Sign in with
Your question

Samsung laptop disconnects devices on network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
January 2, 2013 10:56:52 PM

Hello,
I have a problem with a samsung laptop. Everytime it connects to the home network it disconnects all the other devices on the network. I have reset router (still same problem). Sometimes it will connect for a while and when a download for updates takes place it will automatically disconnect again. I have a very in depth background of networking, but i'm very puzzled by this, as no other device on the network does this.

Has anybody any ideas why this would happen/causes.

BT Home Hub router and WPA2 secured.
a b D Laptop
January 4, 2013 12:12:29 AM

Any static addressing or WINS name conflicts between devices? All other devices using the same WPA2, or are they WPA (or other encryption) thus losing the connection when the router switches to WPA2 for the Samsung? All TKIP or AES (or both)?. Max speeds set to auto on all devices?
a b D Laptop
a b Ô Samsung
January 4, 2013 3:18:17 PM

Are all deeeeevices the same wireless band G , N ?
January 9, 2013 8:15:22 PM

curhou2 said:
Hello,
I have a problem with a samsung laptop. Everytime it connects to the home network it disconnects all the other devices on the network. I have reset router (still same problem). Sometimes it will connect for a while and when a download for updates takes place it will automatically disconnect again. I have a very in depth background of networking, but i'm very puzzled by this, as no other device on the network does this.

Has anybody any ideas why this would happen/causes.

BT Home Hub router and WPA2 secured.

You need to update the driver -- here's details:
http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/pro3945abg/s...
!