Microsoft is crazy!!

G

I saw this in an AMDzone forum

"Microsoft does not want you to install Whistler on more than 1 computer. In order to complete the install, you must register on-line first, and you must send in certain installion and pc data. Once you do that, the product code that you are sometimes asked to get of the CD Case to Windows booklet and that computer are locked together. IT's an anti-piracy feature Microsoft is using to keep people from copying Whistler to multiple computers."

bdaley

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yeah, I saw that too. MS is nuts!

What will happen to people like us who build our own PCs? I, like many other people I'm sure, upgrade a few components at a time. So if Whistler is registered to my Abit motherboard and I upgrade to an Asus, I'll have to buy another copy? That would suck!

"There's no such thing as gravity, the Earth just sucks"

Homicida

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what if somebody does not have an internet conection?
what kind of crap is this??

its unimportant what kind of crazy stuff they program in there to stop piracy...somebody will have programed it out again bevore they can even release it..
i am thankfull for all the crackers outside...
i would need to stop living for 1 year to save the money for one microsoft OS *ggg*

G

how true. I wouldn't mind paying 15 bucks for a MS os, but they insist on charging 300 bucks in some cases. So, I'm kind of forced to get their crummy software by other means...

<font color=red>=P