Restricted Area is $23 at GoGamer

Read what one of my co-reviewers, Megan Dyer, wrote about it here:

http://www.gamechronicles.com/reviews/pc/restricted/area.htm

She gives it 7 out of 10. I have played a little bit of it (about 2 hours
or maybe 4) and I agree with her bottom line - it doesn't do anything new,
but it's pretty fun if you liked Diablo/Diablo 2.

It's $22.90 at GoGamer for 48 hours:

http://tinyurl.com/avu49 [GoGamer.com]

Once a Gamer, Always a Gamer.

On 1 Jul 2005 00:26:05 GMT, Knight37 wrote:

> She gives it 7 out of 10. I have played a little bit of it (about 2 hours
> or maybe 4) and I agree with her bottom line - it doesn't do anything new,
> but it's pretty fun if you liked Diablo/Diablo 2.

Well, I'd give it a 6 out of 10, but ... numbers are not really sufficient
to express an opinion. I however disagree with the game being fun to those
that liked D2. It doesn't have most of what made D2 to the addictive
classic that it is ... especially in regard to items and randomization. RA
has almost zero replayability. It's far worse in that regard than Sacred.

Is there an English demo? If so, I recommend to everyone to look at it
first, and to not expect much more additional content.

M.

On that special day, Michael Vondung, (mvondung@gmail.com) said...

> Is there an English demo? If so, I recommend to everyone to look at it
> first, and to not expect much more additional content.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_8865.shtml

seems to be the only source for the English version. Still, there are
enough servers to pull from.

BTW: I wonder why the English version is considerably smaller than the
German one (342.34 MB vs 389.9 MB)

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

just so, at no cost.

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:37:59 +0200, Gabriele Neukam wrote:

> BTW: I wonder why the English version is considerably smaller than the
> German one (342.34 MB vs 389.9 MB)

Well, we (the Germans) *are* more verbose and have longer words. ;) I doubt
that accounts for the difference of over 40 compressed MBs, though!

M.

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 20:58:41 +0200, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:37:59 +0200, Gabriele Neukam wrote:
>
>> BTW: I wonder why the English version is considerably smaller than the
>> German one (342.34 MB vs 389.9 MB)
>
>Well, we (the Germans) *are* more verbose and have longer words. ;) I doubt
>that accounts for the difference of over 40 compressed MBs, though!
>
>M.

Probably changing all the blood to green is what does it. ;)

--
Michael Cecil
http://home.comcast.net/~macecil/

In article <11llc9jj5r5c2.1w1y0woqntj9l$.dlg@40tude.net>,
mvondung@gmail.com says...
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:37:59 +0200, Gabriele Neukam wrote:
>
> > BTW: I wonder why the English version is considerably smaller than the
> > German one (342.34 MB vs 389.9 MB)
>
> Well, we (the Germans) *are* more verbose and have longer words. ;) I doubt
> that accounts for the difference of over 40 compressed MBs, though!

Maybe there is more voice acting, though?

40MB is still a lot of audio.

- Gerry Quinn

On that special day, Gerry Quinn, (gerryq@DELETETHISindigo.ie) said...

> In article <11llc9jj5r5c2.1w1y0woqntj9l$.dlg@40tude.net>,
> mvondung@gmail.com says...
> > On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 16:37:59 +0200, Gabriele Neukam wrote:
> >
> > > BTW: I wonder why the English version is considerably smaller than the
> > > German one (342.34 MB vs 389.9 MB)
> >
> > Well, we (the Germans) *are* more verbose and have longer words. ;) I doubt
> > that accounts for the difference of over 40 compressed MBs, though!
>
> Maybe there is more voice acting, though?
>
> 40MB is still a lot of audio.

And non-Germans are supposed to play the demo like an ancient silent
movie? That would be some really bad promotion for the game.