Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-06-27, Quaestor <no.spam@my.place> wrote:
> I'm looking at upgrading next week, with the ASUS A8N SLI mb and nvidia
> 6600 GT PCI express video. Has anyone used these, what's the verdict?

Unless you're doing widescreen it's not worth it. Get the 6800
Ultra with an AGP interface and it shold perform almost as
well. Wait three months and watch the prices plumett on those
cards BTW. Nvidia is releasing its new line shortly.

shadows wrote:

>On 2005-06-27, Quaestor <no.spam@my.place> wrote:
>

>>I'm looking at upgrading next week, with the ASUS A8N SLI mb and nvidia
>>6600 GT PCI express video. Has anyone used these, what's the verdict?
>>

>Unless you're doing widescreen it's not worth it. Get the 6800
>Ultra with an AGP interface and it shold perform almost as
>well. Wait three months and watch the prices plumett on those
>cards BTW. Nvidia is releasing its new line shortly.

Thanks. You probly right, but more than double the price I cannot
afford. AGP is the past, PCI Express and SLI seem to be the future, so
I'm happy with that. And I've waited long enough, I'm getting this
thing NOW! :)

--
Philosophy: That attempt to explain why so much about life makes us cuss.

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:18:22 -0700, Quaestor <no.spam@my.place> wrote:

>I'm looking at upgrading next week, with the ASUS A8N SLI mb and nvidia
>6600 GT PCI express video. Has anyone used these, what's the verdict?

ASUS - bad.
SLI- superfluous.

drewdr@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 07:18:22 -0700, Quaestor <no.spam@my.place> wrote:
>

>>I'm looking at upgrading next week, with the ASUS A8N SLI mb and nvidia
>>6600 GT PCI express video. Has anyone used these, what's the verdict?
>

> ASUS - bad.

Eh? Why so?

> SLI- superfluous.

Eh? Why so?

i have the ASUS A8NSLI with a 6800 Ultra (just one card)
AMD Athlon FX-55

Its a dream machine, and can play anything i`ve thrown at it so far. had it
2 months,
no probs.