2 systems can't "see" each other

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
I recently set up 2 computers with a d-link di-704 router connecter to road runner cable IP.. both are working just fine in that regard. I am totally unaware however of what I need to do to connect them in a lan configuration behind the router. What services do I need to install ?? neither shows up in network neighborhood and I cannot map the drive from one to another etc.??
Thanx for any help and insight you can offer this is all new stuff to me

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>I'm a NASTY Intel\AMD\Nvidia\ATI user and I'm just gonna TAKE that d@mn cookie</b> </font color=blue>

Ron_Jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, I don't know what Operating System(s) are being used, nor if DHCP or NAT is being used. Anyway, here is a link ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/befsr11&befsr41ug.pdf
to the Linksys version of what you have. ALthough there will be obvious differences, the parts on configuring your home network applies to both.

Hope it helps. If not, we can take you through it step by step, but really try to follow the steps in the link, you'll feel great when you get it done.

Cheers,

Ron_Jeremy

If you loan a friend $20 & never see them again, it was worth it.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
Thanx I willcheck the link out

my systems are:
800 eb p-3 (asus cusl2c MOBO)
512 133 ram
SMC 10 nic

233 p-2 (biostar mobo)
128 66 mhz ram
Intel 10/100 tx nic

both use win 98 se

D-Link Di 704 gateway\router\hub etc connected to a toshiba pcx 1100 U cable modem ISP (Road Runner uses dhcp as does the router in this setup)

Lagger

<b><font color=blue>I'm a NASTY Intel\AMD\Nvidia\ATI user and I'm just gonna TAKE that d@mn cookie</b> </font color=blue>