Handspring treo 300

Last response: in Network Providers
April 26, 2004 2:01:58 AM

What do you think about hanspring treo 300 ? I need your input on the
device.

More about : handspring treo 300

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:52:32 AM

<dewji@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> What do you think about hanspring treo 300 ? I need your input on the
> device.

You can find lots of feedback on the phone, if you do a google search. You
might also go to phonescoop.com and read the reviews on the model as well.

Finally, fix your computer clock. It's a bit late ...

Bob
April 26, 2004 5:15:04 AM

dewji@sbcglobal.net wrote:

> What do you think about hanspring treo 300 ? I need your input on the
> device.

My experience over three months was that it was a poor implementation of
a good design that was in turn based on a great idea. The phone is
fragile, but has a good, fast browser, but suffers from little SMS and
download support. Eudora was a little sketchy on the thing. Great sound.
Seriously one of the best sounding phones I've ever had. Battery was
okay, though that might be because I had a charging USB cable, so it was
on external power much of the day. Keyboarding was quite pleasant,
though some combinations were tedious. More consideration should have
gone into reducing the number keypresses needed for the most common
functions. The speed dial was a very good feature. Where I was living at
the time, coverage was everywhere. I had a 30sec dead spot in one place,
and a 10 sec dead spot in another. Everywhere else, I was good. Avoid
this phone if you're at all rough on phones. Durability is not up to
front pocket carry.

First, get insurance coverage. Next get a very good case.

I miss the PDA a lot, but I think I'll stay with conventional phones a
little longer. Maybe the Samsung I-550 is in my future.
-mike
April 26, 2004 4:37:46 PM

In article <soZic.9415$eZ5.5407@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

> dewji@sbcglobal.net wrote:
>
> > What do you think about hanspring treo 300 ? I need your input on the
> > device.
> >

> My experience over three months was that it was a poor implementation of
> a good design that was in turn based on a great idea. The phone is
> fragile, but has a good, fast browser, but suffers from little SMS and
> download support. Eudora was a little sketchy on the thing. Great sound.

I had folks I called argue with me that I wasn't calling from a cell
phone it sounds so good.

> Seriously one of the best sounding phones I've ever had. Battery was
> okay, though that might be because I had a charging USB cable, so it was
> on external power much of the day.

Sealed internal battery makes it impossible to carry a spare as you can
with Samsung Palm Phones.

> Keyboarding was quite pleasant,
> though some combinations were tedious. More consideration should have
> gone into reducing the number keypresses needed for the most common
> functions. The speed dial was a very good feature. Where I was living at
> the time, coverage was everywhere. I had a 30sec dead spot in one place,
> and a 10 sec dead spot in another. Everywhere else, I was good. Avoid
> this phone if you're at all rough on phones. Durability is not up to
> front pocket carry.
>
> First, get insurance coverage. Next get a very good case.
>
> I miss the PDA a lot, but I think I'll stay with conventional phones a
> little longer. Maybe the Samsung I-550 is in my future.
> -mike

Some very good deals available now for Treo 300. CompUSA had it for
$99.99 a few weeks back after rebates. Check around. At $99.99 its a
good deal. When I bought it at $499.99, I returned it after 2 weeks, as
if it hit a dead zone and lost signal, it would have to be hard booted
to ever get a signal again. A ROYAL PAIN.
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 2:09:02 AM

I had one for a two months and gave it up for a Toshiba VM4050 and a Palm
Tungsten T. I wholly agree that the Treo 300 was a great idea, but a horror in
application. The sound to me was so bad I had to use the speakerphone up
against my ear at full volume just to hear anything. The key pad is a nice idea
but to input a number (like a code when you telephone someone) requires two
steps. The display, while color no way comes close to my Toshiba. The Palm part
is great. I'm a big Palm fan and the Treo 300 as a pda is as good if not better
in some areas as any Palm I've owned. The phone part is a nightmare. Plus I had
it with Sprint and to access my AOL mail, I was charged $1.50 each time for
wireless charges even after I paid $20.00 for a program. Maybe the Treo 600 has
improved, but I had enough in those two months not to try it.
!