The Fall -- Information on the English release.

Silver Style Entertainment has posted some information regarding the
release of the English version of The Fall (think Fallout). It isn't much,
but still, it means The Fall *will* be released outside of the
German-speaking countries:

"OK, here is the status:

- Yes, TF will be released in US, UK, Australia and all other English
speaking territories. The game will also reach most parts of Asia.
- Yes, we already have partners for those territories.
- Yes, the English version will differ from the German one regarding some
features. It will be the latest version (an advancement of the Extended
Version if you want so).
- Yes, the release will be nearly simultaniously in the English speaking
territories.
- No, we don't now the exact date, because it isn't that easy to coordinate
the release on different continents. We are not EA (mercifully Wink).
- No, the English master isn't finished yet.
- What's the reason for the long waiting time? We simply want to release a
perfect polished game, that's it.

One thing we really want to say: Thank you for your patience! :)

Carsten Strehse
Lead Designer "

In the meanwhile, patch 1.9 for the extended version (German) is to be
released very soon. It's actually an excellent game now, after nearly a
year worth of patches.

M.

Shadows

Distinguished
May 2, 2003

On 2005-07-15, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
> Silver Style Entertainment has posted some information regarding the
> release of the English version of The Fall (think Fallout).

Actually don't think Fallout. There was nothing in the trailers
or the press that gave any indication that the game would be
anything like Fallout with the sole exception that it took place
is a post nuclear world. The genre is all that those games have
in common.

From what I could tell this game is more like Jagged Alliance but
I'll wait and see what the on-line reviews say after the English
release.

shadows <shadows@whitefang.com> wrote:
>On 2005-07-15, Michael Vondung <mvondung@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Silver Style Entertainment has posted some information regarding the
>> release of the English version of The Fall (think Fallout).
>
>Actually don't think Fallout. There was nothing in the trailers
>or the press that gave any indication that the game would be
>anything like Fallout with the sole exception that it took place
>is a post nuclear world. The genre is all that those games have
>in common.
>
>From what I could tell this game is more like Jagged Alliance but
>I'll wait and see what the on-line reviews say after the English
>release.

The guy shot a buffalo and got meat from it.