Sign in with
Your question

Desktop/Laptop Ethernet Cable Connection Problem

Last response: in Networking
February 23, 2013 3:44:27 PM

Ok, so I have a desktop computer for gaming and a laptop, but when I was assembling my desktop I didn't put in a wireless card thing so i've been able to get internet since by connecting my desktop and laptop (which has wireless) with an Ethernet cable and everything has been fine.

Apart from a few days ago when it all stopped working, my laptop works fine as does my desktop but the desktop and laptop can't seem to connect anymore. I figure that the ethernet cable is broken and today I go buy a new one but I still have the same problem.

I've checked device manager nothing is turned off and google hasn't been able to get me any further, any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks.
February 24, 2013 11:55:40 AM

If it's any help I reset my laptop completely to get rid all the junk that's accumulated on it, so i'm not sure if this might have somehow contributed to started the problem.
February 24, 2013 12:32:41 PM

goto Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network and Sharing Center
and does it list your Local Area Connection?
also press change adapter setting and make sure the adapter is not disable

also press the start menu and in the search program type cmd
and type ipconfig /all
and post the result here

Related resources
February 24, 2013 1:25:43 PM

Ok I went on Control Panel and as I checked to make sure the adapter wasn't disabled, I had a quick look around properties and on the sharing tab I realised I hadn't enabled sharing internet connection through on my laptop, after enabling that it's working fine.

I completely forgot to do this after I wiped my laptop back to factory.

Thanks for the help. :) 
August 25, 2013 8:05:59 PM

i hav ethernet connection problm in my laptop, i did same what u told i figure that, theres a prblm in media state.. media disconnected is written over here whai does tht mean?
!