USB data cable for Sanyo SCP-8100

Last week I bought a Sanyo SCP-8100 to replace my Samsung A460. Since
the SCP-8100 has a camera, I bought the USB data cable to allow me to
tranfer the pictures off. So far, I haven't bee able to figure out
how to do this. Is there a way? If there is, someone please tell me
what it is. I cannot imagine that Sprint would require it's customers
to pay for an additional service to use a feature built into the
phone.
11 answers Last reply
More about data cable sanyo 8100

    afsinclair@optonline.net (Andrew S.) wrote in message news:<5bacf343.0404251813.5cbcab87@posting.google.com>...
    > Last week I bought a Sanyo SCP-8100 to replace my Samsung A460. Since
    > the SCP-8100 has a camera, I bought the USB data cable to allow me to
    > tranfer the pictures off. So far, I haven't bee able to figure out
    > how to do this. Is there a way? If there is, someone please tell me
    > what it is. I cannot imagine that Sprint would require it's customers
    > to pay for an additional service to use a feature built into the
    > phone.

    You can get the pictures off using FutureDial's SnapMedia software.
    (you also need to make sure you have drivers for your cable installed,
    which can be found on the FutureDial website) For calendar and
    phonebook stuff, I like using BitPim, but it doesn't support pictures
    or ringers in its current version.

    If this response is correct I would sure like to hear more. I have had
    several email conversations with FutureDial and they continue to say their
    sw doesn't support the 8100 and they have no plan to do so (for downloading
    pictures.) I have the cable and I have Snap Media.

    --
    Have a nice day.
    Alvin B. Ginsburg

    "Al Ginsburg" <alginsb@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > If this response is correct I would sure like to hear more. I have had
    > several email conversations with FutureDial and they continue to say
    their
    > sw doesn't support the 8100 and they have no plan to do so (for
    downloading
    > pictures.) I have the cable and I have Snap Media.

    Their site says they support an 8100, per the following link -
    http://futuredial.com/matrix/M_Sanyo.htm . Now, in saying that I believe
    SnapMedia only works one way, to download pics from the phone to the
    computer, not to send pics from the computer to the phone.

    Bob

    Datapilot works both ways, up and down with pictures, ringtones and address
    book. It also allows use of the phone to be used as a modem. All for $34.95,
    it sounds like a great price.

    In article <5be1fc5ef81a06e0f71522efedca55b6@news.teranews.com>,
    "Peterbilt" <amazon-bitch@NO-SPAMeudoramail.com> wrote:

    > Datapilot works both ways, up and down with pictures, ringtones and address
    > book. It also allows use of the phone to be used as a modem. All for $34.95,
    > it sounds like a great price.
    >
    > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    >
    > "Al Ginsburg" <alginsb@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > If this response is correct I would sure like to hear more. I have had
    > > several email conversations with FutureDial and they continue to say
    > their
    > > sw doesn't support the 8100 and they have no plan to do so (for
    > downloading
    > > pictures.) I have the cable and I have Snap Media.
    >
    > Their site says they support an 8100, per the following link -
    > http://futuredial.com/matrix/M_Sanyo.htm . Now, in saying that I believe
    > SnapMedia only works one way, to download pics from the phone to the
    > computer, not to send pics from the computer to the phone.

    SnapSynch works fine for me to send pics to use for Photo callerID on my
    Sanyo RL2500. PC to Phone.

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > In article <5be1fc5ef81a06e0f71522efedca55b6@news.teranews.com>,
    > "Peterbilt" <amazon-bitch@NO-SPAMeudoramail.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Datapilot works both ways, up and down with pictures, ringtones and
    address
    > > book. It also allows use of the phone to be used as a modem. All for
    $34.95,
    > > it sounds like a great price.
    > >
    > > "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Al Ginsburg" <alginsb@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > > If this response is correct I would sure like to hear more. I have
    had
    > > > several email conversations with FutureDial and they continue to say
    > > their
    > > > sw doesn't support the 8100 and they have no plan to do so (for
    > > downloading
    > > > pictures.) I have the cable and I have Snap Media.
    > >
    > > Their site says they support an 8100, per the following link -
    > > http://futuredial.com/matrix/M_Sanyo.htm . Now, in saying that I believe
    > > SnapMedia only works one way, to download pics from the phone to the
    > > computer, not to send pics from the computer to the phone.
    >
    > SnapSynch works fine for me to send pics to use for Photo callerID on my
    > Sanyo RL2500. PC to Phone.

    SnapSync does not do pics. SnapMedia does though.

    Bob

    Where can I get this?

    "WALDO" <WALDO@WALDOLand.com> wrote in message
    > Where can I get this?
    >
    > "Peterbilt" <amazon-bitch@NO-SPAMeudoramail.com> wrote in message
    > > Datapilot works both ways, up and down with pictures, ringtones and
    address
    > > book. It also allows use of the phone to be used as a modem. All for
    $34.95,
    > > it sounds like a great price.

    http://www.datapilot.com/index.htm
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    www.datapilot.com

    I used it for my Sanyo 8100 and when I got my RL2000 I was happy to see that
    they use the same connection so I didn't have to buy another cable. I think
    they sell connectors for Palm PDAs to connect to the phones as well, that
    could be handy.

    "WALDO" <WALDO@WALDOLand.com> wrote in message
    Where can I get this?

    "Peterbilt" <amazon-bitch@NO-SPAMeudoramail.com> wrote in message
    > Datapilot works both ways, up and down with pictures, ringtones and
    address
    > book. It also allows use of the phone to be used as a modem. All for
    $34.95,
    > it sounds like a great price.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Bob Smith" <usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote in message

    > "Al Ginsburg" <alginsb@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > > If this response is correct I would sure like to hear more. I have had
    > > several email conversations with FutureDial and they continue to say
    > their
    > > sw doesn't support the 8100 and they have no plan to do so (for
    > downloading
    > > pictures.) I have the cable and I have Snap Media.
    >
    > Their site says they support an 8100, per the following link -
    > http://futuredial.com/matrix/M_Sanyo.htm . Now, in saying that I believe
    > SnapMedia only works one way, to download pics from the phone to the
    > computer, not to send pics from the computer to the phone.
    >
    > Bob

    SnapMedia works two ways: one, it transfers pictures from the phones picture
    wallet to your PC, and two, transfers pictures (that you can crop and resize
    in SnapMedia) to your phone (to use as a screen saver or picture caller ID,
    the pictures will appear in the ''PC sync'' folder). Menu, 9, 1 .... on the
    8100.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I just got rid on 2 Sanyo 8100 phones and used FutureDial SnapSync and
    SnapMedia for moths with both phones.

    Both products fully support the 8100.

    On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 17:10:11 -0400, "Al Ginsburg"
    <alginsb@bellsouth.net> wrote:

    >If this response is correct I would sure like to hear more. I have had
    >several email conversations with FutureDial and they continue to say their
    >sw doesn't support the 8100 and they have no plan to do so (for downloading
    >pictures.) I have the cable and I have Snap Media.

Sprint PCS Sanyo USB Cable Internet Service Providers Product