Sprint employee OK's losing $27 million

In article <edc889105124a3cd96baaf94c2ed2911@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-3FB383.05473524042004
> @news03.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > Baloney. SprintPCS has not released the WLNP numbers that support such a
> > statement.
>
> Churn increased 0.2% in the last quarter over the previous. how bad
> can it be? Not much at all. And in line with what was predicted. A
> minimal impact.

Liar, not in line with predictions.

Let's do the math. .2% per month = 2.4% per year. With 16.3 million
customers, thats 455,200 Extra Customers Lost. At an average of
$61/month each thats $27,312,00 lost.

$27 Million + is "Not much at all" If this doesn't fit the definition
of a Blind Sprint apologist, nothing does.

Lauer also predicted SprintPCS would be a winner from WLNP and then
didnt puiblish those numbers.

Lauer also predicted decreasing costs, and then didnt publish cost of
new customer acquisition, previously outrageously high.

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <edc889105124a3cd96baaf94c2ed2911@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <rmarkoff-3FB383.05473524042004
> > @news03.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > > Baloney. SprintPCS has not released the WLNP numbers that support such
> > > statement.
> >
> > Churn increased 0.2% in the last quarter over the previous. how bad
> > can it be? Not much at all. And in line with what was predicted. A
> > minimal impact.
>
> Liar, not in line with predictions.

Got a URL for that?

> Let's do the math. .2% per month = 2.4% per year. With 16.3 million
> customers, thats 455,200 Extra Customers Lost. At an average of
> $61/month each thats $27,312,00 lost.

Same increase in churn as the industry leader. What are you going to say
when everybody shows an increase?

> $27 Million + is "Not much at all" If this doesn't fit the definition
> of a Blind Sprint apologist, nothing does.

Based on total revenue for the quarter, it is not much at all.

> Lauer also predicted SprintPCS would be a winner from WLNP and then
> didnt puiblish those numbers.

Got a URL for that?

> Lauer also predicted decreasing costs, and then didnt publish cost of
> new customer acquisition, previously outrageously high.

All costs were accounted for in the SEC filing you have been quoting. Take
a look- you'll see the total costs are down.

Thunder

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Reading your post for a while now and I have the following questions:

1. If you think sprint is so bad, then what provider do you use ?

2. If sprint is so bad, and you don't have sprint then why do you bother
posting to this group.. life is to short to let things bother you that,
doesn't matter to you..This is no flame.. just wondering..I can't stand
cingular for instance.. I haven't read that news group in atleast a
year or two.. It just isn't worth it.

He has Sprint, but denies he went to ATTWS and returned. He likes to answer
his own posts with one of his other ID's. He likes to only post part of the
info he quotes to cause arguments. By definition, he is a troll. Due to
him, it is hard to find legitimate info in this newsgroup as people tend to
respond to his taunts. If you look at his posts, you might believe he is
spending a great deal of time online posting.

Chris

"thunder" <thunder@cinci.rr.com> wrote in message
> Reading your post for a while now and I have the following questions:
>
> 1. If you think sprint is so bad, then what provider do you use ?
>
> 2. If sprint is so bad, and you don't have sprint then why do you bother
> posting to this group.. life is to short to let things bother you
that,
> doesn't matter to you..This is no flame.. just wondering..I can't
stand
> cingular for instance.. I haven't read that news group in atleast a
> year or two.. It just isn't worth it.

Dude,
Your obsessing , get a grip.
Your turning and informational post into a personal assault against Rob.
Not too cool, take a break.

In article <FKPic.18002$Gp.4844@fe1.columbus.rr.com>,
"thunder" <thunder@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> Reading your post for a while now and I have the following questions:
>
> 1. If you think sprint is so bad, then what provider do you use ?

You missed my earlier post:

Lest anyone falsely say all my posts are negative let me list some of
the many positive things I've said about SprintPCS.

1. For many people: Plans with most minutes for the buck
with the coverage they need.

2. Some spiffy phones, I used to own a Samsung i330, and currently have
a Sanyo RL2500 and have often posted positive remarks about those two
models, Sprint has some feature rich models for those that like camera
phones.

3. Excellent mailorder service for purchase of phones, quick delivery
from Louisville, sometimes less good with backordered accessories.

4. Excellent service from Executive Services if your Service or billing
gets messed up.

5. Analog capability on almost all phones (not Treo 600), so if
you have an emergency in boonies, you can roam.

6. Nice corporate discounts for those working at large companies where
such deals are in force.

7. Vision Service is Fixed price, and cheaper than most other carriers
($19.99 for similar service at Cingular)

8. Good capability to track your usage and bills on the web (except
during a month you change your plan, or if you have a shared minutes
plan). *4 also gives that information

9. 7 PM nights and weeks is a good deal for those folks with friends or
families living in a more easterly time zone.

10. Zero requirement for automatic billing from credit card or bank
account, although one can do that manually monthly on the web and save
postage.

11. Availability of free firmware updates on phones at Company stores.

==========================

I stay with Sprint because I like their National Plan, that if I'm 1000
miles away from home, every minute has free long distance. I like the
retention plan I'm on that gives me more minutes than I've ever used in
a month, so that I needn't closely track my useage. I have free 8 PM
nights and weekends, and use about 1000 minutes a month of those.
When I'm not changing phones or plans, SprintPCS works reliabily as does
billing, and where I am now, its likely cheaper than any plan I could
switch too.

However I will not give SprintPCS a pass or apologize for them when they
do something thats questionable or not customer friendly.
=========

Interestingly soon there may be more National Carriers rather than fewer
as a result of the Cingular-ATTWS merger, which might make one expect
one less company.

By this time next year AT&T will be again fielding a wireless service,
and MCI has indicated it wants to also, although they may (as Disney has
indicated it may) just run a plan similar to Virgin Wireless (which has
been a great success and helped keep SprintPCS afloat)

Thunder

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

> However I will not give SprintPCS a pass or apologize for them when they
> do something thats questionable or not customer friendly.
> =========

Thanks.. Just curious...I am happy with sprint..No real complaints.

Currently I have 1000 a/t with unl. n/w at 8pm @ $50
have the Sanyo 7300. National plan of course..

The pot trying to call the kettle black? Everything I wrote about you is
true. You're 'truth' is based on posts of only part the info 'you' think is
relevant and calling people who disagree with you a liar or an apologist.
Saying something, then saying you were wrong is not lying-it's being a man
and owning up to your own character. That's something you can't do-proven
by changing your ID more than 60 times. This isn't a flame, you just can't
take hearing what you are Philly.

Chris

> In article <s6Qic.584$m06.108@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:
>
> > He has Sprint, but denies he went to ATTWS and returned. He likes to
answer
> > his own posts with one of his other ID's. He likes to only post part of
the
> > info he quotes to cause arguments. By definition, he is a troll.
>
> Nope, by your unique definiton.
>
> I post TRUTH, and some of these blind SprintPCS apologists get upset
> about that.

They don't have anything called a National Plan you moron. Call it by it's
true name-Free & Clear America-the only true 'national' plan at SPCS.

Chris

> [...]
> nights and weekends, and use about 1000 minutes a month of those.
> When I'm not changing phones or plans, SprintPCS works reliabily as does
> billing, and where I am now, its likely cheaper than any plan I could
> switch too.
>
> However I will not give SprintPCS a pass or apologize for them when they
> do something thats questionable or not customer friendly.
> =========
>
> Interestingly soon there may be more National Carriers rather than fewer
> as a result of the Cingular-ATTWS merger, which might make one expect
> one less company.
>
> By this time next year AT&T will be again fielding a wireless service,
> and MCI has indicated it wants to also, although they may (as Disney has
> indicated it may) just run a plan similar to Virgin Wireless (which has
> been a great success and helped keep SprintPCS afloat)

Mike

Splendid

Chris Russell wrote:

> They don't have anything called a National Plan you moron. Call it by it's
> true name-Free & Clear America-the only true 'national' plan at SPCS.
>
> Chris

Actually, these days Free & Clear America is an attachable option. Plans
are either "Free & Clear Nationwide" or "Free & Clear Area-wide."
If I guess correctly at what you're trying to achieve, you'd want to get
a Free & Clear Nationwide plan, which has no roaming charges anywhere on
the Sprint PCS Nationwide Network (built from the ground up....) and
then attach a Free & Clear America option for either $5 or $10 to cover
your off-network usage.

-mike

Go here:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/servicePlansOptionsV2/NationwidePlans.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=1476623&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_SCID=ECOMM&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_PCode=None&CURRENT_USER%3C%3EATR_cartState=group&bmUID=1082909224887&planNavLocator=_Shop_plansCoverage_plansOptions_nationwidePlans_

See where the roaming option is Free & Clear America? It's still listed on
my bill as that even though I switched to the $50/700min/unlimited w/ $5 F &
C America option from the $45/400/1000 F& C America actual plan.
Nationwide meaning nationwide on SPCS system(not including roaming) which is
not a 'national plan' such as Cingular GAIT Nation or Verizon National
Single Rate. If you post info, use the right terminology and names. That's
all I would like to see. That's one of the problems with
Philippe/RobertM/cell merger, he gets lazy and is not accurate.

Chris

Chris

In article <b1Ric.612$EU6.115@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>,
"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:

> They don't have anything called a National Plan you moron. Call it by it's
> true name-Free & Clear America-the only true 'national' plan at SPCS.
>
> Chris

Again with the childish insults.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.)
<<Again with the childish insults. >>

Talking like that with a holier-than-thou attitude and provoking fights
between people by misquoting them and such will not get you into heaven,
Phillipe.

In article <lBRic.636$9a7.523@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>,
"Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:

> See where the roaming option is Free & Clear America? It's still listed on
> my bill as that even though I switched to the $50/700min/unlimited w/ $5 F &
> C America option from the $45/400/1000 F& C America actual plan.
> Nationwide meaning nationwide on SPCS system(not including roaming) which is
> not a 'national plan' such as Cingular GAIT Nation or Verizon National
> Single Rate. If you post info, use the right terminology and names. That's
> all I would like to see.

And then one wonders why new customers complain Sprint's pricing plans
are mainly designed to confuse folks?

In article <tUQic.18767$Gp.18650@fe1.columbus.rr.com>,
"thunder" <thunder@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> > However I will not give SprintPCS a pass or apologize for them when they
> > do something thats questionable or not customer friendly.
> > =========
>
> Thanks.. Just curious...I am happy with sprint..No real complaints.
>
> Currently I have 1000 a/t with unl. n/w at 8pm @ $50
> have the Sanyo 7300. National plan of course..

I have a lower priced deal that works better for me.

In article <h8Qic.11506$e4.1767@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
r2175 <razor@nospam.com> wrote:

> Dude,
> Your obsessing , get a grip.
> Your turning and informational post into a personal assault against Rob.
> Not too cool, take a break.

He's the one that says $27 million is "Not much at all"

rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<He's the one that says $27 million is "Not much at all" >>

And this bothers you why?

In article <J2Sic.11661$e4.2222@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Robert M. wrote:
>
> > ..
>
> Disappointing, incendiary, useless.
> -mike

Its the way the blind sprintpcs apologists here operate.

if they disagree with you or you dare post something that might hint
SprintPCS is less than perfect, you're either

a Liar

or a Moron.

When they're proven wrong, the next thing they do is start with the
childish insults. They especially dislike it when you post one of their
older posts that disproves what they're now saying.

> In article <J2Sic.11661$e4.2222@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
>
> > Robert M. wrote:
> >
> > > ..
> >
> > Disappointing, incendiary, useless.
> > -mike
>
> Its the way the blind sprintpcs apologists here operate.

The only blind one is the one who never admits his mistakes and lies;

Your lies:
Sprint offers the fewest phones of the top ten providers
AT&T was not capable of offering 7pm nights
AT&T would not match web prices at retail stores
Cingular paid over $50B for AT&TW
Sprint PCS would be out of business by the end of the year
Sprint has no team handling Retention
Cingular was liable for the break-in at a third party authorized dealer

> if they disagree with you or you dare post something that might hint
> SprintPCS is less than perfect, you're either
>
> a Liar

which you are

> or a Moron.

Two for two.

> When they're proven wrong, the next thing they do is start with the
> childish insults. They especially dislike it when you post one of their
> older posts that disproves what they're now saying.

No- they dislike the fact that you have been proven wrong time after time,
and can not admit your mistakes.

Mike

Splendid

Robert M. wrote:

> Its the way the blind sprintpcs apologists here operate.
>
> if they disagree with you or you dare post something that might hint
> SprintPCS is less than perfect, you're either
>
> a Liar
>
> or a Moron.
>

> When they're proven wrong, the next thing they do is start with the
> childish insults. They especially dislike it when you post one of their
> older posts that disproves what they're now saying.

So, what do you represent yourself as?
-mike

In article <UKSic.11766$e4.3801@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> Robert M. wrote:
>
> > Its the way the blind sprintpcs apologists here operate.
> >
> > if they disagree with you or you dare post something that might hint
> > SprintPCS is less than perfect, you're either
> >
> > a Liar
> >
> > or a Moron.
> >

> > When they're proven wrong, the next thing they do is start with the
> > childish insults. They especially dislike it when you post one of their
> > older posts that disproves what they're now saying.
>
> So, what do you represent yourself as?

A whistleblower.

> In article <UKSic.11766$e4.3801@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
> Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:
>
> > Robert M. wrote:
> >
> > > Its the way the blind sprintpcs apologists here operate.
> > >
> > > if they disagree with you or you dare post something that might hint
> > > SprintPCS is less than perfect, you're either
> > >
> > > a Liar
> > >
> > > or a Moron.
> > >

> > > When they're proven wrong, the next thing they do is start with the
> > > childish insults. They especially dislike it when you post one of
their
> > > older posts that disproves what they're now saying.
> >
> > So, what do you represent yourself as?
>
> A whistleblower.

Well, at least you got the blowing part right.

> In article <lBRic.636$9a7.523@newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>,
> "Chris Russell" <noone@nowhere.nospam> wrote:
>

> > See where the roaming option is Free & Clear America? It's still listed
on
> > my bill as that even though I switched to the $50/700min/unlimited w/ $5
F &
> > C America option from the $45/400/1000 F& C America actual plan.
> > Nationwide meaning nationwide on SPCS system(not including roaming)
which is
> > not a 'national plan' such as Cingular GAIT Nation or Verizon National
> > Single Rate. If you post info, use the right terminology and names.
That's
> > all I would like to see.
>
> And then one wonders why new customers complain Sprint's pricing plans
> are mainly designed to confuse folks?

Just who is complaining or confused Phillipe ... ?

Bob

Mike

Splendid

Robert M. wrote:

> A whistleblower.

Many people do what they do for a reason. What made you decide to become
a Sprint PCS whistleblower?
-mike

We know you're blowing something Philly and it ain't no whistle!

Chris