SUPER_M

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2003
I've run into a bit of a problem. I had an old HP 9692C and I wanted to put a new drive in, I found a great deal on a maxtor 80 GB 7200 RPM drive. After installing it I discovered the BIOS didn't detect the hard drive. After some ts I noticed the power supply is only 185 watts. I picked up a new enermax dual fan 350W power supply. In my haste I did not check to make sure the ps would fit (It's currently just outside the back of the case but atleast the harddrive works). This weekend I am looking at picking up a new case from Canada Computers (www.canadacomputers.com). I really like the look of the Chenming A2ESW case. I havn't been able to find much information on them. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is a half decent case or if there are any suggestions out there. It's going to be pretty stationary so weight isn't a problem. I really want the side window it provides and I am partial to the blue case (which is stupid because I would never buy a car because it is blue). The Antec LANBOY looks pretty interesting as a secondary option. The 9692C I belive has an Asus P2B-VT ATX board. I am trying to keep this at no more than $160 bucks (unfortunatly thats CAN not USD). Any info would be much appreciated.

SUPER

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
If you want to save some cash, but still get a good case, then look for the Antec 660 AMG series, they're about 120 canadian, 60 in the US, minus a power supply. If you "need" blue, then you'r egoing to have to shell out more, like the Antec Lanboy (similar to the Antec 1080 AMG case, a lot of them are based around that design). For blue, a similar one to the Antec Lanboy case is the Chieftec Dragon cases, which come in a ridiculous array of colors (blue included ^^)

Instead of Rdram, why not just merge 4 Sdram channels...

Quetzacoatl

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002
does it matter? I thought all mid and full sized towers supported all the formats from Flex ATX, Micro ATX, and ATx form factor

Instead of Rdram, why not just merge 4 Sdram channels...

silly_rabbit

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
I think what he ment was the OEM MOBO by HP
is designed different from NORMAL boards
the holes that you can screw on the case stands
are placed different

put it in simple words is

the HP MOBO may not be able to mount on the
mother board tray provided by the case

If you know you are stupid.
The least thing you can do is to SHUT UP.
So people don't know how stupid you are.
Or even better, they might think you are
COOL and SMART<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by silly_rabbit on 02/12/03 08:15 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Helpmostimes

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2001
There you go again.You really like being a jerk.Your not the King.No one is. Calling People a "Idiot" is no way to do it.But I Guess its your only mode. I hope you reply to this so you can Explain yourself.Your just a Poster that knows nothing.Its plain and simple.Im done with you!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
HP uses mATX boards in most of their systems (sometimes on a full ATX case)!

<font color=blue>There are no stupid questions, only stupid people doling out faulty information based upon rumors, myths, and poor logic!</font color=blue>