From: Lawrence Glasser (lglasser@spamcop.net)
Subject: Re: Digit Dialing with Samsung A500 (Displaying Wrong Name when
Dialing)
Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Date: 2003-08-27 08:23:12 PST

Ben wrote:

> > I'm definitely interested in a response from Samsung.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Larry
>
> I just spoke with Jason at Level 2 support for Samsung. He duplicated the
> issue while I was on the phone and indicated he was not aware of it before.
> He took the information and informed me that it would be past on to Level 3
> support. He mentioned that a phone's life cycle is about a year and since
> the A500 has been out for a while, he was not sure how they would handle
> it...maybe another firmware update...not sure.
>
> I asked if they could get back with me when a decision was made and he said
> that is usually not policy, but he verified my contact information and was
> suppose to make that request.

Now *that* was a fast respone... Both Jason's *and* yours!

Because it is considered an old model, I'm not gonna hold
my breath, waiting for an update.

Fortunately, it's more of a "behind the scenes" bug, rather
than an "in your face" one.

Again, thanks for all the info!

Larry

From: Lawrence Glasser (lglasser@spamcop.net)
Subject: Re: A500 Calendar View: Complete Thread (2 articles)
Original FormatNewsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Date: 2004-03-08 11:55:09 PST

Lawrence Glasser wrote:

> Maybe I'm missing something...
>
> If I enter information into my Calendar, online, is there any
> way to get it to my phone, or does it just sit there, waiting
> for me to retrive it, online?
>
> (If this has been asked and answered, sorry for the repeat...
> My news server has a *very* short retention time.)
>
> Thanks!
>
> Larry

No answer? OK, it looks like I'll have to answer my own question. <g>

The answer is "no."

I just spoke to Tech Support. Apparently, the Calendar and my phone,
and the online Calendar, are two different systems.

Too bad... I think it'd be real nice to be able to access my online
Calendar while on the road.

Oh well.

Larry

=====================================

From: Lawrence Glasser (lglasser@spamcop.net)
Subject: Re: problem with Samsung SPH-A500 web browser
Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Date: 2003-08-13 07:21:46 PST

O/Siris wrote:

> Mark Anthony wrote:
> > when i got to log on to the web on my phone it "says sign in as" then
> > its no name. i know my user name should be there but its now. i go to
> > settings then display then greeting and put in user namee but i cant
> > seem to log on. it says error #97. my pw prompt is on never ask alo.
> > if someone could help me i would greatly appriciate it.
> >

> Basically, call us. On another cell phone. There's something teensy piece
> of login information already in the phone, and it's not right. Hence, you
> have no username on your phone (which is exactly what Error 97 means: no
> username). Call us. We'll instruct you on how to clean out the partial
> information, and then, when the phone tries to connect after that, it should
> download what it needs to connect.

I had the same problem, late last night.

From: Lawrence Glasser (lglasser@spamcop.net)
Subject: Re: Quick Rundown of phones...
Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
Date: 2003-08-14 01:16:37 PST

SprintPCS Tech wrote:

> This is by what should be available in most stores over the next month.
> Current handsets only:
>
> <snip>
>
> Samsung A500 - get past the bugs from the recent software update - good
> phone. Fair battery life.

What bugs? Bugs in WD29 or earlier?

Thanks!

Larry

"L. Glasser - LIAR" <aaaf@msn.com> wrote in message
> He claimed not to know about any problems with the problematic A500. He
> claimed to have only posted once on one minor issue.
>
> A google search quickly identified more. Here are 5

Kind of funny- none of them are connected. If this was such a widespread
probelm, wouldn't there be hundreds of related posts, not just 5 that might
qualify as small functionality issues?

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Is this how a good Christian boy is supposed to act? Name calling?
Impersonating other posters with id changes? For someone who is so
sensitive about foul language and using the Lord's name in vein, you are
making a poor case for Christians everywhere by your bad bahavior on
here.

I bet you make your mother proud.

"L. Glasser - LIAR" <aaaf@msn.com> wrote in message news:<aaaf-A61F86.18265525042004@news03.east.earthlink.net>...
> He claimed not to know about any problems with the problematic A500. He
> claimed to have only posted once on one minor issue.
>
> A google search quickly identified more. Here are 5

Funny, I only count 4.
But let's break them down.

> From: Lawrence Glasser (lglasser@spamcop.net)
> Subject: Re: Digit Dialing with Samsung A500 (Displaying Wrong Name when
> Dialing)
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
> Date: 2003-08-27 08:23:12 PST
>
> Ben wrote:
> >
> > > I'm definitely interested in a response from Samsung.
> > >
> > > Thanks!
> > >
> > > Larry
> >
> > I just spoke with Jason at Level 2 support for Samsung. He duplicated the
> > issue while I was on the phone and indicated he was not aware of it before.
> > He took the information and informed me that it would be past on to Level 3
> > support. He mentioned that a phone's life cycle is about a year and since
> > the A500 has been out for a while, he was not sure how they would handle
> > it...maybe another firmware update...not sure.
> >
> > I asked if they could get back with me when a decision was made and he said
> > that is usually not policy, but he verified my contact information and was
> > suppose to make that request.
>
> Now *that* was a fast respone... Both Jason's *and* yours!
>
> Because it is considered an old model, I'm not gonna hold
> my breath, waiting for an update.
>
> Fortunately, it's more of a "behind the scenes" bug, rather
> than an "in your face" one.
>
> Again, thanks for all the info!
>
> Larry

I'm throwing this one out because it doesn't even step into what the
issue was, was it the phone, was it a feature they didn't like, was it
a feature they thought it had and it didn't, was it the network?

Strike one.

> From: Lawrence Glasser (lglasser@spamcop.net)
> Subject: Re: A500 Calendar View: Complete Thread (2 articles)
> Original FormatNewsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
> Date: 2004-03-08 11:55:09 PST
>
> Lawrence Glasser wrote:
> >
> > Maybe I'm missing something...
> >
> > If I enter information into my Calendar, online, is there any
> > way to get it to my phone, or does it just sit there, waiting
> > for me to retrive it, online?
> >
> > (If this has been asked and answered, sorry for the repeat...
> > My news server has a *very* short retention time.)
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Larry
>
> No answer? OK, it looks like I'll have to answer my own question. <g>
>
> The answer is "no."
>
> I just spoke to Tech Support. Apparently, the Calendar and my phone,
> and the online Calendar, are two different systems.
>
> Too bad... I think it'd be real nice to be able to access my online
> Calendar while on the road.
>
> Oh well.
>
> Larry
>
> =====================================

So, you're saying a feature that some people thought was implemented
wasn't (and never was planned to) is a bug? Sorry, doesn't count.

Strike two.

> From: Lawrence Glasser (lglasser@spamcop.net)
> Subject: Re: problem with Samsung SPH-A500 web browser
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
> Date: 2003-08-13 07:21:46 PST
>
> O/Siris wrote:
> >
> > Mark Anthony wrote:
> > > when i got to log on to the web on my phone it "says sign in as" then
> > > its no name. i know my user name should be there but its now. i go to
> > > settings then display then greeting and put in user namee but i cant
> > > seem to log on. it says error #97. my pw prompt is on never ask alo.
> > > if someone could help me i would greatly appriciate it.
> > >

> > Basically, call us. On another cell phone. There's something teensy piece
> > of login information already in the phone, and it's not right. Hence, you
> > have no username on your phone (which is exactly what Error 97 means: no
> > username). Call us. We'll instruct you on how to clean out the partial
> > information, and then, when the phone tries to connect after that, it should
> > download what it needs to connect.
>
> I had the same problem, late last night.

Error #97 - Vision error and it can happen on any handset, not
exclusively the A500. We'll count this one out, too.

Strike three.

> From: Lawrence Glasser (lglasser@spamcop.net)
> Subject: Re: Quick Rundown of phones...
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs
> Date: 2003-08-14 01:16:37 PST
>
> SprintPCS Tech wrote:
> >
> > This is by what should be available in most stores over the next month.
> > Current handsets only:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Samsung A500 - get past the bugs from the recent software update - good
> > phone. Fair battery life.
>
> What bugs? Bugs in WD29 or earlier?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Larry

Bugs that were in the initial release of the software that were fixed
in later fixed in an update.

I can kinda count this one, but since it was fixed, it is no longer a
reliable argument.

Strike 4.

In article <7e761144.0404260521.4fbb97e9@posting.google.com>,
pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:

> I'm throwing this one out

No, you can't. He claimed he knew nothing about any issues with the A500
and hadn't posted about them.

The posts prove otherwise.

I'm not claiming he agreed with the problems, I'm just posting his posts
to PROVE he was lying to claim he knew nothing about any issues.

"Robert M." wrote:

> In article <7e761144.0404260521.4fbb97e9@posting.google.com>,
> pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
>
> > I'm throwing this one out
>
> No, you can't. He claimed he knew nothing about any issues with the A500
> and hadn't posted about them.
>
> The posts prove otherwise.
>
> I'm not claiming he agreed with the problems, I'm just posting his posts
> to PROVE he was lying to claim he knew nothing about any issues.

I can only hope that you're either giving your kid(s) lots of money,
right now, or will leave him/her/them lots when you're gone.

They're in for a world of therapy.

Larry

In article <408D3511.7B73EB29@spamcop.net>,
Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:

> "Robert M." wrote:
> >
> > In article <7e761144.0404260521.4fbb97e9@posting.google.com>,
> > pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
> >
> > > I'm throwing this one out
> >
> > No, you can't. He claimed he knew nothing about any issues with the A500
> > and hadn't posted about them.
> >
> > The posts prove otherwise.
> >
> > I'm not claiming he agreed with the problems, I'm just posting his posts
> > to PROVE he was lying to claim he knew nothing about any issues.
>
> I can only hope that you're either giving your kid(s) lots of money,
> right now, or will leave him/her/them lots when you're gone.
>
> They're in for a world of therapy.

Nope they got 1525 on their SAT, and then Phi Beta Kappa with 3.86 Grade
Point on Full Scholarships.

They're smart like me. I remember when you posted something that you LIE
about now. I also remember when Smith posted about Lauer promising to
win at WLNP, and then now claiming he didnt.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<Nope they got 1525 on their SAT, and then Phi Beta Kappa with 3.86
Grade Point on Full Scholarships.
They're smart like me.>>

Bragging... that's not very Christian of you, Phillipe. Aren't you
supposed to be humble like Jesus?

Plus if they were really that smart, they would have disowned you by
now... unless they really are test tube babies.

Eric

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<Nope they got 1525 on their SAT, and then Phi Beta Kappa with 3.86
Grade Point on Full Scholarships.
They're smart like me. >>

"They"? All of your children got the exact same SAT score and gpa?
Pretty amazing.

"Robert M." wrote:

> In article <408D3511.7B73EB29@spamcop.net>,
> Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
> > "Robert M." wrote:

> > > No, you can't. He claimed he knew nothing about any issues with the A500
> > > and hadn't posted about them.
> > >
> > > The posts prove otherwise.
> > >
> > > I'm not claiming he agreed with the problems, I'm just posting his posts
> > > to PROVE he was lying to claim he knew nothing about any issues.
> >
> > I can only hope that you're either giving your kid(s) lots of money,
> > right now, or will leave him/her/them lots when you're gone.
> >
> > They're in for a world of therapy.
>
> Nope they got 1525 on their SAT, and then Phi Beta Kappa with 3.86 Grade
> Point on Full Scholarships.
>
> They're smart like me. I remember when you posted something that you LIE
> about now. I also remember when Smith posted about Lauer promising to
> win at WLNP, and then now claiming he didnt.

Very impressive. Smart kids.

In article <408D4074.A9747EC4@spamcop.net>,
Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:

> "Robert M." wrote:
> >
> > In article <408D3511.7B73EB29@spamcop.net>,
> > Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:

> > > I can only hope that you're either giving your kid(s) lots of money,
> > > right now, or will leave him/her/them lots when you're gone.
> > >
> > > They're in for a world of therapy.
> >
> > Nope they got 1525 on their SAT, and then Phi Beta Kappa with 3.86 Grade
> > Point on Full Scholarships.
> >
> > They're smart like me. I remember when you posted something that you LIE
> > about now. I also remember when Smith posted about Lauer promising to
> > win at WLNP, and then now claiming he didnt.
>
> Very impressive. Smart kids.
>
> They're in for a world of therapy.

Don't generalize from your own situation to everyone else.

"Robert M." wrote:

> In article <408D4074.A9747EC4@spamcop.net>,
> Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:
>
> > "Robert M." wrote:

> > > Nope they got 1525 on their SAT, and then Phi Beta Kappa with 3.86 Grade
> > > Point on Full Scholarships.
> > >
> > > They're smart like me. I remember when you posted something that you LIE
> > > about now. I also remember when Smith posted about Lauer promising to
> > > win at WLNP, and then now claiming he didnt.
> >
> > Very impressive. Smart kids.
> >
> > They're in for a world of therapy.
>
> Don't generalize from your own situation to everyone else.

Your definition of "smart" is extremely one dimensional.

While high SAT scores, a good memory, etc. are one definition, the ability
to function in the real world by getting along with people, among other
things, is also part of being "smart."

Clearly, an aspect that you haven't accomplished.

Larry