SprintPCS 'fixing' the usage shown on shared plans??

Last response: in Network Providers
April 25, 2004 8:28:21 PM

I've been unable to check the usage on any of the phones on my plan
for the last week. SPCS said that it was because they had installed a
'fix' that would allow the 4 shared phones to show PCS2PCS minutes
used like my main phone does. That represented a 'change' to my plan
and I would be able to see usage after the plan month rolled last
night.

Well, I've talked to all 4 of the other phones today, and none of them
show any PCS2PCS minutes (hours after the calls). Furthermore,
several of them show AT minutes used, even tho the month rolled on a
**Saturday** night (I have unlimted N&W, too).

Something tells me the 'fix' didn't fix anything....
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:45:02 AM

"Gprestonian" <gandalf@dellmail.com> wrote in message
> I've been unable to check the usage on any of the phones on my plan
> for the last week. SPCS said that it was because they had installed a
> 'fix' that would allow the 4 shared phones to show PCS2PCS minutes
> used like my main phone does. That represented a 'change' to my plan
> and I would be able to see usage after the plan month rolled last
> night.
>
> Well, I've talked to all 4 of the other phones today, and none of them
> show any PCS2PCS minutes (hours after the calls). Furthermore,
> several of them show AT minutes used, even tho the month rolled on a
> **Saturday** night (I have unlimted N&W, too).
>
> Something tells me the 'fix' didn't fix anything....

Don't know why you have a problem showing the breakout of minutes while
checking current usage. For our three phones, I see the following info on
our three phones. I've edited out the names and telephone numbers. This
won't render right from the HTML pages, but you will get the drift. I'm on a
1200 minute plan, where we've only used 316 AT minutes and 884 AT minutes
remaining. You will see the breakout of PCS2PCS for each phone.

MINUTES IN PLAN 1200 316 884 0
OFF-PEAK OPTION UNLIMITED 83 UNLIMITED -
PCS TO PCS CALLING MINUTES UNLIMITED 143 UNLIMITED -

Current Usage (My Phone) for704–XXX=XXXX Minute Usage Included Used
Remaining Additional Used
MINUTES IN PLAN (Shared) 222 (Shared) (Shared)
OFF-PEAK OPTION (Shared) 30 (Shared) (Shared)
SPRINT PCS TO PCS CALLING MINUTES (Shared) 46 (Shared) (Shared)

Other Usage
WIRELESS WEB MESSAGES UNLIMITED 1 UNLIMITED -

-----

Current Usage (Wife's Phone) | 704-XXX-XXXX Sign off

To view usage for another PCS Phone on this account, select the number from
the drop-down list above.

Invoice period: April 13, 2004 - May 12, 2004
Current as of: Apr 26, 2004, 12:31 AM, Greenwich Mean Time
Shared Usage Minute Usage Included Used Remaining Additional Used
MINUTES IN PLAN 1200 316 884 0
OFF-PEAK OPTION UNLIMITED 83 UNLIMITED -
PCS TO PCS CALLING MINUTES UNLIMITED 143 UNLIMITED -

Usage for704–XXX-XXXX Minute Usage Included Used Remaining Additional Used
MINUTES IN PLAN (Shared) 21 (Shared) (Shared)
OFF-PEAK OPTION (Shared) 0 (Shared) (Shared)
SPRINT PCS TO PCS CALLING MINUTES (Shared) 45 (Shared) (Shared)

----

Current Usage (Daughter's Phone) | 704-XXX-XXXX Sign off

To view usage for another PCS Phone on this account, select the number from
the drop-down list above.

Invoice period: April 13, 2004 - May 12, 2004
Current as of: Apr 26, 2004, 12:32 AM, Greenwich Mean Time
Shared Usage Minute Usage Included Used Remaining Additional Used
MINUTES IN PLAN 1200 316 884 0
OFF-PEAK OPTION UNLIMITED 83 UNLIMITED -
PCS TO PCS CALLING MINUTES UNLIMITED 143 UNLIMITED -

Usage for704–XXX-XXXX Minute Usage Included Used Remaining Additional Used
MINUTES IN PLAN (Shared) 73 (Shared) (Shared)
OFF-PEAK OPTION (Shared) 53 (Shared) (Shared)
SPRINT PCS TO PCS CALLING MINUTES (Shared) 52 (Shared) (Shared)

Other Usage
WIRELESS WEB MESSAGES UNLIMITED 0 UNLIMITED -

As you can see, the PCS2PCS is broken out for each phone number.

Bob
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:45:03 AM

Yup. I've never been able to see the PCS2PCS minutes on the shared
phones on my plan. 'It cannot be done', sayeth the CSRs, although
I've seen numerous other plans that can. It's just a setting
somewhere, and they seem to be clueless about it.

What's worse, the total plan section shows different totals at times
when I select different phones on the plan.

I have a $150 / 4500 min plan from Christmas, 2002.

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<iYYic.12616$e4.1354@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> As you can see, the PCS2PCS is broken out for each phone number.
>
> Bob
April 26, 2004 5:22:42 AM

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:41:27 PM

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 6:40:19 PM

Also, I had actually been able to see the PCS2PCS minutes on one of
the phones, starting ~3/20, 4 days before my month rolls. The CSR
told me that the change took place in March, but could not explain why
it took almost a month for it to make it impossible for me to see any
usage on site.

I was also told that it was 'corporate' that made the change, and that
neither the several CSRs I spoke to, nor their supervisors, could make
the change so that it affect the other 3 phones on the plan.

"Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<iYYic.12616$e4.1354@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...

> As you can see, the PCS2PCS is broken out for each phone number.
>
> Bob
April 29, 2004 3:33:19 PM

Same with me - I had the same problem where the 2nd phone on a Add a
Phone plan did not have accurate minutes reported on the web site.
After this fix (3/29 on my plan) and after the month roll, it now
correctly reports the breakdown in shared minutes (PCS2PCS vs. regular
minutes). It's about time!

gandalf@dellmail.com (Gprestonian) wrote in message news:<73777020.0404261340.6584318d@posting.google.com>...
> Also, I had actually been able to see the PCS2PCS minutes on one of
> the phones, starting ~3/20, 4 days before my month rolls. The CSR
> told me that the change took place in March, but could not explain why
> it took almost a month for it to make it impossible for me to see any
> usage on site.
>
> I was also told that it was 'corporate' that made the change, and that
> neither the several CSRs I spoke to, nor their supervisors, could make
> the change so that it affect the other 3 phones on the plan.
>
> "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:<iYYic.12616$e4.1354@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net>...
> >
> > As you can see, the PCS2PCS is broken out for each phone number.
> >
> > Bob
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 12:23:40 AM

In article <c89b70c4.0404291033.7df42d77@posting.google.com>,
googlegroups@emailjunk.com (Ross) wrote:

> Same with me - I had the same problem where the 2nd phone on a Add a
> Phone plan did not have accurate minutes reported on the web site.
> After this fix (3/29 on my plan) and after the month roll, it now
> correctly reports the breakdown in shared minutes (PCS2PCS vs. regular
> minutes). It's about time!

Now if they could show Data usage.......
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 12:50:35 AM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> In article <c89b70c4.0404291033.7df42d77@posting.google.com>,
> googlegroups@emailjunk.com (Ross) wrote:
>
> > Same with me - I had the same problem where the 2nd phone on a Add a
> > Phone plan did not have accurate minutes reported on the web site.
> > After this fix (3/29 on my plan) and after the month roll, it now
> > correctly reports the breakdown in shared minutes (PCS2PCS vs. regular
> > minutes). It's about time!
>
> Now if they could show Data usage.......

Tracking data usage doesn't matter for 95% of the users out there. It's only
the people not subscribing to Vision who might want to track it, and once
they get their bill and find out it's a lot cheap just to subscribe to
Vision, they will.

It can be tracked on the phone itself, via ##786, OK, Save Phone #. Granted,
it's a lifetime tracker, but one can track the data use that way.

Bob
!