System Service Exception - Computer Not Starting

goldensun87

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2012
I may have an idea of what is causing the error, and I intend to take care of it. But first I need to get my computer on. Please, is there anything I can do to get my system back on?

goldensun87

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2012
Fortunately, my computer turned on a few hours ago, and I (hopefully) removed the source(s) of the problem. I haven't gotten the BSOD since then, and hopefully I will not get it again for a long time. But why was my computer reluctant to boot after the BSOD? I used a 2003 desktop for almost 7 years, and no matter how many times I got the BSOD, that system always rebooted without a hitch. I feel like computers of today are more "fussy" and/or "moody" than before...

goldensun87

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2012

Lol, what happened was that, I tried to install a 6-core cpu into a pre-assembled HP desktop. That motherboard ultimately died. When the motherboard is no longer working, but the power supply and other parts are, everything will receive power, particularly the fans and the DVD/BD drives, but the computer will not start. See, that HP computer was sold with a dual core AMD cpu. My technician and I finally realized that, HP's motherboard, which was manufactured by Foxconn, simply was not durable enough to handle that 6-core cpu. It probably would not have been able to handle a quad core either xD . So, what I learned last year was that, mass produced computer hardware is built as cheaply as possible, and will most likely not be able to handle accompanying hardware that is more powerful than the parts it was intended to be assembled with.