Might & Magic6 - Help w/Kriegspire Castle

Hi,
I can't figure out how to open the door that leads to the chest with
the Jeveled Egg. I've killed everything in the castle and went
everywhere several times, can't figure it out? Can anyone help?

Also, where in Kriegspire Castle is Desmond Waller? I'm after
Master Bow, but can't find him?
Thanks much.
Tucsonjim

nick

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On 3 Jul 2005 12:20:13 -0700, in comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.rpg, "tucsonjim"
<jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote:

>Also, where in Kriegspire Castle is Desmond Waller? I'm after
>Master Bow, but can't find him?

Been a while and my memory is hazy, but he might be one of the ones reached
from a balcony on the _outside_ of the castle. You'll need to fly to get up
there.

--
Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

TANSTAAFL! (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch!) R.A.H.

"tucsonjim" <jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote in news:1120418413.368447.106150
@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

> Hi,
> I can't figure out how to open the door that leads to the chest with
> the Jeveled Egg. I've killed everything in the castle and went
> everywhere several times, can't figure it out? Can anyone help?

I think that one is a bug in the last patch. There is a door you can't
open, the egg is behind it :-(

Nick,
Your were right, I flew up to the 2nd story and found Desmond Waller,
unfortunately he says I need to be a Battle Mage to be make MASTER BOW,
so I'll have to work on that and come back, but at least I know how to
reach him now.

By the way, do you happen to know if the statuettes need to be placed
in a certain order, i.e., the bear at Bootleg Bay, the tiger at
Keiegspire, etc. or can any statuette go to any of the 5 locations?
Thanks
Tucsonjim

Thomas,
Thanks for pointing that out. Do you know if the patch fixes that, and
can I add the patch midgame? Or will that mess up what I've already
done?
Thanks
Tucsonjim

"tucsonjim" <jim@kanewebdesign.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I can't figure out how to open the door that leads to the chest with
> the Jeveled Egg. I've killed everything in the castle and went
> everywhere several times, can't figure it out? Can anyone help?
>
> Also, where in Kriegspire Castle is Desmond Waller? I'm after
> Master Bow, but can't find him?

The bow master is outside of Kriegspire... there is a door in one of the
towers that you fly to.

As for not being able to open the door... thats a bug in the game.

There is a workaround for the bug that involves temporarily using an older
version of MM6.exe. You can read about the bug and download the old version
of MM6.exe at:
http://www.keytech.com/~klar/MM6/MM6Fix/MM6_Fix.html

> Nick,
> Your were right, I flew up to the 2nd story and found Desmond Waller,
> unfortunately he says I need to be a Battle Mage to be make MASTER BOW,
> so I'll have to work on that and come back, but at least I know how to
> reach him now.
>
> By the way, do you happen to know if the statuettes need to be placed
> in a certain order, i.e., the bear at Bootleg Bay, the tiger at
> Keiegspire, etc. or can any statuette go to any of the 5 locations?

I am pretty sure you just "USE" the pillar and it will take the correct
statue from your inventory (if you have it) and place it on the pillar