How to change boot option to cd dvd in windows 8

sunilkk

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Hello,
How to change boot option to cd/dvd..
I want to install Ubuntu using CD. But it I didn't find boot option how to change to cd/dvd..

Studer2110

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013
Windows 8 has a new BIO's which does not allow from booting from a cd. You need to enter the BIOs and change it back to the legacy system. Once you do that you can install or reinstall another OS. You should try a Virtual Box first. This will allow you to run both OS.

sunilkk

Honorable
Feb 27, 2013

How to bring it back to legacy system from BIOS

kyllien

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
New BIOS' have an option called Secure Boot. This prevents other then the original OS from being installed. If you computer manufacturer enabled Secure Boot they probably also hid the option in the BIOS.

Again, if you have Windows 8 Pro 64bit installed you can enable Hyper-V then install Ubuntu into a Virtual machine. If you have Windows 8 (not pro) or 32 bit then third party virtual host software like VMware or Virtual Box can also be used.

G

If I want to always boot of the CD-DVD drive I hit the delete key while booting. If I want to boot onto another device only once I hit F8 (Function 8, not the F key and number 8) and I get a boot menu and choose my device. What OS I am running has nothing to do with my BIOS, that is on the motherboard.