Major SprintPCS price Increase ??

Last response: in Network Providers
April 26, 2004 2:46:49 PM

I believe all phones SprintPCS now sells are "Vision" phones. Or is
there one model out of 20 that isn't?

Sprint just raised the price $270 on those phones by now requiring that
one subscribe to Vision

In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> full 18 months to qualify.

{ for the rebate } and also 2 year contract.

Isn't every phone a Vision phone? So Sprint just raised prices by
$15/month for every user buying a phone through Sprint ?

$15 times 18 months = $270

Some find Vision too slow to be of any use, and come new phone purchase
time, will be "encouraged" by SprintPCS to change providers with this
Customer Unfriendly policy/price increase. By adding $15 to the cost of
one's plan (plus tax); Sprint just made itself more expensive than
Verizon for those that don't want or need Internet over their micro
screen.

Hopefully like charging for *2, this won't last long.

Is SprintPCS now going to try and force users of ReadyLink phones to pay
for that service too, whether they want it or not?

And are PictureCam users going to be required to buy PictureMail? ,
which still restricted to work with other SprintPCS phones.

==================

I hope this is again something that Vargas got wrong.
April 26, 2004 2:46:50 PM

<<But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the full 18 months
to qualify.
{ for the rebate } and also 2 year contract.
Isn't every phone a Vision phone? So Sprint just raised prices by
$15/month for every user buying a phone through Sprint ? >>

I did notice this on the mail-in rebate forms for the 18 month handset
upgrade program. The rebate form clearly states that in order to
qualify for the rebate, a 2-year agreement must be agreed to, as well as
a Vision plan (if you get a Vision phone) for the duration.

Of course, the Nokia 3588i is not a Vision phone so would not apply, and
there are some other non-Vision phones listed on the form. But the
majority are, and it does state that a Vision plan is required, and if
you don't currently have you, you must change to one.

Eric
April 26, 2004 2:46:50 PM

No one is forcing you to take the Vision plan, and since it's an
ADD-ON, then they should charge extra for it.

Many stores sell many phones every day that do not have a Vision plan
on it, including Vision phones.
Related resources
April 26, 2004 2:46:51 PM

pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
<<No one is forcing you to take the Vision plan, and since it's an
ADD-ON, then they should charge extra for it.
Many stores sell many phones every day that do not have a Vision plan on
it, including Vision phones.>>

When you buy a phone online or in the store, they don't force you to add
Vision on your plan. But in the original post, a point was made that to
qualify for the 18-month handset upgrade program, if you choose a Vision
phone, you must add Vision to your plan -- in order to get the mail-in
rebate.

Eric
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 3:45:04 PM

Just for fun, I did an online signup thing ( didn't do the final step ) and
they toss the option of "Vision" up there one last time to try to get you to
buy the 'Vision service" but you can opt out. They don't try to hide it. Try
it out and you'll see what I mean.

Even so, it's free for two months and then you can cancel before the trial
period expires. ;-)
They also toss it in there for free for plans over 100 bucks according to
the website.

Anyway, you can opt out of Vision from what I can see.

Scotty

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
> I believe all phones SprintPCS now sells are "Vision" phones. Or is
> there one model out of 20 that isn't?
>
> Sprint just raised the price $270 on those phones by now requiring that
> one subscribe to Vision
>

> In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>

> > But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> > full 18 months to qualify.
>
> { for the rebate } and also 2 year contract.
>
> Isn't every phone a Vision phone? So Sprint just raised prices by
> $15/month for every user buying a phone through Sprint ?
>
> $15 times 18 months = $270
>
> Some find Vision too slow to be of any use, and come new phone purchase
> time, will be "encouraged" by SprintPCS to change providers with this
> Customer Unfriendly policy/price increase. By adding $15 to the cost of
> one's plan (plus tax); Sprint just made itself more expensive than
> Verizon for those that don't want or need Internet over their micro
> screen.
>
> Hopefully like charging for *2, this won't last long.
>

> Is SprintPCS now going to try and force users of ReadyLink phones to pay
> for that service too, whether they want it or not?
>
> And are PictureCam users going to be required to buy PictureMail? ,
> which still restricted to work with other SprintPCS phones.
>

> ==================
>
> I hope this is again something that Vargas got wrong.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 3:58:06 PM

In article <4D6jc.78469$L31.66314@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
"Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote:

> Just for fun, I did an online signup thing ( didn't do the final step ) and
> they toss the option of "Vision" up there one last time to try to get you to
> buy the 'Vision service" but you can opt out. They don't try to hide it. Try
> it out and you'll see what I mean.
>
> Even so, it's free for two months and then you can cancel before the trial
> period expires. ;-)
> They also toss it in there for free for plans over 100 bucks according to
> the website.
>
> Anyway, you can opt out of Vision from what I can see.

I saw that too. very strantge..

Well either its for getting the 18 month rebate, the web site hasn't
been updated yet, or o/siris is wrong?

> In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>

> > But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> > full 18 months to qualify.

And yes all but the one low end Nokia are Vision phones now.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 4:46:16 PM

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 5:00:50 PM

April 26, 2004 5:00:51 PM

(Thomas T. Veldhouse) wrote:
<<I have never been a fan of rebates and I still am not [especially
those that go through Young America]. >>

Why? What's wrong with the Young America rebates? I have submitted for
rebates in the past for AT&T and T-Mobile prepaid service, and have had
a friend do a rebate for Verizon, all through Young America, and they
all turned out fine.

Eric
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 6:41:17 PM

Anonymous
April 26, 2004 6:42:49 PM

Robert M. wrote:
> In article <4D6jc.78469$L31.66314@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
> "Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote:
>

>>Just for fun, I did an online signup thing ( didn't do the final step ) and
>>they toss the option of "Vision" up there one last time to try to get you to
>>buy the 'Vision service" but you can opt out. They don't try to hide it. Try
>>it out and you'll see what I mean.
>>
>>Even so, it's free for two months and then you can cancel before the trial
>>period expires. ;-)
>>They also toss it in there for free for plans over 100 bucks according to
>>the website.
>>
>>Anyway, you can opt out of Vision from what I can see.
>

> I saw that too. very strantge..
>
> Well either its for getting the 18 month rebate, the web site hasn't
> been updated yet, or o/siris is wrong?
>

>>In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
>> O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>>

>>>But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
>>>full 18 months to qualify.

They do that to get you to try it for the 2 mo. trial hopping you'll
keep it.
The requirement for the rebate is to have it on until at least the
rebate is processed. no where does it say that you HAVE to keep it, you
can drop it like a hot potato the day your check arrives.
So they aren't forcing you pay more, it's a marketing thing.
Question for Phil , How did you get the conclusion that you HAVE to keep
the service for the full term of the contract ? doesn't say anything
about it anywhere I can see.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 6:57:50 PM

"Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Robert M. <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote:
> > I believe all phones SprintPCS now sells are "Vision" phones. Or is
> > there one model out of 20 that isn't?
> >
> > Sprint just raised the price $270 on those phones by now requiring that
> > one subscribe to Vision
> >

> They don't require you subscribe to vision. You can get it free for 2
> months on new plans and if you don't want it at the end, you can cancel
> it. You can then use vision if you like at 1 cent per KB.

What's more, on an add a phone, that's only $5 mo. and can be cancelled.

Bob
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 7:05:28 PM

In article <7e761144.0404260559.6d2309c9@posting.google.com>,

You're probably right, but your co-consipirator wrote:

In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> full 18 months to qualify.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 7:07:13 PM

Your buddy said so:

In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> full 18 months to qualify.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 7:07:49 PM

Maybe but your friend said:

In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> full 18 months to qualify.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 8:14:50 PM

Keep ignoring what your co-conspirator said:

In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> full 18 months to qualify.
April 26, 2004 8:14:51 PM

rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<Keep ignoring what your co-conspirator said: (snip)>>

Uh oh. He's found another post to repost 100 times a day.
Anonymous
April 26, 2004 8:15:30 PM

In article <Jd9jc.10133$eZ5.8815@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
r2175 <razor@nospam.com> wrote:

> Robert M. wrote:
> > In article <4D6jc.78469$L31.66314@nwrddc01.gnilink.net>,
> > "Scott Nelson - Wash DC" <spamcop@bnmnetworks.net> wrote:
> >

> >>Just for fun, I did an online signup thing ( didn't do the final step ) and
> >>they toss the option of "Vision" up there one last time to try to get you to
> >>buy the 'Vision service" but you can opt out. They don't try to hide it. Try
> >>it out and you'll see what I mean.
> >>
> >>Even so, it's free for two months and then you can cancel before the trial
> >>period expires. ;-)
> >>They also toss it in there for free for plans over 100 bucks according to
> >>the website.
> >>
> >>Anyway, you can opt out of Vision from what I can see.
> >

> > I saw that too. very strantge..
> >
> > Well either its for getting the 18 month rebate, the web site hasn't
> > been updated yet, or o/siris is wrong?

> They do that to get you to try it for the 2 mo. trial hopping you'll
> keep it.
> The requirement for the rebate is to have it on until at least the
> rebate is processed. no where does it say that you HAVE to keep it,

Maybe but that is not what your buddy posted:

In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> full 18 months to qualify.
April 26, 2004 10:38:42 PM

"Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-456449.11145026042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <7e761144.0404260559.6d2309c9@posting.google.com>,
> pcsguy@bellsouth.net (TechGeek) wrote:
>
> > No one is forcing you to take the Vision plan, and since it's an
> > ADD-ON, then they should charge extra for it.
> >
> > Many stores sell many phones every day that do not have a Vision plan
> > on it, including Vision phones.
>
> Keep ignoring what your co-conspirator said:
>
> In article <236c7d6f3d0fcb693c8acd81cc06d286@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:
>

> > But a Vision phone must now have a Vision pack for the
> > full 18 months to qualify.

And your point for posting the same exact post (almost word for word)
twice in one hour is?
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 8:34:07 PM

In article <rmarkoff-1EE7BC.05464826042004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> I believe all phones SprintPCS now sells are "Vision" phones. Or is
> there one model out of 20 that isn't?
>
> Sprint just raised the price $270 on those phones by now requiring that
> one subscribe to Vision

Wrong.

Again.

You still can use the phone without a Vision pack. You just won't
qualify for the new Handset Upgrade Program.

--
RØß
O/Siris

You are correct as usual. The price of the phones has not
changed. The price of data has. Wireless Web was $5 and used up your
minutes. Some people had to go with a larger plan when adding Wireless
Web. Vision is $15, an increase of $10. However Vision does not use up
your minutes and is a lot faster.

O/Siris wrote:
> In article <rmarkoff-1EE7BC.05464826042004
> @news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
>
>>I believe all phones SprintPCS now sells are "Vision" phones. Or is
>>there one model out of 20 that isn't?
>>
>>Sprint just raised the price $270 on those phones by now requiring that
>>one subscribe to Vision
>>

> Wrong.
>
> Again.
>
> You still can use the phone without a Vision pack. You just won't
> qualify for the new Handset Upgrade Program.

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 9:24:46 PM

In article <8d6ea6e5ecf073d9e5bd0a0f98fc66c3@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> Wrong.
>
> Again.
>
> You still can use the phone without a Vision pack. You just won't
> qualify for the new Handset Upgrade Program.

How can you say I'm wrong, and then say prove me write by saying one
doesn't get a $150 phone credit upgrade unless I pay $15 extra for 18
months. Isn't $270 mpore than $150.

IT IS A PRICE INCREASE
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 9:47:47 PM

Anonymous
April 27, 2004 10:00:36 PM

In article <Ltwjc.11877$eZ5.9919@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
Jerome Zelinske <jeromez1@earthlink.net> wrote:

> You are correct as usual. The price of the phones has not
> changed. The price of data has. Wireless Web was $5 and used up your
> minutes. Some people had to go with a larger plan when adding Wireless
> Web. Vision is $15, an increase of $10. However Vision does not use up
> your minutes and is a lot faster.
>

> O/Siris wrote:
> > In article <rmarkoff-1EE7BC.05464826042004
> > @news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> >
> >>I believe all phones SprintPCS now sells are "Vision" phones. Or is
> >>there one model out of 20 that isn't?
> >>
> >>Sprint just raised the price $270 on those phones by now requiring that
> >>one subscribe to Vision
> >>

> > Wrong.
> >
> > Again.
> >
> > You still can use the phone without a Vision pack. You just won't
> > qualify for the new Handset Upgrade Program.

Fine but, his being correct means there is a $270 price increase to
qualify for a $150 rebate. And also means I was not wrong.
Anonymous
April 27, 2004 10:24:57 PM

> In article <Ltwjc.11877$eZ5.9919@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>,

<snipped>

> Fine but, his being correct means there is a $270 price increase to
> qualify for a $150 rebate. And also means I was not wrong.

No, you are wrong, and repeating this bad advice numerous times will not
make it right.

Bob
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 1:39:25 AM

In article <rmarkoff-74541E.13003827042004
@news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...

> Fine but, his being correct means there is a $270 price increase to
> qualify for a $150 rebate. And also means I was not wrong.

No, it means you *are* wrong, because there is still no price
increase. Vision was $15/month for a pack before this change, and it
remains $15/month after the change.

Just like when you jumped on me for (according to your claim) I
denied that the RL7300 has a flash.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <78b3bd220975d04b73b7dff78096035d@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-74541E.13003827042004
> @news05.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> >
> > Fine but, his being correct means there is a $270 price increase to
> > qualify for a $150 rebate. And also means I was not wrong.
> >

> No, it means you *are* wrong, because there is still no price
> increase. Vision was $15/month for a pack before this change, and it
> remains $15/month after the change.

Before you didn't need to subscribe to Vision for the rebate, now you
do.

$15 times 18 months equals $270

A $270 PRICE INCREASE for many folks to qualify for a $150 rebate.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 11:25:25 AM

In article <rmarkoff-0B5EDC.16565329042004
@news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> Before you didn't need to subscribe to Vision for the rebate, now you
> do.

So? Vision costs the same now as it did before the new system. No
increase.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <b8bc9f069e26d4062928846362f33c3e@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <osiris@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-0B5EDC.16565329042004
> @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > Before you didn't need to subscribe to Vision for the rebate, now you
> > do.
> >

> So? Vision costs the same now as it did before the new system. No
> increase.

If someone now avails themselves of a rebate $150 and didnt want Vision,
they now have to take it, and over 18 months thats a $270 price increase.

So not admitting its an increase is LYING.
April 30, 2004 1:58:14 PM

rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<If someone now avails themselves of a rebate $150 and didnt want
Vision, they now have to take it, and over 18 months thats a $270 price
increase. >>

I would have to agree with Robert M. on this one... I don't think one
should have to be required to sign up for Vision in order to qualiy for
the rebate via the Handset Upgrade Program. Sure one can cancel Vision
anytime, but in order to get and keep the rebate, the customer must keep
the $15 add-on for 18 months... which, in a sense, is a price increase
if one does not intend to use it or want it.

Sprint offers some very nice phones and customers shouldn't be limited
in what phone they ant to upgrade to just because Sprint requires them
to add Vision.

Eric
April 30, 2004 1:58:15 PM

Eric wrote:
> rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
> <<If someone now avails themselves of a rebate $150 and didnt want
> Vision, they now have to take it, and over 18 months thats a $270 price
> increase. >>
>
> I would have to agree with Robert M. on this one... I don't think one
> should have to be required to sign up for Vision in order to qualiy for
> the rebate via the Handset Upgrade Program. Sure one can cancel Vision
> anytime, but in order to get and keep the rebate, the customer must keep
> the $15 add-on for 18 months... which, in a sense, is a price increase
> if one does not intend to use it or want it.
>
> Sprint offers some very nice phones and customers shouldn't be limited
> in what phone they ant to upgrade to just because Sprint requires them
> to add Vision.
>
> Eric

I just (two days ago) signed up for the $150 rebate for an upgrade to an
SCP-7300. It took a two-year agreement along with adding Vision on a
Vision-capable phone to get the rebate plus your selected plan must be
$35 or more. It *is* possible to cancel the Vision service after the two
month trial period and be able to keep the rebate. (Or so I've been told
by the folks in the store and a CS over the phone.)
April 30, 2004 4:41:41 PM

"O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
In article <rmarkoff-0B5EDC.16565329042004
@news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> Before you didn't need to subscribe to Vision for the rebate, now you
> do.

What happens say three months down the road and you have received your
rebate and you cancel vision ?
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 5:15:42 PM

In article <9Qrkc.3261$Gq1.3200@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
"thunder" <thunder@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> "O/Siris" <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote in message
> In article <rmarkoff-0B5EDC.16565329042004
> @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > Before you didn't need to subscribe to Vision for the rebate, now you
> > do.
> >

> What happens say three months down the road and you have received your
> rebate and you cancel vision ?

remains to be seen. According to store reps (see skeeter's post) its OK.

According to osiris, you must NOW have it for 18 month, in which case
its a PRICE INCREASE.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 5:16:15 PM

In article <CSrkc.1$n31.0@dfw-service2.ext.ray.com>,
Skeeter <skeets1@netscape.net> wrote:

> I just (two days ago) signed up for the $150 rebate for an upgrade to an
> SCP-7300. It took a two-year agreement along with adding Vision on a
> Vision-capable phone to get the rebate plus your selected plan must be
> $35 or more. It *is* possible to cancel the Vision service after the two
> month trial period and be able to keep the rebate. (Or so I've been told
> by the folks in the store and a CS over the phone.)

I understand that, except that is at variance with what osiris keeps
posting. He says in a new POLICY you now must have the vision for 18
months.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 5:18:12 PM

"Eric" <caperenewal@webtv.net> wrote in message
rmarkoff@msn.com (Robert M.) wrote:
<<If someone now avails themselves of a rebate $150 and didnt want
Vision, they now have to take it, and over 18 months thats a $270 price
increase. >>

I would have to agree with Robert M. on this one... I don't think one
should have to be required to sign up for Vision in order to qualiy for
the rebate via the Handset Upgrade Program. Sure one can cancel Vision
anytime, but in order to get and keep the rebate, the customer must keep
the $15 add-on for 18 months... which, in a sense, is a price increase
if one does not intend to use it or want it.
-
No, they don't have to keep Vision for 18 months. Where is it said on the
web site, or the rebate site that one has to keep Vision on the phone for 18
months? The rebate is mailed within 4 to 6 weeks, and one can cancel Vision
within the 60 day free trial period or any month after that. That's been
confirmed to yours truly twice, with calls to SPCS.

Sprint offers some very nice phones and customers shouldn't be limited
in what phone they ant to upgrade to just because Sprint requires them
to add Vision.

Eric

Again Eric, where does it say that the customer has to carry Vision on their
account for 18 months after doing the mail in rebate on the new phone?

Bob
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 5:31:18 PM

In article <9Qrkc.3261$Gq1.3200@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
"thunder" <thunder@cinci.rr.com> wrote:

> What happens say three months down the road and you have received your
> rebate and you cancel vision ?

Two possibilities.

One they charge your account the amount of the rebate ($150).
In 18 months you won't be eligible for a rebate then when you want a new
phone.

Either way its a PRICE INCREASE if they attempt to force you to keep
Vision.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 5:32:43 PM

In article <CSrkc.1$n31.0@dfw-service2.ext.ray.com>,
Skeeter <skeets1@netscape.net> wrote:

> I just (two days ago) signed up for the $150 rebate for an upgrade to an
> SCP-7300. It took a two-year agreement along with adding Vision on a
> Vision-capable phone to get the rebate plus your selected plan must be
> $35 or more. It *is* possible to cancel the Vision service after the two
> month trial period and be able to keep the rebate. (Or so I've been told
> by the folks in the store and a CS over the phone.)

I'm not arguing what the store told you, or that its wrong. I'm just
pointing out its at variance with what osiris has been posting
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 5:40:03 PM

> In article <9Qrkc.3261$Gq1.3200@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
> "thunder" <thunder@cinci.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > What happens say three months down the road and you have received your
> > rebate and you cancel vision ?
>
> Two possibilities.
>
> One they charge your account the amount of the rebate ($150).
> In 18 months you won't be eligible for a rebate then when you want a new
> phone.
>
> Either way its a PRICE INCREASE if they attempt to force you to keep
> Vision.

Again, where does it say on the web site that one has to carry Vision on
their account for 18 months? Inquiring minds want to know ...

Bob
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 8:42:27 PM

In article <rmarkoff-CC7181.04581330042004
@news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> If someone now avails themselves of a rebate $150 and didnt want Vision,
> they now have to take it,

Actually, if they want to avail themselves of one in the future.

Still the same cost as it ever was. $15/month for Vision. That's
not an increase.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <27196-40924075-10@storefull-3235.bay.webtv.net>,
caperenewal@webtv.net says...
> I would have to agree with Robert M. on this one... I don't think one
> should have to be required to sign up for Vision in order to qualiy for
> the rebate via the Handset Upgrade Program.

I'm not sure I agree with it, either, to be frank about it. But it's
a completely voluntary program. I can't support calling a voluntary
option as a price increase.

Each of the other carriers have trade-offs in their programs. As I
understand, for example, AT&T limits what selection of phones you can
choose from. Verizon's is a "use it or lose it" option. You take
advantage of it at the two-year mark, or you're waiting another 2
years before you can do it.

Once you've met the time requirements on our program, you choose from
any phone we offer, at any time you want it. And, if Vision isn't
something you want, we've got a phone for that (and we're told
there's a couple more in the pike, although not what they will be).

The choice is there. I'd have to disagree.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <CSrkc.1$n31.0@dfw-service2.ext.ray.com>, skeets1
@netscape.net says...
> I just (two days ago) signed up for the $150 rebate for an upgrade to an
> SCP-7300. It took a two-year agreement along with adding Vision on a
> Vision-capable phone to get the rebate plus your selected plan must be
> $35 or more. It *is* possible to cancel the Vision service after the two
> month trial period and be able to keep the rebate. (Or so I've been told
> by the folks in the store and a CS over the phone.)

To keep it? Yeah. It's the next one I'm talking about. The one you
do 18 months from now.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <9Qrkc.3261$Gq1.3200@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
thunder@cinci.rr.com says...
> What happens say three months down the road and you have received your
> rebate and you cancel vision ?

Ah, I see three posts on this, and think I see the misunderstanding.
This does *not* get a rebate revoked. This is qualification for the
next one.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <rmarkoff-8ABEE9.08311830042004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> Either way its a PRICE INCREASE if they attempt to force you to keep
> Vision.

There's no force here. There's a give and take.

--
RØß
O/Siris

In article <f7ff7ec765ba891673d1eba71385d770@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <9Qrkc.3261$Gq1.3200@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
> thunder@cinci.rr.com says...
> > What happens say three months down the road and you have received your
> > rebate and you cancel vision ?
> >

> Ah, I see three posts on this, and think I see the misunderstanding.
> This does *not* get a rebate revoked. This is qualification for the
> next one.

THEN IT IS A PRICE INCREASE !! ONE IS NOW REQUIRED TO MAINTAIN VISION 2
$270 to qualify for a $150 rebate in 18 months?
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 9:05:35 PM

In article <b7eb24e8a695587bf78b72a4da61426e@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-8ABEE9.08311830042004
> @news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > Either way its a PRICE INCREASE if they attempt to force you to keep
> > Vision.
> >

> There's no force here. There's a give and take.

FORCE of subscribe to VISON or you get no rebate next time.

You just admitted to it.

In article <9Qrkc.3261$Gq1.3200@fe2.columbus.rr.com>,
thunder@cinci.rr.com says...
> What happens say three months down the road and you have received your
> rebate and you cancel vision ?

Ah, I see three posts on this, and think I see the misunderstanding.
This does *not* get a rebate revoked. This is qualification for the
next one.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 9:06:24 PM

In article <3c5731a042a905d7ebf810a5f6992383@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <27196-40924075-10@storefull-3235.bay.webtv.net>,
> caperenewal@webtv.net says...
> > I would have to agree with Robert M. on this one... I don't think one
> > should have to be required to sign up for Vision in order to qualiy for
> > the rebate via the Handset Upgrade Program.
> >

> I'm not sure I agree with it, either, to be frank about it. But it's
> a completely voluntary program. I can't support calling a voluntary
> option as a price increase.

IF YOU WANT THE REBATE IT'S NOT VOLUNTARY.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 9:06:33 PM

In article <CSrkc.1$n31.0@dfw-service2.ext.ray.com>, skeets1
@netscape.net says...
> I just (two days ago) signed up for the $150 rebate for an upgrade to an
> SCP-7300. It took a two-year agreement along with adding Vision on a
> Vision-capable phone to get the rebate plus your selected plan must be
> $35 or more. It *is* possible to cancel the Vision service after the two
> month trial period and be able to keep the rebate. (Or so I've been told
> by the folks in the store and a CS over the phone.)

To keep it? Yeah. It's the next one I'm talking about. The one you
do 18 months from now.

Well, that's a horse of a different color then. We were just talking about
the current upgrade rebate now, not one that won't take place the next time
a phone is replaced.

It would be nice to see something in writing as to what the differences will
be, on a 2nd upgraded phone to the account. Considering though that things
change quickly in this industry, what is reported now, might be very
different in the future, especially as that's the time frame for EV-DV to be
on line.

Bob
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 9:07:13 PM

In article <00bd99afcd5e0cd01e47fbc7d76248bb@news.teranews.com>,
O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:

> In article <rmarkoff-CC7181.04581330042004
> @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > If someone now avails themselves of a rebate $150 and didnt want Vision,
> > they now have to take it,
> >

> Actually, if they want to avail themselves of one in the future.
>
> Still the same cost as it ever was. $15/month for Vision. That's
> not an increase.

OF COURSE ITS AN INCREASE IF YOU NOW MUST (INVOLUNTARILY) MAINTAIN YOUR
VISION TO AGAIN QUALIFY FOR A REBATE.
Anonymous
April 30, 2004 9:38:16 PM

> In article <00bd99afcd5e0cd01e47fbc7d76248bb@news.teranews.com>,
> O/Siris <0siris@sprîntpcs.com> wrote:
>
> > In article <rmarkoff-CC7181.04581330042004
> > @news04.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> > > If someone now avails themselves of a rebate $150 and didnt want
Vision,
> > > they now have to take it,
> > >

> > Actually, if they want to avail themselves of one in the future.
> >
> > Still the same cost as it ever was. $15/month for Vision. That's
> > not an increase.
>
> OF COURSE ITS AN INCREASE IF YOU NOW MUST (INVOLUNTARILY) MAINTAIN YOUR
> VISION TO AGAIN QUALIFY FOR A REBATE.

The original argument here was on the current rebate offer, not on any
future one. Who's to say what's going to be available down the road in terms
of a rebate.

If a rebate is offered in the future, for another replacement phone (on the
same phone number), then who ever qualifies for that rebate, set by SPCS,
will qualify for the rebate. Plain and simple ... If you don't like it, then
go to Verizon ...

Bob ::thinking that the more Phillipe shouts, the less is heard::
Anonymous
May 1, 2004 11:39:29 AM

In article <rmarkoff-CBCB2F.12062330042004
@news06.east.earthlink.net>, rmarkoff@msn.com says...
> IF YOU WANT THE REBATE IT'S NOT VOLUNTARY.

"If you want..."

Sounds voluntary to anyone who's ever read a dictionary.

--
RØß
O/Siris