Thanks Sprint for having no coverage in MT,SD, and WY

I am on the road and only found out after leaving that Sprint has little or
no coverage in MT, WY and SD. I picked up a calling card from a truck stop
on the interstate. I then got the unpleasant surprise of pressing the * key
after calling my Sprint number to receive my voice mail messages. You
guessed it, the calling card disconnected and ask me to enter my next phone
number. The * key is a speed saver to allow you to make another call without
calling the 800 number and re-entering pin.

I finally figured out by switching to dual band I could use my phone in roam
mode. Well I'm bent over now, I wonder what the charge will be from
Sheridan, WY. Thank you sir, may I have another.
21 answers Last reply
More about thanks sprint coverage

    "LLC" <CorporateLawyer@DeweyCheatem.com> wrote in message news:<x9ednRtEnrX_bhDdRVn2iA@giganews.com>...
    > I am on the road and only found out after leaving that Sprint has little or
    > no coverage in MT, WY and SD. I picked up a calling card from a truck stop
    > on the interstate. I then got the unpleasant surprise of pressing the * key
    > after calling my Sprint number to receive my voice mail messages. You
    > guessed it, the calling card disconnected and ask me to enter my next phone
    > number. The * key is a speed saver to allow you to make another call without
    > calling the 800 number and re-entering pin.
    >
    > I finally figured out by switching to dual band I could use my phone in roam
    > mode. Well I'm bent over now, I wonder what the charge will be from
    > Sheridan, WY. Thank you sir, may I have another.

    Sprint will soon have coverage in those states when the Qwest deal is
    implemented and a new PRL is released. That could happen any time now.
    You should be able to roam there without using a calling card.

    "LLC" <CorporateLawyer@DeweyCheatem.com> wrote in message
    > I am on the road and only found out after leaving that Sprint has little
    or
    > no coverage in MT, WY and SD. I picked up a calling card from a truck stop
    > on the interstate. I then got the unpleasant surprise of pressing the *
    key
    > after calling my Sprint number to receive my voice mail messages. You
    > guessed it, the calling card disconnected and ask me to enter my next
    phone
    > number. The * key is a speed saver to allow you to make another call
    without
    > calling the 800 number and re-entering pin.
    >
    > I finally figured out by switching to dual band I could use my phone in
    roam
    > mode. Well I'm bent over now, I wonder what the charge will be from
    > Sheridan, WY. Thank you sir, may I have another.

    SPCS offers a roaming option, called F&CA, which allows for roaming calls.
    $5/mo. for up to 50% of your minutes used during a billing cycle, if your
    account is based in a SPCS corporate area. If you are based in an SPCS
    affiliate area, the option might be $10, with less minutes, but all the
    affiliates offer the option.

    Bob

    Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > SPCS offers a roaming option, called F&CA, which allows for roaming calls.
    > $5/mo. for up to 50% of your minutes used during a billing cycle, if your
    > account is based in a SPCS corporate area. If you are based in an SPCS
    > affiliate area, the option might be $10, with less minutes, but all the
    > affiliates offer the option.

    If he was asked for a credit card, he was in an area where Sprint has no
    roaming agreements, so F&CA wouldn't work anyhow.

    "Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message
    > Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    > > SPCS offers a roaming option, called F&CA, which allows for roaming
    calls.
    > > $5/mo. for up to 50% of your minutes used during a billing cycle, if
    your
    > > account is based in a SPCS corporate area. If you are based in an SPCS
    > > affiliate area, the option might be $10, with less minutes, but all the
    > > affiliates offer the option.
    >
    > If he was asked for a credit card, he was in an area where Sprint has no
    > roaming agreements, so F&CA wouldn't work anyhow.

    True Steve, however, there was no mention of a credit card. Calling card
    yes, but no credit card.

    Bob

    Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message news:<55qdnYD0Hpch7xPdRVn-hA@lmi.net>...
    > Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:
    >
    > > SPCS offers a roaming option, called F&CA, which allows for roaming calls.
    > > $5/mo. for up to 50% of your minutes used during a billing cycle, if your
    > > account is based in a SPCS corporate area. If you are based in an SPCS
    > > affiliate area, the option might be $10, with less minutes, but all the
    > > affiliates offer the option.
    >
    > If he was asked for a credit card, he was in an area where Sprint has no
    > roaming agreements, so F&CA wouldn't work anyhow.

    Sprint does have roaming agreements in all of those states. There
    shouldn't be a problem in that regard.

    Bob Smith <usirsclt_No_Way_Spam_@earthlink.net> wrote:

    > True Steve, however, there was no mention of a credit card. Calling card
    > yes, but no credit card.

    Uhhhh, yeah. Sorry about that...

  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <9c02589b.0404270916.6e4cd8b5@posting.google.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:

    > Sprint will soon have coverage in those states when the Qwest deal is
    > implemented and a new PRL is released.

    Isn't it way past due already?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-EBA218.14374727042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
    > In article <9c02589b.0404270916.6e4cd8b5@posting.google.com>,
    > larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:
    >
    > > Sprint will soon have coverage in those states when the Qwest deal is
    > > implemented and a new PRL is released.
    >
    > Isn't it way past due already?

    Yes. I have to say I'm a little disappointed that this hasn't
    progressed a little bit faster, although Sprint never really put out a
    specific date as to when it would happen. I just assumed back in
    August/September of last year that it would have happened by now.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:47:00 -0700, LLC <CorporateLawyer@DeweyCheatem.com> wrote:
    >I am on the road and only found out after leaving that Sprint has little or
    >no coverage in MT, WY and SD. I picked up a calling card from a truck stop
    >on the interstate. I then got the unpleasant surprise of pressing the * key
    >after calling my Sprint number to receive my voice mail messages. You
    >guessed it, the calling card disconnected and ask me to enter my next phone
    >number. The * key is a speed saver to allow you to make another call without
    >calling the 800 number and re-entering pin.

    You needed to RTFM for your phone and understand how to turn on analog
    roaming.

    I've driven through very backwater parts of WY and never gone more than
    30 miles without some coverage. All the little towns had coverage and
    in between NO cell phone company had coverage.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    On 27 Apr 2004 17:43:46 GMT, Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Larry Thomas <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> Sprint will soon have coverage in those states when the Qwest deal is
    >> implemented and a new PRL is released. That could happen any time now.
    >> You should be able to roam there without using a calling card.

    >QWest is already selling national plans which clearly are based upon
    >Sprint's network.

    Unless it's a satelite phone, it won't have coverage between towns.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <9c02589b.0404281426.19b65068@posting.google.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:

    > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > > In article <9c02589b.0404270916.6e4cd8b5@posting.google.com>,
    > > larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:
    > >
    > > > Sprint will soon have coverage in those states when the Qwest deal is
    > > > implemented and a new PRL is released.
    > >
    > > Isn't it way past due already?
    >
    > Yes. I have to say I'm a little disappointed that this hasn't
    > progressed a little bit faster, although Sprint never really put out a
    > specific date as to when it would happen. I just assumed back in
    > August/September of last year that it would have happened by now.

    Is this yet another promise made by Lauer that he hasn't delivered on?
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Robert M. <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote:

    >> Yes. I have to say I'm a little disappointed that this hasn't
    >> progressed a little bit faster, although Sprint never really put out a
    >> specific date as to when it would happen. I just assumed back in
    >> August/September of last year that it would have happened by now.
    >
    > Is this yet another promise made by Lauer that he hasn't delivered on?

    Larry just *said* there was no promise made.

  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > On 27 Apr 2004 17:43:46 GMT, Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Larry Thomas <larryt510@hotmail.com> wrote:
    > >>
    > >> Sprint will soon have coverage in those states when the Qwest deal is
    > >> implemented and a new PRL is released. That could happen any time now.
    > >> You should be able to roam there without using a calling card.
    >
    > >QWest is already selling national plans which clearly are based upon
    > >Sprint's network.

    Yeah but it doesn't include Sprint users having access to Qwest towers
    in those particular states yet. Hopefully soon.
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <9c02589b.0404281426.19b65068@posting.google.com>,
    > larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:
    >
    > > "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message

    > > > Isn't it way past due already?
    > >
    > > Yes. I have to say I'm a little disappointed that this hasn't
    > > progressed a little bit faster, although Sprint never really put out a
    > > specific date as to when it would happen. I just assumed back in
    > > August/September of last year that it would have happened by now.
    >

    > Is this yet another promise made by Lauer that he hasn't delivered on?

    What promise would that be?

    Bob
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <9c02589b.0404282143.13d2a1b7@posting.google.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:

    > > On 27 Apr 2004 17:43:46 GMT, Thomas T. Veldhouse <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote:
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Here is a link to the Qwest Wireless Press release:

    http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_ge.jsp?news_id=cmt-061p2767&feed=cmt&date=20040301

    The applicable line here is that MT, ND, SD & WY Qwest customers will
    continue to use the Qwest network until "later this year." To re-state, all
    Qwest customers are to be be migrated over to the Sprint network as of
    3/1/2004, except those in the above states, who, presumably will be shifted
    to Sprint when Sprint either builds their own, or, more likely, takes over
    Qwest's towers in these states.

    Wyoming has very good cellular coverage from the three Cellular carriers,
    two of which are CDMA. All 3 are in Sprint's PRL, and there are 5 sites in
    Yellowstone Park. I usually have good coverage between cities, such as
    they are. And Sprint covers Jackson (Hole), WY.

    -Bill

    wrote:

    > I've driven through very backwater parts of WY and never gone more than
    > 30 miles without some coverage. All the little towns had coverage and
    > in between NO cell phone company had coverage.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <1093lr6si7ggj9d@corp.supernews.com>,
    "Bill Radio" <BR@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote:

    > Here is a link to the Qwest Wireless Press release:
    >
    > http://money.excite.com/jsp/nw/nwdt_ge.jsp?news_id=cmt-061p2767&feed=cmt&date=
    > 20040301
    >
    > The applicable line here is that MT, ND, SD & WY Qwest customers will
    > continue to use the Qwest network until "later this year."

    YES, What I read in that March 1 Story was:

    " Current wireless customers in Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota and
    Wyoming will remain on existing Qwest wireless plans until later this
    year."

    Later this year could be December 31, or might slip more than that; and
    if the Quest side is not changing, then the SprintPCS side isn't either?

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers