A quick question about mn-500 bridging

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

First off, thank you everybody for the great support your
providing, it has really helped me out.

I have a Linksys Wireless B router upstairs connected to
2 computers and I have a single computer downstairs. I
bought an mn-500 and read Barb's Article but cannot
figure this out. Can I plug the mn-500 into the
downstairs computer and in bridging mode, have it connect
to the Linksys B router upstairs to provide Internet and
network access to the downstairs computer.

I believe a wireless bridge would do this, but is this
how Bridging Mode would work.

Thank you again for any help you can provide.

The MN-500 needs to be hard-wired to the router, Chris. It won't
send/receive wirelessly to the base station.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Chris" <mistr_e@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> First off, thank you everybody for the great support your
> providing, it has really helped me out.
>
> I have a Linksys Wireless B router upstairs connected to
> 2 computers and I have a single computer downstairs. I
> bought an mn-500 and read Barb's Article but cannot
> figure this out. Can I plug the mn-500 into the
> downstairs computer and in bridging mode, have it connect
> to the Linksys B router upstairs to provide Internet and
> network access to the downstairs computer.
>
> I believe a wireless bridge would do this, but is this
> how Bridging Mode would work.
>
> Thank you again for any help you can provide.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Chris,

Wow, there are alot of similar questions on wireless
bridges, or "repeater" today. What you need is a WiFi
repeater, like the D-Link or Linksys. Go here for more
info...

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/1571601