Sign in with
Your question

help guys

Tags:
Last response: in Memory
February 12, 2003 1:13:21 AM

i have a a7n8x and two sticks of 256mb 3200 geil memory. i can use one stick stable. but when i try to use two of them, i cant play games, and windows becomes unstable using slots 1 and 2. when i try running them in 2 and 3 windows will not boot. I have used both sticks in slot 1 with no problem. have any of you had this problem. And how do you run mem test. do you boot from the floppy with mem test on it.

What is the difference in a childs painting, and a adult who chooses to paint like a child.

More about : guys

February 12, 2003 3:56:21 PM

Try them one at a time in slots 0, 1, and 2. Then if both work fine, try them in 1 and 3.

My guess is that it is the memory. nForce boards have two memory controllers, MC0 controls DIMM0 and MC1 controls DIMM1 and DIMM2. So if you are getting conflicts try the modules individually first in the second and third DIMM's. Then try them in combination in 0 and 2. (Your 1 and 3)

<b><font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> <font color=red>Fredi</font color=red> He's our man! If he can't do it no one can!</b>
!