Why should I choose an "M-Audio" interface over a "Pro-Too..

Status
Not open for further replies.

this is YISH313 again

Let me clear a few things up...

1. Im doing Music Composing Strickly In the Software or Digital
Domain.
VSTs and Directx plugins(Hypersonic, Kontakt, Plugsound etc....) Cubase
SX for sequencing(no need for musicians, at least not yet).

2. Im not recording vocals. Instrumentals (no need for room acoustics)

3. I havent Mixed yet. (No need for engineer.) just putting the various
parts down

Now im not saying that i dont need to mix in a great room, record in a
proffesionally built booth or even record live instruments. Like i said
all that i know and can do.

aside all the acoustics and engineering, my work suffers from a
somewhat subtle and minor quality deffeciency. that makes such a
difference that my stuff comes off as cheap sounding. Im not looking
for a good sounding setup, im aiming for an excellent sounding setup.
some transparency and less masking before the mix(not totally
eliminated, thats an engineering tc-nique)
just some clarity in my music.

Its hard to explain...

--
yish313

yish313 wrote:

> SX for sequencing(no need for musicians, at least not yet).
>
> 2. Im not recording vocals. Instrumentals (no need for room
acoustics)

> 3. I havent Mixed yet. (No need for engineer.) just putting the
> various parts down

Lack of lifeforms involved in the process = "lifeless"

> aside all the acoustics and engineering, my work suffers from a
> somewhat subtle and minor quality deffeciency. that makes such a
> difference that my stuff comes off as cheap sounding.

Like the the software instruments being cheap imitations of
real instruments. You're not actually creating much new
in the form of music, just copying old data from several
files into new ones. There's not been any element of sound
until after it's played back.

> Im not looking
> for a good sounding setup, im aiming for an excellent sounding setup.
> some transparency and less masking before the mix(not totally
> eliminated, thats an engineering tc-nique)
> just some clarity in my music.

Where did things go wrong ? Try incorporating some
elements you used before you had all the VST's etc.
Music should be played by players not a computer.

> Its hard to explain...
>

> --
> yish313

Maybe you could hook up with Hassan ... ?

rd