Handspring treo 300

What do you think about hanspring treo 300 ? I need your input on the
device.
4 answers Last reply
More about handspring treo

    <dewji@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    > What do you think about hanspring treo 300 ? I need your input on the
    > device.

    You can find lots of feedback on the phone, if you do a google search. You
    might also go to phonescoop.com and read the reviews on the model as well.

    Finally, fix your computer clock. It's a bit late ...

    Bob

    dewji@sbcglobal.net wrote:

    > What do you think about hanspring treo 300 ? I need your input on the
    > device.

    My experience over three months was that it was a poor implementation of
    a good design that was in turn based on a great idea. The phone is
    fragile, but has a good, fast browser, but suffers from little SMS and
    download support. Eudora was a little sketchy on the thing. Great sound.
    Seriously one of the best sounding phones I've ever had. Battery was
    okay, though that might be because I had a charging USB cable, so it was
    on external power much of the day. Keyboarding was quite pleasant,
    though some combinations were tedious. More consideration should have
    gone into reducing the number keypresses needed for the most common
    functions. The speed dial was a very good feature. Where I was living at
    the time, coverage was everywhere. I had a 30sec dead spot in one place,
    and a 10 sec dead spot in another. Everywhere else, I was good. Avoid
    this phone if you're at all rough on phones. Durability is not up to
    front pocket carry.

    First, get insurance coverage. Next get a very good case.

    I miss the PDA a lot, but I think I'll stay with conventional phones a
    little longer. Maybe the Samsung I-550 is in my future.
    -mike

    In article <soZic.9415$eZ5.5407@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Mike <spamtrap@zbuffer.com> wrote:

    > dewji@sbcglobal.net wrote:
    >
    > > What do you think about hanspring treo 300 ? I need your input on the
    > > device.
    > >

    > My experience over three months was that it was a poor implementation of
    > a good design that was in turn based on a great idea. The phone is
    > fragile, but has a good, fast browser, but suffers from little SMS and
    > download support. Eudora was a little sketchy on the thing. Great sound.

    I had folks I called argue with me that I wasn't calling from a cell
    phone it sounds so good.

    > Seriously one of the best sounding phones I've ever had. Battery was
    > okay, though that might be because I had a charging USB cable, so it was
    > on external power much of the day.

    Sealed internal battery makes it impossible to carry a spare as you can
    with Samsung Palm Phones.

    > Keyboarding was quite pleasant,
    > though some combinations were tedious. More consideration should have
    > gone into reducing the number keypresses needed for the most common
    > functions. The speed dial was a very good feature. Where I was living at
    > the time, coverage was everywhere. I had a 30sec dead spot in one place,
    > and a 10 sec dead spot in another. Everywhere else, I was good. Avoid
    > this phone if you're at all rough on phones. Durability is not up to
    > front pocket carry.
    >
    > First, get insurance coverage. Next get a very good case.
    >
    > I miss the PDA a lot, but I think I'll stay with conventional phones a
    > little longer. Maybe the Samsung I-550 is in my future.
    > -mike

    Some very good deals available now for Treo 300. CompUSA had it for
    $99.99 a few weeks back after rebates. Check around. At $99.99 its a
    good deal. When I bought it at $499.99, I returned it after 2 weeks, as
    if it hit a dead zone and lost signal, it would have to be hard booted
    to ever get a signal again. A ROYAL PAIN.

    I had one for a two months and gave it up for a Toshiba VM4050 and a Palm
    Tungsten T. I wholly agree that the Treo 300 was a great idea, but a horror in
    application. The sound to me was so bad I had to use the speakerphone up
    against my ear at full volume just to hear anything. The key pad is a nice idea
    but to input a number (like a code when you telephone someone) requires two
    steps. The display, while color no way comes close to my Toshiba. The Palm part
    is great. I'm a big Palm fan and the Treo 300 as a pda is as good if not better
    in some areas as any Palm I've owned. The phone part is a nightmare. Plus I had
    it with Sprint and to access my AOL mail, I was charged $1.50 each time for
    wireless charges even after I paid $20.00 for a program. Maybe the Treo 600 has
    improved, but I had enough in those two months not to try it.

Sprint PCS Treo Devices Internet Service Providers