I want to change password

I want to change my password because I can't remember it
3 answers Last reply
More about change password

1. Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

We don't give password help here at Tom's but if it's your wireless security key you want to change, everything you need to know about how to find and change it is in our Sticky Post on the subject and here is a link to it. http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/38111-18-find-change-wireless-security
  2. Do you mean the password to get into the routers settings or your wireless network password ?

If it's the routers password then you can push the reset button in the back of the router and hold it for 10 seconds and it will set the router to Factory default and you can use the user name and password that came with the router in the user manual or on the web page of the routers brand.

If it's the wireless network password then you can go into the routers internal settings and go to the wireless section and in the wireless security sub-menu you can see and change the wireless network password.

If you set up your wireless network using Windows on your computer then you can go to the control panel and select Network and Internet and then select Homegroup or Network and then on the next page you have options to view the password or even change it. Naturaly if you change it you will have to enter the new password on all the devices using your network.
  3. If it's the routers password then you can push the reset button in the back of the router and hold it for 10 seconds and it will set the router to Factory default

If you reset your router and take out any ISP specific login details, you woon't get back on the Net.

If you set up your wireless network using Windows on your computer then you can go to the control panel and select Network and Internet and then select Homegroup or Network and then on the next page you have options to view the password or even change it.

Don't go to all that trouble for nothing. All you will see is the Windows 7 or 8 Homegroup password which is totally different form the wireless security key. The advice is useless in XP or Vista, Macs and Linux systems and many people who set up their own Windows 7 and 8 systems had better sense than to activate the Homegroup anyway.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Wireless Networking