Is There A Better News Group?

The content of this group has deteriorated into the toilet. Are there any
other groups with quality Sprint PCS information without the bickering and
personal attacks? This group was once a quality source of good information
but is now nothing more than the same old tired argument between the same
few individuals. Can anyone suggest some other places where there is a
better exchange of information? Thanks. Thadius.
26 answers Last reply
More about news group

    "Thadius" <PsuedoName@noplace.com> wrote in message news:<vxpjc.47405$G_.11930@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
    > The content of this group has deteriorated into the toilet. Are there any
    > other groups with quality Sprint PCS information without the bickering and
    > personal attacks? This group was once a quality source of good information
    > but is now nothing more than the same old tired argument between the same
    > few individuals. Can anyone suggest some other places where there is a
    > better exchange of information? Thanks. Thadius.

    I couldn't agree more. I'm about ready to split for good. This group
    has turned into nothing but pathetic garbage. Try howardforums.com or
    sprintusers.com. for much better SPCS discussion.

    "Thadius" <PsuedoName@noplace.com> wrote in message
    > The content of this group has deteriorated into the toilet. Are there any
    > other groups with quality Sprint PCS information without the bickering and
    > personal attacks? This group was once a quality source of good
    information
    > but is now nothing more than the same old tired argument between the same
    > few individuals. Can anyone suggest some other places where there is a
    > better exchange of information? Thanks. Thadius.

    This newsgroup has taken a dive, all because of one troll. In saying that
    though, it still offers some good information. You can check phonescoop.com
    or sprintpcsinfo.com.

    Bob

    "Bob Smith" burbled to the world:

    > This newsgroup has taken a dive, all because of one troll.

    The troll is just the instigator. If the rest of you would
    just ignore the idiot instead of reflexively responding his voice would
    die in the wilderness.

    I have the troll killfiled. I never see any of his tripe.
    But the group is still clogged to the closing point with endless
    arguments with him.

    Killfile him and ignore him. The group will get back to
    reality soon enough.

    Chris

    In article <bcsjc.48222$w96.4376765@attbi_s54>,
    "Chris Pisarra" <Chris@Pisarra.com> wrote:

    > "Bob Smith" burbled to the world:
    > >
    > > This newsgroup has taken a dive, all because of one troll.

    Bob Smith is the one that uses excremental language. get rid of him
    first.

    In article <c6lrs6$27dc9$1@ID-57098.news.uni-berlin.de>,
    "Rod" <cellular-dude@sprintpcs.com> wrote:

    > he'll be gone soon enough.

    Nope

    Amazing how these blind SprintPCS apologists want a SprintPCS
    cheerleading newsgroup.

    Robert M. wrote:
    > Amazing how these blind SprintPCS apologists want a SprintPCS
    > cheerleading newsgroup.

    Enough... plonk
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > Amazing how these blind SprintPCS apologists want a SprintPCS
    > cheerleading newsgroup.

    Amazing to see how you used 2 different IDs in this thread as well ... not.
    Tell me Phillipe, when do you shave your right palm? It before or after you
    do the ID change?

    Bob
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <veldy71@yahoo.com> wrote in message
  13. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <9c02589b.0404270919.3307ff26@posting.google.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:

    > I'm about ready to split for good.

    Don;t let the door hit you on the way out.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message news:<rmarkoff-7DCDB6.13011227042004@news05.east.earthlink.net>...
    > In article <9c02589b.0404270919.3307ff26@posting.google.com>,
    > larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:
    >
    > > I'm about ready to split for good.
    >
    > Don;t let the door hit you on the way out.

    I'll make a deal with you. I'll leave for good if you do? That way
    everyone else can have a much better group again. What do you think?
  15. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    "Robert M." <rmarkoff@msn.com> wrote in message
    > In article <9c02589b.0404270919.3307ff26@posting.google.com>,
    > larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:
    >
    > > I'm about ready to split for good.
    >
    > Don;t let the door hit you on the way out.

    Why don't you follow him out Phillipe?

    Bob
  16. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Larry Thomas wrote:

    > "Thadius" <PsuedoName@noplace.com> wrote in message news:<vxpjc.47405$G_.11930@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
    > > The content of this group has deteriorated into the toilet. Are there any
    > > other groups with quality Sprint PCS information without the bickering and
    > > personal attacks? This group was once a quality source of good information
    > > but is now nothing more than the same old tired argument between the same
    > > few individuals. Can anyone suggest some other places where there is a
    > > better exchange of information? Thanks. Thadius.
    >
    > I couldn't agree more. I'm about ready to split for good. This group
    > has turned into nothing but pathetic garbage. Try howardforums.com or
    > sprintusers.com. for much better SPCS discussion.

    Don't leave quite yet.

    If Robert is as smart as he claims to be, he'll back off and
    try to be a productive contributor.

    Not holding my breath,

    Larry
  17. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <408EA42D.D570DC67@spamcop.net>,
    Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:

    > Don't leave quite yet.
    >
    > If Robert is as smart as he claims to be, he'll back off and
    > try to be a productive contributor.
    >
    > Not holding my breath,
    >
    > Larry

    I am the most productive contributor here. I just don't take
    the white washing of the Blind SprintPCS apologists.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

  19. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    > In article <408EA42D.D570DC67@spamcop.net>,
    > Lawrence Glasser <lglasser@spamcop.net> wrote:
    >
    > > Don't leave quite yet.
    > >
    > > If Robert is as smart as he claims to be, he'll back off and
    > > try to be a productive contributor.
    > >
    > > Not holding my breath,
    > >
    > > Larry
    >
    > I am the most productive contributor here. I just don't take
    > the white washing of the Blind SprintPCS apologists.

    Oh ... is bragging (falsely I might add) a Christian trait also ...?

    Bob
  20. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote in message news:<9c02589b.0404270919.3307ff26@posting.google.com>...
    > "Thadius" <PsuedoName@noplace.com> wrote in message news:<vxpjc.47405$G_.11930@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
    > > The content of this group has deteriorated into the toilet. Are there any
    > > other groups with quality Sprint PCS information without the bickering and
    > > personal attacks? This group was once a quality source of good information
    > > but is now nothing more than the same old tired argument between the same
    > > few individuals. Can anyone suggest some other places where there is a
    > > better exchange of information? Thanks. Thadius.
    >

    > I couldn't agree more. I'm about ready to split for good. This group
    > has turned into nothing but pathetic garbage. Try howardforums.com or
    > sprintusers.com. for much better SPCS discussion.

    I'll agree, HoFo's has always been good (even though I haven't been
    there in a while) and SprintUsers has gotten much better.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Thadius:
    Just to make your point, I note that this thread also has been hijacked into
    yet another pissing contest. As a Sprint customer for ca. 7 years, I used to
    depend on the willingness of a number of well-informed people on this
    newsgroup to share their knowledge. I finally got fed up with all the time I
    had to waste wading through bickering and name-calling to get an answer. It
    is very easy to deal with trolls, just ignore them. But many people here
    feel the need to feed the troll and for that reason, they are as much to
    blame. I now depend primarily on www.howardforums.com. There are individual
    forums for different carriers as well as for phone manufacturers. Other
    relevant websites are www.sprintusers.com and www.phonescoop.com. I check
    back here occasionally, but usually I only end up reading headers for
    specific topics. Someone else has probably mentioned these sites already,
    but I did not want to read all the other nonsense. Good luck, larry

    "Thadius" <PsuedoName@noplace.com> wrote in message
    > The content of this group has deteriorated into the toilet. Are there any
    > other groups with quality Sprint PCS information without the bickering and
    > personal attacks? This group was once a quality source of good
    information
    > but is now nothing more than the same old tired argument between the same
    > few individuals. Can anyone suggest some other places where there is a
    > better exchange of information? Thanks. Thadius.

  22. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <9c02589b.0404271238.5c1c6f4e@posting.google.com>,
    larryt510@hotmail.com (Larry Thomas) wrote:

    > Unfortunately those of us who use google can't kill file anyone.

    Good to know !!!
  23. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    Yes - the point has been clearly made. Thank you for the links.
    Thadius

    "phelan.2" <phelan.2@Xosu.edu> wrote in message
    > Thadius:
    > Just to make your point, I note that this thread also has been hijacked
    into
    > yet another pissing contest. As a Sprint customer for ca. 7 years, I used
    > depend on the willingness of a number of well-informed people on this
    > newsgroup to share their knowledge. I finally got fed up with all the time
    > had to waste wading through bickering and name-calling to get an answer.
    It
    > is very easy to deal with trolls, just ignore them. But many people here
    > feel the need to feed the troll and for that reason, they are as much to
    > blame. I now depend primarily on www.howardforums.com. There are
    individual
    > forums for different carriers as well as for phone manufacturers. Other
    > relevant websites are www.sprintusers.com and www.phonescoop.com. I check
    > back here occasionally, but usually I only end up reading headers for
    > specific topics. Someone else has probably mentioned these sites already,
    > but I did not want to read all the other nonsense. Good luck, larry
    >

    > "Thadius" <PsuedoName@noplace.com> wrote in message
    > > The content of this group has deteriorated into the toilet. Are there
    any
    > > other groups with quality Sprint PCS information without the bickering
    and
    > > personal attacks? This group was once a quality source of good
    > information
    > > but is now nothing more than the same old tired argument between the
    same
    > > few individuals. Can anyone suggest some other places where there is a
    > > better exchange of information? Thanks. Thadius.

  24. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    I used to be a regular here several years ago. Now I just pop in from time
    to time when I need to get info or ask a question. I've noticed that the NG
    has sunk to dramatic trolls. I think this Philippe guy should be ignored as
    others have suggested.

    It's funny that Philipe (or whatever name he is using today) immediately
    knew he was the troll.

    Whenever I peek in here, it seems like most of the trash talking is between
    Philippe-Bob Smith or Philippe-OSiris. If you two would just ignore him at
    all costs (regardless of how hard it is) the NG will once again be the
    terrific place I remember it being.

    > In article <bcsjc.48222$w96.4376765@attbi_s54>,
    > "Chris Pisarra" <Chris@Pisarra.com> wrote:
    >

    > > "Bob Smith" burbled to the world:
    > > >
    > > > This newsgroup has taken a dive, all because of one troll.
    >
    > Bob Smith is the one that uses excremental language. get rid of him
    > first.
  25. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    In article <Ks2kc.11883$Rd4.982916@attbi_s51>,
    "Roy N." <compconsult@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > If you two would just ignore

    Too bad you can't even follow your own advice.
  26. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.sprintpcs (More info?)

    SprintPCS.HowardForums.com

    On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Thadius wrote:

    > The content of this group has deteriorated into the toilet. Are there any
    > other groups with quality Sprint PCS information without the bickering and
    > personal attacks? This group was once a quality source of good information
    > but is now nothing more than the same old tired argument between the same
    > few individuals. Can anyone suggest some other places where there is a
    > better exchange of information? Thanks. Thadius.

Sprint PCS Internet Service Providers