MN-700 is frustrating!

Alright, heres the setup: I have a linksys wireless
router hooked up to my cable modem and I just bought an
MN-700 to serve as an "access point." The problem is, I
can't get the MN-700 to ask for DHCP settings over the
wireless network, only over a cable. It claims it
can "extend the range" of my existing wireless network,
but how can it do that if it has to be plugged INTO my
router?! Just wondering if anyone got this to work or if
it is even possible. I can watch the DHCP clients table
from the linksys and confirm my thoughts.

Thanks in advance for any help!

There is a diagram of the set-up in the User's Manual.

Yes, it's got to be hardwired to another wireless base
station. It extends the range of your wireless network
by allowing you to seperate two wireless base stations.

No, it won't act as a "repeater" (what you're looking for)
or a "game adapter". I've tried that. Sorry.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Repeater info is here. This is what you want...

=> http://www.wi-
fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/1571601

nasty wrap there:

"Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Repeater info is here. This is what you want...
>
> => http://www.wi-
> fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/1571601

Hey thanks a lot for the info. I basically returned my
MN-700 and traded it in for a linksys access point. This
*claims* to work just like i want it to.

Thank you again!

yiu have to go in and change the settings from a router
to a base station