didn't come with any software. Does anyone know what this
cable allows me to do? It seems pretty useless so far.

This software works great for me. I used to have the 8100 and know I have
the RL2000. Same cable, same software.
It will do everything you want for a low price of $30. I don't work for
them, just trying to help out.

http://www.susteen.com/index.htm

--
alt.binaries.penthouse FAQ

To view our current FAQ, model list and other helpful FAQs please visit our
site at:

http://www.geocities.com/penthousegroup

"Andrew S." <afsinclair@optonline.net> wrote in message
Hello all,

I recently purchased the Sanyo SCP-8100 phone to replace my Samsung
a460. So far so good but I need to be able to do the following:

-copy pictures from the camera directly to my laptop
-sync the address book to my laptop
-use the phone as a modem that my laptop can use while I'm on the road

I purchased the USB Data Cable/Sync Cable from http://store.sanyo.com
but it didn't come with any software. Does anyone know what this
cable allows me to do? It seems pretty useless so far.

On 23 Apr 2004 20:15:44 -0700
afsinclair@optonline.net (Andrew S.) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I recently purchased the Sanyo SCP-8100 phone to replace my Samsung
> a460. So far so good but I need to be able to do the following:
>
> -copy pictures from the camera directly to my laptop
> -sync the address book to my laptop
> -use the phone as a modem that my laptop can use while I'm on the road
>
> I purchased the USB Data Cable/Sync Cable from http://store.sanyo.com
> but it didn't come with any software. Does anyone know what this
> cable allows me to do? It seems pretty useless so far.

im in hte same boat as you with my 7300 and cable. and my usb cable doesnt even
charge, very useless so far, until i get software :) i had something for my
sanyo 6000 that was free, hopign to find the same. if not, which software
should i get, what about the snapsync family ?

With SnapSYnc you have to buy each software package separately so if you
wanted to sync photos, address book and connect to the Internet with the
phone it would cost you $90, $30 each. Datapilot is only $30 or $35 for
everything.

"fusQuanto" <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
On 23 Apr 2004 20:15:44 -0700
afsinclair@optonline.net (Andrew S.) wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I recently purchased the Sanyo SCP-8100 phone to replace my Samsung
> a460. So far so good but I need to be able to do the following:
>
> -copy pictures from the camera directly to my laptop
> -sync the address book to my laptop
> -use the phone as a modem that my laptop can use while I'm on the road
>
> I purchased the USB Data Cable/Sync Cable from http://store.sanyo.com
> but it didn't come with any software. Does anyone know what this
> cable allows me to do? It seems pretty useless so far.

im in hte same boat as you with my 7300 and cable. and my usb cable doesnt
even
charge, very useless so far, until i get software :) i had something for my
sanyo 6000 that was free, hopign to find the same. if not, which software
should i get, what about the snapsync family ?

<-use the phone as a modem that my laptop can use while I'm on the road>
If your cable came with a driver all you have to do it set up a dial up
connection using #777 to use your laptop with your Sanyo 8100. DonnaB

"Donna Becker" <dbecker5@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message news:WEtic.3849$Gp.2555@fe1.columbus.rr.com...
> <-use the phone as a modem that my laptop can use while I'm on the road>
> If your cable came with a driver all you have to do it set up a dial up
> connection using #777 to use your laptop with your Sanyo 8100. DonnaB

Right. And if you didn't get the driver with the cable, download it for free
from http://www.futuredial.com/support/usbdrivers/Drivers.htm
No other software needed.

--

John Richards

ok it says the 7300 is "coming soon" but the RL 2500 is there. should i go
ahead and take my chances that it will work for the 7300?

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004
05:40:49 GMT"Peterbilt"<amazon-bitch@NO-SPAMeudoramail.com> wrote:

> With SnapSYnc you have to buy each software package separately so if you
> wanted to sync photos, address book and connect to the Internet with the
> phone it would cost you $90, $30 each. Datapilot is only $30 or $35 for
> everything.
>
> http://www.susteen.com/index.htm
>
> "fusQuanto" <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> On 23 Apr 2004 20:15:44 -0700
> afsinclair@optonline.net (Andrew S.) wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I recently purchased the Sanyo SCP-8100 phone to replace my Samsung
> > a460. So far so good but I need to be able to do the following:
> >
> > -copy pictures from the camera directly to my laptop
> > -sync the address book to my laptop
> > -use the phone as a modem that my laptop can use while I'm on the road
> >
> > I purchased the USB Data Cable/Sync Cable from http://store.sanyo.com
> > but it didn't come with any software. Does anyone know what this
> > cable allows me to do? It seems pretty useless so far.
>
> im in hte same boat as you with my 7300 and cable. and my usb cable doesnt
> even
> charge, very useless so far, until i get software :) i had something for my
> sanyo 6000 that was free, hopign to find the same. if not, which software
> should i get, what about the snapsync family ?

I would think that would only be the driver support. You could try to find
the driver somewhere else. But since it is a new phone there might not be a
driver yet. I don't think it matters where you get the driver from when it
comes to mobile phones. I don't remember if they have a demo available on
the site but if they do then I would try that, I think they took it off due
to the warez crowd.

In article <20040424234634.7f290b48.fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com>,
fusQuanto <fusQuanto@yahooNOSPAM.com> wrote:

> ok it says the 7300 is "coming soon" but the RL 2500 is there. should i go
> ahead and take my chances that it will work for the 7300?

The cable would be the same. SnapSync software or Datapilot software
might need an upgrade to support the 7300, or perhaps it might work
fine by using the RL2500 configuration.